Sponsored

Vargas Stage 2 Owners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Tony, have you had a chance to take your car to the track yet and have a time slip? ET? Quarter mile? I'd be very interested to see something like that on how the turbo is doing. Thanks man!
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I was doing so good not posting in this thread. But, people that have a Stick car, I'd ask for a 100% satisfaction or money back guarantee. If it's truely the that good, that shouldn't be to much to ask.

You can call me a hater if you like, I'm ok with that truth. I can honestly say, there is no comparison between a good $5k kit and a VS2.
Hopefully the twin scroll housing will be the fix for the lag and the boost drop on this turbo for the manual trans cars. And for the Auto cars, it might be the fix to have no need for a higher stall TQ convertor. In honesty, it was so close on my car to not needing a looser convertor you could taste it, but for me, close is not enough.

People don't really seem to realize that this turbo is a direct bolt on stock appearing turbo, you can use all your existing parts, its not a Borg Warner or Garrett dedicated ball bearing turbo. With that being said, Ive proven that this Turbo does though make really really good power, and for only 2k. I can roll thru the dealership with it for warranty work, or the CA smog station without scrutiny.

My advice to all you watchers of this thread is to not listen to all you hear on this turbo. Remember there is a huge amount of hatred in this community, whether you like to admit it or not, and peoples feelings will get in the way of results. Wait for the twin scroll housing, and this will be the game changer on this turbo for guys that want sooner spool, and hopefully helps this turbo at the shift drop on manual trans cars. In my application, ive already done the aftermarket convertor, and I like the existing open scroll housing for the peak power. There could be a time when I have my new engine in that I outgrow this turbo, but right now going nearly 124 mph im pretty happy.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Hopefully the twin scroll housing will be the fix for the lag and the boost drop on this turbo for the manual trans cars. And for the Auto cars, it might be the fix to have no need for a higher stall TQ convertor. In honesty, it was so close on my car to not needing a looser convertor you could taste it, but for me, close is not enough.

People don't really seem to realize that this turbo is a direct bolt on stock appearing turbo, you can use all your existing parts, its not a Borg Warner or Garrett dedicated ball bearing turbo. With that being said, Ive proven that this Turbo does though make really really good power, and for only 2k. I can roll thru the dealership with it for warranty work, or the CA smog station without scrutiny.

My advice to all you watchers of this thread is to not listen to all you hear on this turbo. Remember there is a huge amount of hatred in this community, whether you like to admit it or not, and peoples feelings will get in the way of results. Wait for the twin scroll housing, and this will be the game changer on this turbo for guys that want sooner spool, and hopefully helps this turbo at the shift drop on manual trans cars. In my application, ive already done the aftermarket convertor, and I like the existing open scroll housing for the peak power. There could be a time when I have my new engine in that I outgrow this turbo, but right now going nearly 124 mph im pretty happy.
Thanks Mark! We are used to the hate, it doesn't bother us one bit. We rest out hats on results not feelings. Its why we have the best selling, and highest power producing stock frame upgrades in every platform we work with. This one is no different. Whenever you bring something to the table that performs, and is not overly expensive you hurt peoples feelings, this is no different. We will continue to push forward with the TS housings, and our new fuel pump upgrades. As always we appreciate the support!

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

I'm anxious to see the results of the Vargas Stage 2 TS. This combo and price point seems to really line up with my goals and budget for the car.

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I agree. The turbo flat out performs anything in its price range, and much more expensive options as well. The only people saying different are haters trying to sell $5K+ turbo kits. Once the TS housings are done, people will have a choice of insane top end power that still spools as fast as the GTX2867, and makes more WHP, or the TS version that will take 500-600 rpm off spool, and stil make 450WHP up top. Best of all worlds coming soon for under $2K...:) VTTS2 FTW
Then I won't know what to decide on lol

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I forgot Mark had an aftermarket converter. That explains his 60ft times. Not sure if I on a stock converter could achieve the same thing. Prolly would need a t-brake on the stock converter to achieve the same numbers he is footbraking this turbo. The twin scroll however I bet will do ok with the stock converter and footbrake.

