Sponsored

Water Meth Injection question

JC500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange
So I have. A 2015 GT with the Roush TVS supercharger and the Roush Tune and cat back Magna Flow exhaust. Also have a upgraded VMP Triple pass heat x changer.

I WOULD LIKE TO add water meth injection but do not want to change the tune. I want for added cooling to combustion chamber and added octane seems how 91 octane is all I get in California for it.

So has anyone here running meth with no tune for it and if yes whay nozzle size do you advise or works best
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Yes you can run meth with no tune change (and it will still pick up power)

I'm running a 625ml/min (~10gph) nozzle on my car. Wastegated Procharger @ 12-14psi. IAT and EGT dropped while timing went up before any changes were made to the tune.

The only reason I had my tune edited was that I was injecting too much and the PCM couldn't pull enough fuel to get to target AFR, which was causing a rich condition and misfire. I had my tuner pull out some fuel to solve this (basically replaced some 93 with meth). I also wanted more timing to take more advantage of the meth.

If you're just trying to use it for cooling and octane though, no reason to do that. Just increase meth flow until either A. you stop seeing temp/timing improvement, or B. you get a misfire code. :thumbsup:

Check this thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100521 There's several guys in there doing exactly what you said. [MENTION=29826]BlownOne[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21672]Slamdcoop0428[/MENTION] :cheers:

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Short answer is yes it will work just fine. However, a pd blower will need more meth/water sprayed in the intake pipe since the air will be compressed when it enters the rotors. The cooling effects will be less for that reason, but it still helps keep iats lower than running without. We (bunch of s4 Audi guys) started playing with meth injection a year or two ago on our 1.3L Eaton pd setups and everyone that used it had good results.

The thread Alh linked has lots of good information from people who are either using or have installed meth kits.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I've been running a trunk mount single nozzle 9gph nozzle in the Whipple inlet elbow for more than a year now. I had been running 3.5" pulley on 93 for for a while and when I put an Ngauge found way more knock that I was comfortable with, up to 4 positive and 13-15 total advance. Whipple cals max to pull safely is 4. Since the meth injection 50/50 I get 0 knock and 18 total on the 3.5" IAT's didn't move much since I'm not spraying much for a twin screw.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JC500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange
Ok good info here for sure. I am about to buy the kit do you guys advise to install the nozzle before the throttle body or after it in the supercharger elbow? What snow performance kit is best? I was looking at the kit 2 with the round boost gauge where u can adjust it from inside or is the black box one with dial suitable

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I've been running a trunk mount single nozzle 9gph nozzle in the Whipple inlet elbow for more than a year now. I had been running 3.5" pulley on 93 for for a while and when I put an Ngauge found way more knock that I was comfortable with, up to 4 positive and 13-15 total advance. Whipple cals max to pull safely is 4. Since the meth injection 50/50 I get 0 knock and 18 total on the 3.5" IAT's didn't move much since I'm not spraying much for a twin screw.
You're not scared about the bearings spraying pre-blower over long term?
I spoke briefly with KB about Meth injection and they highly advised against pre-blower.
They say it "washes out their sealed bearings"
I'd love to eventually run a little meth, I'll just have to figure out where to spray post blower.

OP
OP

JC500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange
I have not heard any bad about bearings being effected by meth. I know you should inject before throttle body but have seen guys injecting after the throttle body. I am still researching all options . I know Roush has said don't do it but I really want the added octane and cooling .

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Well, just given what the manufacturer is telling me (for KB) and how cooling post blower air would be a lot more beneficial than pre, I'll just research where I'll be tapping I guess to try and get even dispersement.
It sucks because there's 3 ports at the back of my plenum that are currently plugged. It would be too easy to run a kit there

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
You're not scared about the bearings spraying pre-blower over long term?
I spoke briefly with KB about Meth injection and they highly advised against pre-blower.
They say it "washes out their sealed bearings"
I'd love to eventually run a little meth, I'll just have to figure out where to spray post blower.
I ran meth on KB's from 05-14 without issue and I know many people who did as well long term without bearing problems. I talked with KB a long time ago about this and they said the same thing not to spark throught the blower, but I think they just don't want anyone doing anything different period for warranty reasons. Have bearings failed on these blowers for sure Andy I would bet most cases didn't run meth either. Dustin Whipple has never advised against it and it's not like we're spraying meth in it all the time just on a hit.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Oh come on guys.. the Germans figured this stuff out 75 years ago :lol:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I believe there solution was to axe the MW-50 in favor of an intercooler. :cheers:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name