Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Steering wheel vibes are usually a front tire/wheel needing rebalance or cleaning on both sides of each wheel.
Sponsored

bigdaddyspank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOrange GT Premium, 2013 GT500
Really 60mach1-395, do you think we are really that ignorant that we would not know these things? Come on, these are real engineering issues not some mythical diagnosis from a tv show...

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel but it's a light vibration not a mind jarring type. The noise starts like a low volume rumble around 52-55 mph and gets decently noticeable around 65-70. It's a low pitched, almost bass like sound. It sounds like I'm riding a rumble strip, but if the rumble strip volume was a 10, this would be around a 4.5.

It seems to barely make the noise when off the gas, but when you start tipping into the throttle, then it becomes a good bit more apparent. If there isn't traffic around and I press on/let off the gas kind of quickly, you can hear the noise coming in and fading out.

I'm scheduled to drop it off in the morning. I've printed this thread and will be showing it to them. Hopefully they'll actually try to resolve it.

I just got it back Tuesday after they had it 11 days trying to find a new P-Zero to replace the one that popped on me. I'm really getting tired of making trips to the dealership with a new car. At this point, it's been there almost as much as I've had it or so it seems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bigdaddyspank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those symptoms that Juben just described were EXACTLY like my 2015 EcoBitch that I owned for 30 days, lol. Again, it is in fact 99% Eco's and V-6 cars with the issue, (I drove another at the Dealer yesterday just to verify....The G-M is a freind), Performance Pack or not. There is a driveline issue, no doubt. So all of you guys out there trying make to sense and and self diagnose, (Wheels Dirty, Balance, Sub too loud, ate a big lunch) etc, don't bother. The owners of these cars know exactly what is happening, and it's the driveline. Again, I was not going to deal with the "run around", too old for that..... Now if you can get away with driving 70+ all the time, its awesome......55-69ish, forget it, its a massager.

The GT Premium I just traded for is smooth all the way to a HUNDO. Good Luck Gents and Gals!

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Really 60mach1-395, do you think we are really that ignorant that we would not know these things? Come on, these are real engineering issues not some mythical diagnosis from a tv show...
Not sure why anyone would think steering wheel vibrations have anything to do with driveline vibes on a rear wheel driven car, so why was it brought up here if someone thought so?
Maybe not everyone knows that, so what is your problem?:shrug:

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I just got off the phone with the dealership about 20 minutes ago. They did confirm that it was indeed the driveshaft and that it would be replaced as soon as the parts got there. They said that Ford had several procedures for checking this and was aware of the issue so they checked it first.

bigdaddyspank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69mach1-395, no problem here, and please don't take it personal...

Alot of times, people respond to these strings along with other strings and sites with info that is either non related or just ridicules opinionated stuff that someone has told them at one time or another. I, and I am assuming others, appreciate help for whatever issue, that is the correct answer for resolution, not what someones opinion is. It takes countless hours going through strings to find the resolution to issues. In this case, it was already mentioned three pages earlier as to what fixed the issue at the dealer, replacing the Driveshaft. I don't know if you read back that far, but there was never a question of tire balancing. So putting that out there may have "someone who does not know better", waste their time on that, or even waste their money on that possible resolution that would not fix the issue.

As you see, the dealer reconfirmed the Driveshaft with Juben.....Now that is good info for ALL that owns the cars, and have this issue going on. Bravo Juben!

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Bad news, guys. I had my driveshaft replaced at 1100 miles. Now, at 2900 miles, the noise has returned. I can't take it in for probably 3 weeks or so, but my CSM has been notified.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
No problem, I was just responding to post 48 and reinforcing.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Oh my, this is disheartening news. My car is home right now, but the parts are supposed to arrive Monday and be installed Tuesday. They said Ford had some procedures to try to correct it, like installing hose clamps on the driveshaft, but none of those worked. I was excited for this to be fixed, so hopefully it's not short lived.

Sponsored

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Please keep us updated Juben as I have the same vibration problem and will be going to the dealer in a couple weeks. Thanks,Bill

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Please keep us updated Juben as I have the same vibration problem and will be going to the dealer in a couple weeks. Thanks,Bill
I most certainly will. I'm hoping that the issue won't return. It'll be nice to drive it without that noise and vibration.

Mako_254

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Prem Convertible 50th A6 3.55
GT Prem Auto 3.55 w/ a rumble from ~45 to ~65

if the rumble strip volume was a 10, this would be around a 4.5.
My rumble is a ~4 out of 10 and is present at these speeds even when the transmission is put in neutral at >70.

I have an appointment Wednesday afternoon.

Last edited:

Guard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel but it's a light vibration not a mind jarring type. The noise starts like a low volume rumble around 52-55 mph and gets decently noticeable around 65-70. It's a low pitched, almost bass like sound. It sounds like I'm riding a rumble strip, but if the rumble strip volume was a 10, this would be around a 4.5.

It seems to barely make the noise when off the gas, but when you start tipping into the throttle, then it becomes a good bit more apparent. If there isn't traffic around and I press on/let off the gas kind of quickly, you can hear the noise coming in and fading out.

I'm scheduled to drop it off in the morning. I've printed this thread and will be showing it to them. Hopefully they'll actually try to resolve it.

I just got it back Tuesday after they had it 11 days trying to find a new P-Zero to replace the one that popped on me. I'm really getting tired of making trips to the dealership with a new car. At this point, it's been there almost as much as I've had it or so it seems.

Dude on the dot... I just drove on the freeway right now.

I feel a slight vibration on the steering wheel between 55-65 MPH. Looking at RPMs, its around 2,000. It almost seems like the engine is causing the chassis to resonate a little...

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
Dude on the dot... I just drove on the freeway right now.

I feel a slight vibration on the steering wheel between 55-65 MPH. Looking at RPMs, its around 2,000. It almost seems like the engine is causing the chassis to resonate a little...
steering wheel shaking..

bro do you even lift ;);)
Sponsored