Sponsored

What are some things you DON'T like about the GT350?

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
1st hand impressions?
It must be said that I am biased, but I absolutely thought this was one of the sexiest cars at the show. It has a very mean stance, very purposeful. It was elevated so I was not able to peak inside, but out blew my socks off. My wife it's all about me getting one. I really don't love the new Mustang in white, but everything about this car worked for me. I so wanted to hear it.

I also took a good look at the hellcat BOTH. Didn't love the interior. The dash seemed cheap. The arts-v was impressive at under 60k and <4 seconds to 60, both coupe and sedan are attractive cars. The z06 was a mean looking sum beach. I have much love for that Chevy.

As an aside my wife did a ride along in the new edge. Not only does that thing parallel park, but it will also find a proper space, notify you and then BACK in parking spots perpendicular. My wife loves her gadgets and she already has a 2013 edge limited, but... looks like we trade this one early.
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
It must be said that I am biased, but I absolutely thought this was one of the sexiest cars at the show. It has a very mean stance, very purposeful. It was elevated so I was not able to peak inside, but out blew my socks off. My wife it's all about me getting one. I really don't love the new Mustang in white, but everything about this car worked for me. I so wanted to hear it.

I also took a good look at the hellcat BOTH. Didn't love the interior. The dash seemed cheap. The arts-v was impressive at under 60k and <4 seconds to 60, both coupe and sedan are attractive cars. The z06 was a mean looking sum beach. I have much love for that Chevy.

As an aside my wife did a ride along in the new edge. Not only does that thing parallel park, but it will also find a proper space, notify you and then BACK in parking spots perpendicular. My wife loves her gadgets and she already has a 2013 edge limited, but... looks like we trade this one early.
arts-v?

Senna1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 5.0
According to this picture from the release:

The GT350 has the base interior package (obviously unique wheel and seats, but the dash/console looks the be plain Jane base Mustang).

Not really cool, IMO, for the $60k flagship/halo to share so much with the $25k base model. The dash/console should be the premium materials and controls at a minimum.

I get it, it's a hardcore performance model, but let's be honest; very few ppl are buying $60k+ track toys that never see the street. In reality, it's a prestige/halo model, and the base interior doesn't fit that image.

Otherwise? Yes please, do want.

Sponsored

BrainFreeze

Threads
Reaction score
There is a tech package and options for those who want the gadgets and premium costs. You have to consider that they wanted the base price to start lower to draw more attention in (affordable performance). If you want a 8 inch touch screen you can pay extra for it, some of us do not. It is great to have options.

BrainFreeze

Threads
Reaction score
Things I do not like:

1. spoiler
2. stripes

Also, I am bummed that magnaride is optional. Guess I'd go for that as an option though.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Currently at the LA Auto Show in front of the car. Per spokesmodel, at least 100 hp per liter. Also,higher production #s than the Boss302.

I strongly dislike all of the fake CF trim. If it's plastic, be plastic. Don't try to mimic CF. Really cheap looking. 1st order of business would be to replace it all with real CF pieces from the aftermarket. Also, the black rear spoiler and back tail light panel don't look right with this color combo.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Currently at the LA Auto Show in front of the car. Per spokesmodel, at least 100 hp per liter.
Excellent. Means now we're pretty much confirmed at 520+. I expect at least another 20-30 on top of that before all's said and done. :)

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
While they may have been their excuse from 2010-2014, it can't be the reason this time. The grille is closed off on the driver's side in the same area where the badge would be mounted. The "blocked off" areas are symmetrical. They could have put it on the correct side this time.

Touché

Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
3. It has a rear spoiler.
4. Won't be on dealer lots for the 50th Anniversary of the GT350.
Both of these but the fact it is not a 15 kinda sucks.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I would like to see a DCT option, time to step up to a modern high performance gearbox. Six-speed still standard but provide a DCT option just like Magneride is an option.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
1. More color accents for the interior (steering wheel, seats, door inserts, etc...).
I understand this car is about more go than show but, come on man!:rant:

2. Body colored upper and lower grill fangs:shrug:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
1. More color accents for the interior (steering wheel, seats, door inserts, etc...).
I understand this car is about more go than show but, come on man!:rant:

2. Body colored upper and lower grill fangs:shrug:
An eye for design. Agreed on both counts.
Sponsored