Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
I believe there is only SSM #45938 out to the dealers on the vibration issue and gives the dealer some direction to follow. Notice it includes 2017 models.
That's the one
Sponsored

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Well with the help of SSM #45938 i was able to get a step closer to getting this fixed. The vibration on my car is slight compared to others here. But it being subtle i got the it is: road noise, stiff suspension and my favorite common mustang vibration. So, wheels spin balanced, road force balanced and drive-line inspected. Still have the vibration next step should be on car drive shaft balancing. Now i have to find a dealer that has the required MTS 4000 NVH analyzer and a tech that knows how to use it.

Yes, the vibration is annoying but livable. Biggest concern for me is wearing out parts since i keep cars for 10-15 years.

Last edited:

Boosty15

Young Padawan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tri-Coat Yellow Manual Ecoboost Premium
. Still have the vibration next step should be on car drive shift balancing. Now i have to find a dealer that has the required MTS 4000 NVH analyzer and a tech that knows how to use it.

Yes, the vibration is annoying but livable. Biggest concern for me is wearing out parts since i keep cars for 10-15 years.
GOOD LUCK!!

I cant find a Dealer within 175 miles of my original dealer that has the tool. None of them will order it either. Called ford about this as well and I got the "We will look into it and get back with you"

:ford:

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I am going back in the morning for my second try but I really think the solution is paying to have it done at a driveline shop. Going back to used cars next time. They were less trouble actually.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Well with the help of SSM #45938 i was able to get a step closer to getting this fixed. The vibration on my car is slight compared to others here. But it being subtle i got the it is: road noise, stiff suspension and my favorite common mustang vibration. So, wheels spin balanced, road force balanced and drive-line inspected. Still have the vibration next step should be on car drive shaft balancing. Now i have to find a dealer that has the required MTS 4000 NVH analyzer and a tech that knows how to use it.

Mine is in the same category- slight but definitely there. Once you know it's there, it's impossible to ignore. Even the FSE admitted that. I'd have the dealer try the hose clamp method if they will do it. The vibration and noise are actually worse with the wheels off the ground, so they should be be able to dial it in pretty well.
I'm at the point where I'm thinking about trading it in on an Infiniti G37 coupe. The problem is that the Mustang looks so good... and the Infiniti drives so good.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'm at the point where I'm thinking about trading it in on an Infiniti G37 coupe. The problem is that the Mustang looks so good... and the Infiniti drives so good.
My wife drives one of those with the Advanced Tech + Sport pkgs. We've had no issues other than the seat belt TSB. Drives like a dream ! Gotta love the titanium paddle shifters :cool:

LumenCordis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt
See now thats like comparing a trophy girlfriend, or a wife you can actually have a future with. You may have some fun with the gf, but the wife will never let you down, or leave you with a std, i mean a tsb.

:D

Boosty15

Young Padawan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My wife drives one of those with the Advanced Tech + Sport pkgs. We've had no issues other than the seat belt TSB. Drives like a dream ! Gotta love the titanium paddle shifters :cool:
Seat belt TSB? Does this have anything to do with my seatbelts not retracting?

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Seat belt TSB? Does this have anything to do with my seatbelts not retracting?
Yes, there was an issue with seatbelts not retracting all the way on 2009 G37 Verts. Don't think it impacted the Coupe.

There was a TSB for certain late build '15, early build '16 Mustangs as well.

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
I would pay one of you members to do this for me but unfortunately I don't think any of you familiar with this process live close by

Sponsored

Boosty15

Young Padawan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yes, there was an issue with seatbelts not retracting all the way on 2009 G37 Verts. Don't think it impacted the Coupe.

There was a TSB for certain late build '15, early build '16 Mustangs as well.
I hate to hijack the thread a bit but do you know the TSB number by chance?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I hate to hijack the thread a bit but do you know the TSB number by chance?
Put your VIN in at Ford's owner website and it will tell you if there are any TSB's, recalls, etc.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
BTW, if you want to drive your Mustang and not feel the vibration, just cut your grass for an hour on a riding mower and the car will feel like a Rolls Royce :)
I think this fix is coming out in Ford's next TSB.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
On Sat dealer said my two back tires were out of spec based on load forced balancing, so I et 2 new rear tires on Sat. They better be Goodyears with the lip, I don't want the ugly 18" Pirellis. We will see. I am doubtful, but have to go through the motions.

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
On Sat dealer said my two back tires were out of spec based on load forced balancing, so I et 2 new rear tires on Sat. They better be Goodyears with the lip, I don't want the ugly 18" Pirellis. We will see. I am doubtful, but have to go through the motions.
see and this is why i hate taking it in because I had started going through the motions when I first got it and they replaced a tire and balanced them. it was still there. it's not too bad but i notice it more because i know what the fix is.

i've called 2 dealers service shops and they're not aware of the TSB and want me to bring it in. what a pain.
Sponsored