Sponsored

Vargas Stage 2+ Initial Impression

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I imagine it moves pretty good but that sounds awful.
Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I imagine it moves pretty good but that sounds awful.
Lol I wasn't gonna say much but I agree. I'm not fond of that bumper rattling rasp sound. There's a few other vids of various turbskies including the 7163 with a mbrp and that sounded good

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Lol I wasn't gonna say much but I agree. I'm not fond of that bumper rattling rasp sound. There's a few other vids of various turbskies including the 7163 with a mbrp and that sounded good
Most exhausts sound awful on these cars, Not a fan of the odd raspy trumpet tones. There are a few that don't have it and sound reasonable I agree

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most exhausts sound awful on these cars, Not a fan of the odd raspy trumpet tones. There are a few that don't have it and sound reasonable I agree
[ame]
I would have to say this is my choice for the options I have seen. Burbly, low, almost Evo like idle

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
TBH most exhausts sound like crap on video, The average mic, even high end ones don't catch the full range of what we can hear or feel. For example, the MBRP sounds ok in that video above but is so much better IRL.

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile

I would have to say this is my choice for the options I have seen. Burbly, low, almost Evo like idle
It would be the worst choice though. Probably one of the worst quality exhausts on the market. Full race street sounds just like it though and is very high quality.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be the worst choice though. Probably one of the worst quality exhausts on the market. Full race street sounds just like it though and is very high quality.
I won't deny the quality, but I got mine for 460$ on a sale lol I can't complain with the sound/$ ratio. Btw, I see you have an mbrp in your sig :cheers:

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Temperatures are hitting 100+ here nowadays, so I'll probably wait until things cool off before I dyno the car. However, I had my co-worker that had a '16 GT and now a '17 350R test drive it for comparison. Note that he also test drove it before I did the WMI and turbo upgrade.

With Cobb drop in filter, NGK plugs, IC, Corsa DP, resonator delete (replaced it with Borla 3" in, dual 2.25" out), and TUNE+ 91 Oct tune: He felt that it accelerated harder than his GT to about 40MPH, then started to run out of steam.

Above plus WMI, charge pipes, Airaid intake tube, and VTT Stage 2+: He felt that it pulled hard all the way (he took it to 90MPH). He also said it seems to accelerate faster than his 350R, but it definitely needs upgraded tires (which I concur).

Backwoods

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
So any folks here with big turbos running tune+ catch can ?

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I'm too highly interested going this route next year. Though only using 93 octane. Is stage 1 appropriate in this case?

Last edited:

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I'm pretty stoked on my VS2. My stocker ran out of steam pretty quick (I'm at about 5000' elevation) and this beast just pulls and pulls.

I think the exhaust tone is fantastic now, especially in the upper RPMs. But, I am also in the small minority that loves the unique exhaust tone that comes with the headifold.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I'm pretty stoked on my VS2. My stocker ran out of steam pretty quick (I'm at about 5000' elevation) and this beast just pulls and pulls.

I think the exhaust tone is fantastic now, especially in the upper RPMs. But, I am also in the small minority that loves the unique exhaust tone that comes with the headifold.
I'm with you, I think it sounds good, Been told so by many others as well, Most people who hate on the sound probably never heard one in real life, they do sound bad on videos.
Sponsored