Sponsored

What are some things you DON'T like about the GT350?

obiwandado

15 Deep Impact EB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I want to order a GT350R, with AC, that's it, no radio, no sync, no other electronics, or any of that other crap, just AC, why can't I just have a GT350R with AC only!
Because I want heated and cooled leather seats, a touch screen nav with 10 speakers along with the 500+ horsepower and I, unlike you, represent the current demographic of a buyer who'll shell out 60g's and is willing to compromise 3 tenths in lap time for the 300 extra pounds in weight for all of that neat tech.

Buy a race car!
Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Because I want heated and cooled leather seats, a touch screen nav with 10 speakers along with the 500+ horsepower and I, unlike you, represent the current demographic of a buyer who'll shell out 60g's and is willing to compromise 3 tenths in lap time for the 300 extra pounds in weight for all of that neat tech.

Buy a race car!

Wow...that's rough.

Probably true on the demographic thing but still a rough way to say it.

obiwandado

15 Deep Impact EB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Heated seats are not offered in the GT350R, guess your demographic doesnt have as much clout as you seem to think it does
It wasn't meant to be taken literally. It just explains car manufacturer's thinking behind equipment offerings and option packages.

They know that most people won't be able to extract all of the performance that a car has to offer, so including some comforts on the days you're not pummeling the track, which will be most of the time, is an acceptable trade-off.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Buy a race car!
A GT350 would BE my race car. Also at least an occasional "daily driver" and trip car, depending somewhat on whether I kept my '08.

I'd need it to have A/C (I get heat-stressed too easily), want it to have a basic FM/CD sound system, probably want a basic message center for distance-to-empty and outside temperature, maybe seat heaters if I traded or sold the '08 . . . and not much else. That's enough "comfort & convenience" for me, and it's all I ever use even when more features are available on the car I'm driving.

I have no interest in "all of that neat tech" at all, not even if it didn't cost a thing in lap times. Touch screen - I'd pay extra to NOT have to get one of those things. Hell, I don't even want basic (non-adaptive) cruise control, never use it.

Norm

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc

Buy a race car!

Actually the demographic this car is targeting are the successful Boomers and GenXer's. Older and wiser with more disposable income and heading towards retirement.

The Demographic that is dominant in our modern time is the Millenials, who happen to be socially current, hipper, more aware of the environment and not keen on buying a vehicle without first weighing the benefits of environmental impact through owning it versus what they get in return for their money. And most of all, unless they are funded by Mom and Dad or fell into a lucky high paying role fresh out of college...they are mostly at or below average salaries for their chosen field or just broke.

Most Millenials would not see the value in a GT350 and pass on it to instead just call UBER or LYFT to get where they want to go. But, if they were to buy one of these they would likely look at the base GT350. But if its a Gas Guzzler...they won't buy it. They'll instead finance a BMW i8 with help from Mom and Dad..

Boomers would not care for the extra bells and whistles and would get the Car based on Bang for the buck or what variant nets the most performance in return for their retirement money. So likely best matched to a GT350 Track pack or GT350R.

GenXer's would be more inclined towards the amenities in return for their money with little if any sacrifice in performance So more matched to a GT350 Tech Pack to a Track Pack or any variation they can have in between the two and they would be willing to pay for the customization to suit their needs. This is also the typical "tuner" Demographic.

Many of us don't really slot into any category, but sort of bridge between them. But, Market studies across many disciplines tend to reflect the above.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Actually the demographic this car is targeting are the successful Boomers and GenXer's. Older and wiser with more disposable income and heading towards retirement.

The Demographic that is dominant in our modern time is the Millenials, who happen to be socially current, hipper, more aware of the environment and not keen on buying a vehicle without first weighing the benefits of environmental impact through owning it versus what they get in return for their money. And most of all, unless they are funded by Mom and Dad or fell into a lucky high paying role fresh out of college...they are mostly at or below average salaries for their chosen field or just broke.

Most Millenials would not see the value in a GT350 and pass on it to instead just call UBER or LYFT to get where they want to go. But, if they were to buy one of these they would likely look at the base GT350. But if its a Gas Guzzler...they won't buy it. They'll instead finance a BMW i8 with help from Mom and Dad..

Boomers would not care for the extra bells and whistles and would get the Car based on Bang for the buck or what variant nets the most performance in return for their retirement money. So likely best matched to a GT350 Track pack or GT350R.

