Sponsored

v6 vs ecoboost

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Take what the guy above me is saying with a grain of salt. All he does is complain about his EB... A lot of us love our ecoboosts.

They aren't that bad honestly. You're only going to be in boost most of the time if you drive like a jackass around town and highway merging and I actually feel that after I'm in boost I get improved mpg versus driving below 2k to get to flow of traffic.
True...but for the heavier vehicles that use EB the MPG returns on them are not that great.
Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I don't think it's a weight problem. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with how EB's in general are configured for super low-end torque. Basically, city driving equals always in boost unless you drive like there is an egg between you and the pedal. I drive pretty normally and since I'm 90% city driving its a rare sight for me to ever be over 20 mpg. My 13 Fusion EB was just like this too and it was only like half the power; I seriously had trouble breaking 23 mpg with my 1.6 EB Fusion due to my commute.

Back on topic: OP, I suggest you try the calculator on fords website. The difference between leasing a base v6 vs a base EB will be negligible at best unless there is a deal.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't think it's a weight problem. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with how EB's in general are configured for super low-end torque. Basically, city driving equals always in boost unless you drive like there is an egg between you and the pedal. I drive pretty normally and since I'm 90% city driving its a rare sight for me to ever be over 20 mpg. My 13 Fusion EB was just like this too and it was only like half the power; I seriously had trouble breaking 23 mpg with my 1.6 EB Fusion due to my commute.

Back on topic: OP, I suggest you try the calculator on fords website. The difference between leasing a base v6 vs a base EB will be negligible at best unless there is a deal.
Dang my '13 ecoboost Fusion gets 23 mpg city(35 if hwy) driving all day. Anyway, OP, I'd go with the ecoboost just for the PP. Good luck!

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Take what the guy above me is saying with a grain of salt. All he does is complain about his EB... A lot of us love our ecoboosts.

They aren't that bad honestly. You're only going to be in boost most of the time if you drive like a jackass around town and highway merging and I actually feel that after I'm in boost I get improved mpg versus driving below 2k to get to flow of traffic.
It's like they say, if you let the Pony's out to play, you have to feed them.

I did notice that my 2017 Ecoboost window sticker shows 28 MPG hwy instead of the 31 that is listed on the 2016's. I'm pretty sure there was no actual change to the powertrain, just a recalculation of the numbers to better match the real world.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Dang my '13 ecoboost Fusion gets 23 mpg city(35 if hwy) driving all day. Anyway, OP, I'd go with the ecoboost just for the PP. Good luck!
1.5 or 2.0?

Looking to get my wife a 2.7 turbo V6 Fusion. Think it will be more fum that the 2.0 Escape.

Sponsored

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
1.5 or 2.0?

Looking to get my wife a 2.7 turbo V6 Fusion. Think it will be more fum that the 2.0 Escape.
2.0. fairly quick for a family sedan. I'm sure the v6 would be great.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I like the sound and feel of the v6 over the ecoboost. It feels more aggressive even though the EB is faster.

With that said you really can’t go wrong with either but you should ask yourself if you really want a v6 or EB. I got the v6 and now I wish I had the GT, a lot of EB owners are also trading up for GT’s as well.
If you get the v6/eb people will make fun of you, it comes with the territory and if you are offended easily, this will break you.
I get made fun of a lot for my v6 but it’s too expensive to try to trade up for a GT and I don’t have a lot of money to spend for the down payment, plus I am in negative equity.

If you are dead set on getting the v6 or eb, just be prepared to have people insult you no matter how good your car is. People will like the car also.
In my opinion look for a good deal on a GT, maybe even a lightly used one.

Weakoboost

Peasant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
'16 TY Ecoboost Premium w/ PP
1.5 or 2.0?

If you have money to burn, get her the 3.0 AWD MKZ with driver's package. 400+ hp / 400+ ft-lbs tq instead of 325/380, plus the same AWD system that's in the Focus RS instead of the AWD system in the Fusion that's geared more towards bad weather than sporty grip.

It should be real fun, the "luxury" part is just added bonus.

OP
OP

Mopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I like the sound and feel of the v6 over the ecoboost. It feels more aggressive even though the EB is faster.

With that said you really can’t go wrong with either but you should ask yourself if you really want a v6 or EB. I got the v6 and now I wish I had the GT, a lot of EB owners are also trading up for GT’s as well.
If you get the v6/eb people will make fun of you, it comes with the territory and if you are offended easily, this will break you.
I get made fun of a lot for my v6 but it’s too expensive to try to trade up for a GT and I don’t have a lot of money to spend for the down payment, plus I am in negative equity.

If you are dead set on getting the v6 or eb, just be prepared to have people insult you no matter how good your car is. People will like the car also.
In my opinion look for a good deal on a GT, maybe even a lightly used one.

GT is nice but I am more worried about its gas price instead of its msrp.

OP
OP

Mopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Now I feel like going over GT maybe as alot of you guys mentioned about it but I am really worried about its gas price. How much do I need to be expecting weekly? How much of gas do GT owners usually fill up every week? I know that varies but approximately maybe. Thank you all!

Sponsored

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
GT is nice but I am more worried about its gas price instead of its msrp.
if you are worried about gas mileage a GT is no no for you

:cheers: e85 ftw!

I was getting 21.8 MPG in my v6...I'm getting 18.6 in the GT.
I don't know why you're getting 7 MPG, you must be running it HARD! :lol::headbang::headbang:

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
100% local driving and ethanol

I'm driving local, but I'm using premium that may be the difference. But whatever, what's gas when it's a 5.0!! :cheers::headbang:
image.jpg

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Vert
If your financial situation and driving situation allows it, go for a GT. If you can't get a GT, and you don't care whether you have an ecoboost or a V6, get the ecoboost. If you just like V6s for whatever reason, then get the V6. I wanted a GT, couldn't afford, so I got the V6 because I just like V6s and always have. I will say the worst thing about the V6 is that it has the least amount of aftermarket support, the second worst is that you get even less respect than the ecoboost because at least the ecoboost is easy and relatively cheap to match numbers with a stock GT(and surpass it, with more risk).
Sponsored