Sponsored

What are some things you DON'T like about the GT350?

Rhumbline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 BMW M3
I too have noticed the different notes in the Nurburgring videos, thinking perhaps one is the FPC GT 350 Voodoo motor and the other perhaps being a TT CPC V8 GT500 yet to be announced. I did seem to hear a distinctive turbo whine/whistle coming from the latter, but maybe I was hearing things. I could certainly see room and a place in the Mustang lineup for a GT500, and a TT Coyote would certainly do the trick power-wise.

I agree though that Ford shouldn't be worried about it sounding "too much like a Ferrari." What is that supposed to mean?
Yeah, maybe they should be worried about it sounding like a fart-canned Honda, but I would think sounding like a Ferrari would be aspirational, not something to actively avoid.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Yeah, maybe they should be worried about it sounding like a fart-canned Honda, but I would think sounding like a Ferrari would be aspirational, not something to actively avoid.

Ironic that you mention that when Ferraris(and Lambos and other exotic cars) sound just like fart-canned Hondas when driving at low speeds, such as while in traffic.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well it's two big 4s coupled together, so it's going to sound like a 4 cylinder in some ways.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
That Audi really makes me miss the naturally aspirated days of F1.

I think the GT350 will be much closer to the Pantera in sound, due to the fewer number of cyliners than the R8 V10.

-T

MizzouRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SRT, 70 Challenger R/T
Like many others, what I don't like about the GT350 are all the unknowns:

1. What will be price?
2. When will car be delivered to buyers?
3. Will production levels be high enough to eliminate ADM after initial frenzy?
4. What will be actual power and performance levels?
5. Will there be any vibration / reliability / durability issues with the FPC?

I'm guessing Ford is all over the FPC vibration, but that is a significant design change and they are breaking new ground that no one else has ventured into before, so there is a small element of risk there.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I think I like the regular shift knob better. I don't like the flattened top, the ring around it, and the red letters....to me it makes it look cheaper and more plastic-y :shrug:
ShelbyGT350R_17_HR.jpg
15FordMustang_54_HR-1024x921.jpg

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
The only thing I do not like is the color selection. The yellow is too canary, the Blue too dark (like the liquid blue) and no Lt. Silver......Im sure next year will have better colors....

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I don't care about emblems or logos. My car will be black so black mirrors don't matter. I don't like stripes at all.

Still too many things we don't know about the car. Price would be the biggest thing I don't like if it indeed is intended to rival the Z/28. I feel the rear end needs just a touch more distinction from the standard car. The front end looks so good IMO that the rear can be made a tad more aggressive, such as wider fender flares and a larger lip spoiler a la GT500.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I want track package and nav/sync3 without all the other crap in the electronics package. Why do I have to get all the other fluff if I just want to upgrade my radio?

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
Remove the Shelby name.. Period
Sponsored