Sponsored

What are some things you DON'T like about the GT350?

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28
Sounds to me like u really want this thing to end up in the $70k range, and for my sake I hope it doesn't come anywhere near that.
I don't care if options out into the 70's. Those are the things that get me to choose a GT350 over a Z06.
Sponsored

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
I don't care if options out into the 70's. Those are the things that get me to choose a GT350 over a Z06.
Really?! If I had the money I'd get a z all day everyday, the gt350 is more competition for the Z28, the Z06 is in another league of car entirely.

ARTSBEST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
I don't think a punched out 5.0 is anything to write home about but when Ford introduces the newest Shelby GT 500 with a supercharged 6.2 then I'll give them their truly deserved kudos.

The current Shelby GT 350 is a step in the right direction but Ford is NOT going to take a back seat to the Hellcat I can assure you.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I don't think a punched out 5.0 is anything to write home about but when Ford introduces the newest Shelby GT 500 with a supercharged 6.2 then I'll give them their truly deserved kudos.
That's funny right there. Ford builds a motor that not even the exotic carmakers have pulled off -- a motor that will probably make nearly as much power NA as your blown ZL1 does -- and it's nothing to write home about. But slapping a blower on a large displacement motor is somehow more special? :crazy:

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
That's funny right there. Ford builds a motor that not even the exotic carmakers have pulled off -- a motor that will probably make nearly as much power NA as your blown ZL1 does -- and it's nothing to write home about. But slapping a blower on a large displacement motor is somehow special? :crazy:
:amen:

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you should just get a Z06. It fits all of your requirements.

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
I dont like that it isnt in my parkung spot right now

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' GT500
Although a huge improvement over the Base/GT I would like it more if the headlight and it's assembly were about 10% larger and if the bumper did not drop down as much in the center where it borders the upper grille.

That is about it, love everything else including the N/N FPC motor, big rubber and mangaride.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I did the La auto show yesterday. While I was looking at a new gt, a man standing next to me starts complaining that there is no gt350... Odd, as the gt350 was just feet away. It was elevated on a platform & revolving. When I point the car out he gushes over the car, but says he didn't recognize it because there are no side stripes. Sunny beach....... no side stripes with GT350. I suspect that this car will be in my garage next fall/winter. I will likely be adding side stripes.

Beyond that price, available creature comforts, dealer Mark ups, actual real world performance...Could all be issues But, I'm very optimistic about all of this.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
1. Stripes are too narrow.
2. Grille badge is on the wrong side.
3. It has a rear spoiler.
4. Won't be on dealer lots for the 50th Anniversary of the GT350.

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
1. Stripes are too narrow.
2. Grille badge is on the wrong side.
3. It has a rear spoiler.
4. Won't be on dealer lots for the 50th Anniversary of the GT350.
They put the grill badge on the passenger side so not to restrict any airflow to the airbox, they started doing this back on the 2010 GT500's.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I see the stripe comments, you will likely be able to order sans stripes, but one wide stripe with 1" pin stripes parallel might look good. I don't think the roof line and hood will look right with wide stripes.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
They put the grill badge on the passenger side so not to restrict any airflow to the airbox, they started doing this back on the 2010 GT500's.
While they may have been their excuse from 2010-2014, it can't be the reason this time. The grille is closed off on the driver's side in the same area where the badge would be mounted. The "blocked off" areas are symmetrical. They could have put it on the correct side this time.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I did the La auto show yesterday. While I was looking at a new gt, a man standing next to me starts complaining that there is no gt350... Odd, as the gt350 was just feet away. It was elevated on a platform & revolving. When I point the car out he gushes over the car, but says he didn't recognize it because there are no side stripes. Sunny beach....... no side stripes with GT350. I suspect that this car will be in my garage next fall/winter. I will likely be adding side stripes.

Beyond that price, available creature comforts, dealer Mark ups, actual real world performance...Could all be issues But, I'm very optimistic about all of this.
1st hand impressions?
Sponsored