Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Yep. I agree with what you say and I personally am not willing to live with it. I called the dealer this morning and told them its back so judging from the post you addressed with me earlier I believe I am eligible to start the LL proceedings
They had the car for 5 weeks and gave me the car back and and a week later the vibration is starting again
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I bought my 17 GT "used" with 900 miles from the dealer. Does Lemon Law cover me in VA under this situation?

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
You will have to look it up. Its easy to find. I know in Florida it applies to cars under 2 years old as long as the problems have been worked on before then. You have me wondering if thats why the car ended up back on the lot with 900 miles on it.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
You will have to look it up. Its easy to find. I know in Florida it applies to cars under 2 years old as long as the problems have been worked on before then. You have me wondering if thats why the car ended up back on the lot with 900 miles on it.
I knew that question would come up. :) Seems the PO really wanted a manual but wife persuaded him to buy and Auto. He didn't like the auto and traded on a manual. At least that's the story I was told. There are no repairs on this car per the VIN.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Oh ok so it probably wasnt the vibration then. Have you had it worked on for this issue since you owned it ?

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Oh ok so it probably wasnt the vibration then. Have you had it worked on for this issue since you owned it ?
This will be the first "issue" the car has had for me or the PO. It's going to be fun to get the service guy to notice the problem with all of the rough freeways around here. Once you get on a smooth road it's quite noticeable, and then you can notice it on any kind of road. I expect this first round to be "no problem found".

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How many of you's have a steering wheel wobble/vibration from this issue.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
How many of you's have a steering wheel wobble/vibration from this issue.
Mine has never "wobbled" like it would with an out of balance tire. But sometimes I can feel it "shake" or "throb" from the Drive Shaft.

Last edited:

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
idk mine is at 75. I had two dealerships (3 people total) drive my car and say they dont notice any rumbling sound at those speeds. Idk am i crazy

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
idk mine is at 75. I had two dealerships (3 people total) drive my car and say they dont notice any rumbling sound at those speeds. Idk am i crazy
There shouldn't be too much guesswork as to whether you are hearing something or not. I bought an iPhone/iPad app to "listen" to the sounds in my GT. It cost about $4.00 as I recall, which is hardly worth mentioning. Just get it.

The sound frequency that was most noticeable in the car was 48Hz which is also the same speed as my driveshaft while driving 110 Kph. If I slowed down or sped up, then there was no standout frequency, but at about 110Kph (68Mph) it was very noticeable. Use a cheap app to help you diagnose your sounds.
Read the posts on page 118 and 119.

Blake
Sound analysis before balancing.jpg

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
There shouldn't be too much guesswork as to whether you are hearing something or not. I bought an iPhone/iPad app to "listen" to the sounds in my GT. It cost about $4.00 as I recall, which is hardly worth mentioning. Just get it.

The sound frequency that was most noticeable in the car was 48Hz which is also the same speed as my driveshaft while driving 110 Kph. If I slowed down or sped up, then there was no standout frequency, but at about 110Kph (68Mph) it was very noticeable. Use a cheap app to help you diagnose your sounds.
Read the posts on page 118 and 119.

Blake
Thanks man.
So I used this on a smooth road going 75. It looked like this for some time. Dropping it down to 60mph and the peak isn't that high at all. So I guess I show them this

picture.png

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did the frequency go up and down as you sped up and down? It should.
What is your gear ratio? Manual? Auto?

In my Manual GT with stock 3.31 gears and stock size tires at 110Kph (68Mph), the driveshaft turns at a CALCULATED speed of 47 times per second. (47 Hz) So my iPad hearing a very loud sound at 48Hz was close enough to know that they were a match.

In MY car 75 Mph would have given a sound of about 52Hz.

Do you have the auto with the 3.15 diff? That would explain why your frequency is different than mine. Of course, the phones/iPads could be a little off as well.
Sure looks like you are hearing the same thing I did.
Mine has been perfectly quiet since I did the DS balance last year.

Blake

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Did the dealer tweak the Drive Shaft balance?
Didn't want to lose my car for a week while the dealer tries to fix it....again.

So, I tweaked hose clamp location to re-balance the DS myself. Took a couple days to get most of the vibration out. Not sure if it is worth the effort to get the last 10-20% as i have to really be looking for the vibration to feel it after this last tweak.
Sponsored