OP
OP

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium/PP
I am excited for the twinscroll option. Right now I am FBO with E85 and I would like a bit more down low. The E85 did make a noticeable difference though compared to 93 as far as power down low. I have not had a chance to run my car yet with its current setup. For the price point, I would recommend this turbo to people with autos. There just isn't anything else even close on the price. For dig racing or drag racing a converter, transbrake or twinscroll housing is going to be a must to get a good 60'.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
I want to know more about the fuel pump upgrades!
We will be announcing them soon, most likely in the next week. We just saw a lack of real plug, and play fuel system options that can handle the power levels becoming standard for the platform, and wanted to address them with easily installed, affordable solutions. :cheers:

Sponsored

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli

I disagree with your point about not to listen to what you hear about on this turbo. It's marketing good or bad like it or not right. If users have accurate data that supports positive results then promote it for someone to spend money on it. If users of the turbo have data that negates using this turbo promote that as well so someone doesn't waste their money. Voices should be heard and not silenced. I do agree 100% let's see what the upgraded housing does as it's supposed to improve it. If folks are having issues especially on MT cars maybe a discount or free of charge to those users would help turn things around. I'm staying away because I am MT and 3:55 gears I need quick spool and I want a complete kit all the bells and whistles when I make a move, but that's just me and doesn't really matter to the community what I want :). There sure is a lot of hatred in the turbo community. We should all meet at the bike racks and have a big fight. I'll bring a Trident.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
I disagree with your point about not to listen to what you hear about on this turbo. It's marketing good or bad like it or not right. If users have accurate data that supports positive results then promote it for someone to spend money on it. If users of the turbo have data that negates using this turbo promote that as well so someone doesn't waste their money. Voices should be heard and not silenced. I do agree 100% let's see what the upgraded housing does as it's supposed to improve it. If folks are having issues especially on MT cars maybe a discount or free of charge to those users would help turn things around. I'm staying away because I am MT and 3:55 gears I need quick spool and I want a complete kit all the bells and whistles when I make a move, but that's just me and doesn't really matter to the community what I want :). There sure is a lot of hatred in the turbo community. We should all meet at the bike racks and have a big fight. I'll bring a Trident.
That's the entire point. Have we actually seen any data backing up the claims of poor spool, or performance? I have reposted graphs posted by others in public overlaid with our own graphs also posted in public. Our Stage 2 turbo even with the single scroll housing spooled as fast as the GTX2867 kit, and made more power. Same with the Map PTE 58 series kits. That is HARD data, and facts, not opinions or butt dynos. Every email or post we get or see about issues seems to come from one place, and it is not an accident this person is helping sell that GTX kit, and it is in his best interest to push that forward, while making other options look bad. We do this for a living, have been in the same place for coming up on 40 years, with proper tuning this turbo is an absolute beast, the Twin Scroll will give back some of that low end punch if you miss it. I personally do not, but we are excited to offer that option for those who do.

I will ask again as I did in this thread previously, if anyone has any hard facts, such as dyno's of a properly tuned S2 car, that shows anything other that we have already posted we will gladly address them. Until then, feelings, opinions, and butt dynos are just that. :thumbsup:

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
In case anyone missed them before. GTX2867 kit dyno graph posted on this form, overlaid with our Stage 2 results. Dead even spool, and stage 2 simply pulls away from it 4K up. Both kits tuned by the same person. Anyone have any different results to show, please post them.
GTX2867 VTT S2 Comparison.jpg

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I forgot Mark had an aftermarket converter. That explains his 60ft times. Not sure if I on a stock converter could achieve the same thing. Prolly would need a t-brake on the stock converter to achieve the same numbers he is footbraking this turbo. The twin scroll however I bet will do ok with the stock converter and footbrake.
Why not just upgrade the converter? Pretty common in coyotes and not too bad for a daily. My friend drives LA traffic with his 5 days a week and has no problem with it.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
In case anyone missed them before. GTX2867 kit dyno graph posted on this form, overlaid with our Stage 2 results. Dead even spool, and stage 2 simply pulls away from it 4K up. Both kits tuned by the same person. Anyone have any different results to show, please post them.
I wanted in on the stage 1 action and had a family death expense (which you even offered to honor the intro price), then i reeeeaaally wanted stage 2 (which i debated against a gtx kit) and was diagnosed something ugly and well insurance companies suck. But let me tell you right now, NOTHING is stoping me from getting your ts stage 2 at its first production run. Do you have a rough estimate of a release date? October? November? I just want a month
Sponsored