1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Thanks to the OP, I was looking around in BaT. Quite a few stellar deals.

Someone got a $100k+ Viper Competition coupe for $65k, thats a lot of race car for that money. Viper CC's lowest sale price is in the $80s.

And then someone got an sr20 swap Datsun 510 for under 10k. That is easily a 15-maybe 20k (if really clean) car.

Stellar deals, I wish I had the $$$ and garage space... DOH!! :frusty:
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Those cars were on dealer lots. The new ones will NEVER hit a dealership floor until it has been configured, signed for, money exchanged, and built. The dealership is nothing more than a landing pad and service garage, that SPECIFIC dealership (since your dealership of your choosing gets a custom makeover specifically to service your GT). They are completely controlled by Ford Motor Company.
Agreed and am fully aware of the process from the time these cars are built in Markham, Ontario by Multimatic with Bill Ford getting #1 car and Mark Fields #2 car and until all cars are delivered to a Ford dealership specified by the purchaser.

Also, as many of you may know Ford is taking John Cena to court for flipping and making a large profit on his 2017 Ford GT prior to the 2 year agreed term and in fact only owned his car less than a month before the flip.

:cheers:

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Is it me or does there seem to be somewhat of a panic for some to move their "R"? The more prices start leveling off (lowering) the more people want to jump and sell making it worse?

I've seen this in a lot of hobbies with things, but the bottom line is if you are truly passionate about the car, it doesn't matter that it's losing value (or at the very least, leveling off). All of these R's now selling for MSRP and below is only a problem for those that were looking at their car as investments, and I sure hope that wasn't many of us here? Cars are horrible investments 99% of the time with few exclusions (Ford GT).

This car should be driven and enjoyed, taken to the track, or whatever you like (including cars and coffee and shows).

Probably the most entertaining of this is the dealers still sitting on R's with $20K+ ADM's, if they would have sold the car already for a more reasonable price they most likely would have been able to sell at a higher price.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Is it me or does there seem to be somewhat of a panic for some to move their "R"? The more prices start leveling off (lowering) the more people want to jump and sell making it worse?

I've seen this in a lot of hobbies with things, but the bottom line is if you are truly passionate about the car, it doesn't matter that it's losing value (or at the very least, leveling off). All of these R's now selling for MSRP and below is only a problem for those that were looking at their car as investments, and I sure hope that wasn't many of us here? Cars are horrible investments 99% of the time with few exclusions (Ford GT).

This car should be driven and enjoyed, taken to the track, or whatever you like (including cars and coffee and shows).

Probably the most entertaining of this is the dealers still sitting on R's with $20K+ ADM's, if they would have sold the car already for a more reasonable price they most likely would have been able to sell at a higher price.
Although used priced have come down to MSRP, I havnt seen new ones at that price point on any kind of regular basis. [MENTION=31434]Comfort[/MENTION] bought both of his recently for 7k over. I've been hearing 5kish lately with a few below that.

I'm in the process of deciding whether one of my R's will go. It all is dependent on the 500 and what it is. There is no way to rationalize two R's and a 500. If the 500 is a dud, I keep both R's. I in no way feel any panic to get out of a great car. Although the second R was a method to preserve value, it is not a garage ornament.

We will see what the 500 brings

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Maybe I am missing something here but if a lot of R's have been selling for MSRP and below I would like to know where they are as I have a few car buddies looking for some very good deals.

:shrug:

Sponsored

tlisotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80 M3; 997.1
Maybe I am missing something here but if a lot of R's have been selling for MSRP and below I would like to know where they are as I have a few car buddies looking for some very good deals.

I have a lead on one selling for $67K with less than 1,000 miles. PM me if interested. 2017 Model

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT

Used ones. I've seeing them on the facebook GT350 group, Ebay, and other groups I frequently visit. I can forward the ones I see if you have a specific need, but if you are actively looking I do believe you'll have no problem finding them. There are plenty of R's up for sale right now if you look.

I'll let mine go for $7K over if anyone wants it (actually, no I won't, don't care what it's worth right now).

Sponsored

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
Not sure that mattered because quite a few were selling below msrp, I remember seeing them on sale for $115k NEW. The dealers couldnt get them off the lot, this was during 07/08. Initially marked up sky high (in 05/06), then a couple years after the price was going lower and lower, $150 > $140 > $130 > $120/115k.
I've been a GT owner since ordering and receiving my car in 2006 and I have closely watched prices throughout the last decade. The GT prices were very briefly at MSRP and a few of them sold at a discount below MSRP but the prices NEVER had a downward trend as you indicated. It's possible that a couple of buyers may have purchased a low mileage car in the 150's for a very brief window in history - but I assure you there was never a time when a non-storied car was selling below that.

gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Price

I've been a GT owner since ordering and receiving my car in 2006 and I have closely watched prices throughout the last decade. The GT prices were very briefly at MSRP and a few of them sold at a discount below MSRP but the prices NEVER had a downward trend as you indicated. It's possible that a couple of buyers may have purchased a low mileage car in the 150's for a very brief window in history - but I assure you there was never a time when a non-storied car was selling below that.
I’ve had mine since Oct 2005.I agree with you on prices.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Seems like a good price for a popular color R with only 1600 miles on it. As a matter of fact, the cheapest selling electronics pack R I've seen so far.