Sponsored

Vented fenders, let me know what you guys think.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
'vented' scoops...

I like the look of the scoops but because they are not vented...I wonder how much drag they produce? Has anyone stuck a real vehicle into a wind tunnel to see just how much more turbulence the scoops produce?
Sponsored

sndofprogress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT pp
I like the look of the scoops but because they are not vented...I wonder how much drag they produce? Has anyone stuck a real vehicle into a wind tunnel to see just how much more turbulence the scoops produce?
The extra drag is negligible.

Edit: even referring to it as "extra drag" is giving it too much credit.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Ehat amount of drag could they produce if theyre mot against the wind??

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Bump for this, i reeaaaaaally want them. I just saw a lexus is f and their oem front fendersare like this and they arent blended to the panel or nothing and they look badass

sndofprogress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT pp
Ehat amount of drag could they produce if theyre mot against the wind??
There will be essentially the same amount of skin friction drag since they don't add any additional surface area, and the form drag will increase a bit due to the additional width added to each fender, and the sight bumps on the seam. But, even if one did have the hundreds thousands of dollars required to put a full scale car into a wind tunnel the change in drag wouldn't even be measurable.

Sponsored

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
And honestly, if your not big on taking your car to the track you won't notic anything

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Oooor, like ive been saying, if it keeps you up at night just cut a big ol hole in the fender

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
i want to know how to buy the taobao fenders. can anyone read chinese and care to translate the buy page?

NVM found them on EBAY im gonna order a set.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
i want to know how to buy the taobao fenders. can anyone read chinese and care to translate the buy page?

NVM found them on EBAY im gonna order a set.
Just got through talking last night with owner of Hentury group about the vents your talking about, and we where working out a deal to buy both versions of fender vents, the one I have and this other version which I think looks cleaner, unfortunately since these are being posted on eBay my Chinese friend will not be getting an order from me, and I will just buy it off of eBay to enjoy on my car, I will no longer be posting about it, the venders here that spend their time trying to sell Chinese products are in for a rude surprise, and unfortunately many products are made in China, and they will sell to anyone with cash, there are 3 vents left on eBay.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
These are the ones
image.jpg

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Here is a pic of a real vented fender they sell as well
image.jpg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Just got through talking last night with owner of Hentury group about the vents your talking about, and we where working out a deal to buy both versions of fender vents, the one I have and this other version which I think looks cleaner, unfortunately since these are being posted on eBay my Chinese friend will not be getting an order from me, and I will just buy it off of eBay to enjoy on my car, I will no longer be posting about it, the venders here that spend their time trying to sell Chinese products are in for a rude surprise, and unfortunately many products are made in China, and they will sell to anyone with cash, there are 3 vents left on eBay.
I am not exactly sure I follow? Your upset that the Chinese supplier is selling these on eBay? You want to be the sole provider of these vents?

sndofprogress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT pp
Did you ever get any pics of your car with the painted vents mounted?

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
non functional = no thank you
Sponsored