GenXer's would be more inclined towards the amenities in return for their money with little if any sacrifice in performance So more matched to a GT350 Tech Pack to a Track Pack or any variation they can have in between the two and they would be willing to pay for the customization to suit their needs. This is also the typical "tuner" Demographic.

Many of us don't really slot into any category, but sort of bridge between them. But, Market studies across many disciplines tend to reflect the above.

Maybe you should look at demographics research before stating a false opinion. Millenials have a time span from 80s to 2000s and while your statements about them are true for a small PORTION of them it is far from all encompassing.

http://www.automobilemag.com/featur...=10152551622040904&adbpl=fb&adbpr=20553875903

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I get what they're showing but the 18 Yr old is a far cry from 30 something. That study needs to further segment into another group that is upcoming from the 18 to mid 20's. Instead they lumped it into one group. Which is unfortunate because it causes people like you to claim my opinion is false when in fact is is closer to the truth than you've gleened over quickly in a google search. In any demographic generation grouping you will find the same 5 subsets. Research used in this study is not comparing the generation gap differences it's why in this study they're also referencing an MTV study where the Boomers and the GenXer's were comprised of 400 participants each. The Millenials contributions was from a cross section of over 4000 participants. So obviously it was not a relational study between segments...it was a more focused study on Millenials. Which is why they broke into 5 subsets. Even so you'll see the same mirroring of the generational gaps based on ages within the Millennials in each subset. Basically a mirror of the bigger broader picture.

You my friend need to read between and beyond the lines. Then you'll see the truth.

History tends to repeat itself.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Who cares about those skinny jeans wearin' hipster emasculated nancy boys lol. They'll be crying home to momma when the sh*t hits the fan. Oh wait, they're still at home with momma lol.

Nailed it with the Gen Xer comment. That's how I'm ordering.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Who cares about those skinny jeans wearin' hipster emasculated nancy boys lol. They'll be crying home to momma when the sh*t hits the fan. Oh wait, they're still at home with momma lol.

Nailed it with the Gen Xer comment. That's how I'm ordering.
Ain't it the truth !! Well said :cheers:

Sponsored

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302

Well that doesn't match me at all lol, I'm 21 with good enough pay to afford what I want, and I want a Track pack GT350 to daily drive:D

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Yeah I get what they're showing but the 18 Yr old is a far cry from 30 something. That study needs to further segment into another group that is upcoming from the 18 to mid 20's. Instead they lumped it into one group. Which is unfortunate because it causes people like you to claim my opinion is false when in fact is is closer to the truth than you've gleened over quickly in a google search. In any demographic generation grouping you will find the same 5 subsets. Research used in this study is not comparing the generation gap differences it's why in this study they're also referencing an MTV study where the Boomers and the GenXer's were comprised of 400 participants each. The Millenials contributions was from a cross section of over 4000 participants. So obviously it was not a relational study between segments...it was a more focused study on Millenials. Which is why they broke into 5 subsets. Even so you'll see the same mirroring of the generational gaps based on ages within the Millennials in each subset. Basically a mirror of the bigger broader picture.

You my friend need to read between and beyond the lines. Then you'll see the truth.

History tends to repeat itself.
Cruzenaround..Congratulations I gotta tell you ...your comments always crack me up and this one is no exception !!:lol: I did not understand one thing you just said :frusty: I have never see so much written with so little understood. Maybe its just me...:shrug:

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Cruzenaround..Congratulations I gotta tell you ...your comments always crack me up and this one is no exception !!:lol: I did not understand one thing you just said :frusty: I have never see so much written with so little understood. Maybe its just me...:shrug:

In the age of innovations...there's a lot to get lost on in these conversations.

I'll simplify it....

That guy needs to do more homework instead of claiming a guy who happens to work in the field is wrong.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Well that doesn't match me at all lol, I'm 21 with good enough pay to afford what I want, and I want a Track pack GT350 to daily drive:D

You were accounted for.

And most of all, unless they are funded by Mom and Dad or fell into a lucky high paying role fresh out of college...they are mostly at or below average salaries for their chosen field or just broke.
There is always exceptions to any given category.

and a lot of crossover between them.

Most of these studies are generalizations. The modern equivalent of stereotyping. But those stereotypes are there for a reason....

Most people actually play right into them.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nevermind I give up. I hate being thrown into that stereotype. Even as u just said "lucky enough to land a high paying job" luck has nothing to do with it.
Sponsored