tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
2.2 seconds is like 100hp not 50!
Eh idk if that much. I was running 9.2 with the old motor. Was it making 150hp more than a stock coyote? Idk about that lmao but yes still a big hp loss
Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
put it on a eddy-current dyno already and instrument the hell out of it during various throttle profile runs. You have ZERO actionable data.
Dyno costs lots of money and I would have to pay the tuner too. Idk how this is zero actionable data. The car is way slower. Back to back runs same day same time and I gave all benefit to the Juggernaut tune

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Dyno costs lots of money and I would have to pay the tuner too. Idk how this is zero actionable data. The car is way slower. Back to back runs same day same time and I gave all benefit to the Juggernaut tune
it's hardly like you've been shy about spending money before this. So, bite the bullet and get CONTROLLED scenario data.

Do you have fuel flow problems?
Do you have erratic cam timing?
Are the VCTs fluttering?
Is Cat Protection/EGT taking big bites out of advance?
Is your trans clutch pack slipping?

Don't misconstrue my comment as defending Juggernaut, but rather, you give him nothing to work with. And we already know Lund has a history of taking liberties with the truth and customer engine survivability.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The only things the tune can do to the engine is cam timing, throttle blade control, spark timing, a/f ratio, IMRC, and transmission stuff. If all of those things are good, then the tuner can do nothing else to improve power and it has to be a physical or mechanical issue like high exhaust pressure.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
The only things the tune can do to the engine is cam timing, throttle blade control, spark timing, a/f ratio, IMRC, and transmission stuff. If all of those things are good, then the tuner can do nothing else to improve power and it has to be a physical or mechanical issue like high exhaust pressure.
Only difference I see is the cam timing is way different. Lund is like 30 exhaust, -10 retard on intake moving to 0 retard intake at rpm limiter. Juggernaut is like 17 exhaust and 7 advance intake throughout the pull.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
it's hardly like you've been shy about spending money before this. So, bite the bullet and get CONTROLLED scenario data.

Are the VCTs fluttering?

Don't misconstrue my comment as defending Juggernaut, but rather, you give him nothing to work with. And we already know Lund has a history of taking liberties with the truth and customer engine survivability.
Just because I am upfront that I’ve spent a lot of money doesn’t mean I have a lot of money to spend haha. If I had enough money to spend at once this car would be on a bolt on boost kit and I would just be saving to build the motor and trans more.

- Shouldn’t, car has upgraded injectors and pump and is running on 91 rn. Car runs on e85 just fine.
- It’s one thing I’ve been looking at as a possibility from new motor vs old but looking at the logs the vct is holding commanded and just jumping a few degrees +/- during the pull.
Are the VCTs fluttering?
- same as above ig
- No cats so hopefully that should all be disabled. Timing is showing 28+ and knock sensors are happy. Juggernaut said the fuel is really good although I suspect the car is just taking more timing because it’s not making that much power
- Not sure how to tell but nothing noticeable to me.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Honestly though, 60-130 Draggy times are hardly a scientific way to measure differences. You are chasing your tail swapping tuners and running on the highway with a draggy. First thing you need to do is just get a compression test done, If you have solid compression on all 8 cylinders that is the basis for all other performance. Id get that out of the way before messing with anything else, Then get it on a dyno and just see what its making.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Honestly though, 60-130 Draggy times are hardly a scientific way to measure differences. You are chasing your tail swapping tuners and running on the highway with a draggy. First thing you need to do is just get a compression test done, If you have solid compression on all 8 cylinders that is the basis for all other performance. Id get that out of the way before messing with anything else, Then get it on a dyno and just see what its making.
60-130 is pretty consistent for me. On the Juggernaut tune car went 12.69 then 12.71. Lund tune is close to where I’ve seen in the past.

Compression test will be useful for showing why the car isn’t making as much on the new motor but no point when I’m just swapping tunes right now

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Most tuners have a standard NA cam schedule and PD supercharged. They probably found these numbers on a dyno years ago or stole them from someone else. When you introduce aftermarket cams they may or may not have any experience at all and the optimum numbers could be drastically different than what they use for stock cams. L&M supplies a starting point for their cams and it’s grossly different vs stock. I tend to think some of your problem may be there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
When you introduce aftermarket cams they may or may not have any experience at all and the optimum numbers could be drastically different than what they use for stock cams. L&M supplies a starting point for their cams and it’s grossly different vs stock. I tend to think some of your problem may be there.
which is WHY you need to go visit a dyno.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Most tuners have a standard NA cam schedule and PD supercharged. They probably found these numbers on a dyno years ago or stole them from someone else. When you introduce aftermarket cams they may or may not have any experience at all and the optimum numbers could be drastically different than what they use for stock cams. L&M supplies a starting point for their cams and it’s grossly different vs stock. I tend to think some of your problem may be there.
That’s what I think too. I think Lund has a lot more experience with aftermarket cams and their vct is a lot better.

I asked them about it but they’ve been super slow to respond today. they said the car isn’t on a low power tune or anything it’s just “still getting dialed in”. They didn’t say anything about the vct

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I’m a bit confused here. The lund tune is currently running 10.5 60-130. Prior to your rebuild, on the same tune, it ran high 9s. That’s not a massive difference.

Other than you don’t like the cam timing variance in the Lund tune and that they sent you essentially the same tune twice (while saying it was tweaked, I think), the car seems to run pretty well on their tune. I think you’re chasing a problem that doesn’t exist.

The difference in performance between Lund and Juggernaut is simple to explain. While it’s easy to dislike Lund, if the car runs good and datalogs look good, just drive the car.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I’m a bit confused here. The lund tune is currently running 10.5 60-130. Prior to your rebuild, on the same tune, it ran high 9s. That’s not a massive difference.

Other than you don’t like the cam timing variance in the Lund tune and that they sent you essentially the same tune twice (while saying it was tweaked, I think), the car seems to run pretty well on their tune. I think you’re chasing a problem that doesn’t exist.

The difference in performance between Lund and Juggernaut is simple to explain. While it’s easy to dislike Lund, if the car runs good and datalogs look good, just drive the car.
You got it wrong but it is confusing.

Car ran low 9s on old motor. Like 9.2-9.3. Now running low 10s

Lund said maybe it was some ecu issue so they re made the tune and it started running mid 11s instead of low 10s. They claimed it was the exact same tune but looking at the logs I could clearly see the cam timing was different.

I’m not saying there is an issue with the Lund tune I’m saying I don’t like their customer service and how they don’t know what’s going on with my car or their tune.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
You got it wrong but it is confusing.

Car ran low 9s on old motor. Like 9.2-9.3. Now running low 10s

Lund said maybe it was some ecu issue so they re made the tune and it started running mid 11s instead of low 10s. They claimed it was the exact same tune but looking at the logs I could clearly see the cam timing was different.

I’m not saying there is an issue with the Lund tune I’m saying I don’t like their customer service and how they don’t know what’s going on with my car or their tune.
Ahh my apologies! I hope you get it sorted out, I can imagine it’s frustrating.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Ahh my apologies! I hope you get it sorted out, I can imagine it’s frustrating.
Thank you, not your fault it’s hard to piece together everything from all these posts.

And ya super frustrating. I hate problems especially ones that I can’t solve and have to rely on others for. Might try tuning it myself.
Sponsored