Tuned EB vs Scat Pack Challenger

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Wtf let ford know that there best engine of all time can't stand up to the little 4 banger. Like the car for what it is but it's taking a gt . If you think that you have some strong crap in ur vape thingy
Their best engine of all time is in the GT350's... jus sayin ;)

Lots of uneducated answers in here. People can't understand that a turbo 4 with tune and down pipe can easily put out over 400tq and get most of that torque by 2000-2500. So yes, at those rpms the EB would feel stronger than a stock 5.0. Or do people just like to ignore dyno curves and proven power charts :crazy:

OP, scat pack has a lot more torque than your EB or the 5.0 but is a lot heavier as well. But it still will have more torque, better throttle response, and sound a billion times better throughout the entire rpm range. Those 6.4's make big power all over.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Their best engine of all time is in the GT350's... jus sayin ;)

Lots of uneducated answers in here. People can't understand that a turbo 4 with tune and down pipe can easily put out over 400tq and get most of that torque by 2000-2500. So yes, at those rpms the EB would feel stronger than a stock 5.0. Or do people just like to ignore dyno curves and proven power charts :crazy:

OP, scat pack has a lot more torque than your EB or the 5.0 but is a lot heavier as well. But it still will have more torque, better throttle response, and sound a billion times better throughout the entire rpm range. Those 6.4's make big power all over.
Shouldnt you go back to calling people names over on the Camaro forum?:D

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Or.....it dudes like you and the OP. Acting like you got a shot at cars like the Scat Pack. In your mid 13 second cars? I'm just trying to keep you guys from farther embarrassing yourselves and other EB owners. You don't just flash a Ford racing tune and suddenly handle cars with damn near 500hp.
*sigh*
image.jpeg

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not necessarily the opinion being a problem as much as continuing to say those opinions somehow equate to facts. Now if you say "it's my opinion that one car feels faster to me" that's all well and good but when you say that you ARE faster than another car, even in the face of overwhelming information to the contrary, and you keep defending that false statement then yes, people will react as they have here. Other EB owners tagging along in defense just because their cars have the same engine is non sense and does nothing to add credibility to the original false statements.
I can understand that to a degree but seriously whose all been saying the ecoboost are in fact 100% faster then X? I ask in earnest as I haven't been paying attention since I been thinking this whole threads a joke.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I can understand that to a degree but seriously whose all been saying the ecoboost are in fact 100% faster then X? I ask in earnest as I haven't been paying attention since I been thinking this whole threads a joke.
Ain't no back peddling now. You didn't ask sh!t. You posted a YouTube video of the worlds slowest Scat Pack in your first post. Time for another meme I guess?

Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ain't no back peddling now. You didn't ask sh!t. You posted a YouTube video of the worlds slowest Scat Pack in your first post. Time for another meme I guess?
Oohh I see that totally equates to the Ecoboost being the fastest out there. I see how you so totally got your panties in a bunch.:doh:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Sorry jwow you implied with your videos what you thought. Did it just dawn on you. That a canned tune only EB isn't taking down a car with 485hp/475 torque? Except maybe in the all important 1500 to 2500 rpm EB racing league?

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dear Paulie,

It just dawned on me how delusional you are . Please keep taking your medicine.
With love your bestie JWow.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Brakes not breaks please. Also calling someone a fanboy when you are a fanboy yourself is hypocritical.
Sorry grammar nazi. Im not a fanboy. I love v8s. Just because I am defending another platform does not mean I am a fanboy. The GT has its perks as does the ecoboost. He basically said "I have a v8 so I am better than all other platforms". That is what a fanboy/troll would say.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Yes the GT PP also has a lot of potential. But you were unimpressed. Remember? Like I said I'm done. Your not impressed in a car that will likely hand you your ass in any competition of speed. Then you wondered how you'd do against a Scat Pack? Like you felt you were worthy competition against one. While a Scat Pack may not out handle a Mustang. It will beat anything short of a GT350 in a straight line. Including a basic bolt on EB.

Maybe the one I drove had 87 octane it it or something. I stepped on it and I was waiting for some excitement but got close to nothing. I really hope it had 87 in it I was not expecting my car to be more exciting. I was expecting me to be in my seat all the way to redline in all honesty. And I never said I could beat a scatpack. I simply asked how much faster it would be and not the power curve compares to an ecoboost.

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Except maybe in the all important 1500 to 2500 rpm EB racing league?
I believe its been established that the ecoboost sweet spot is idle to 1250 rpm. They are untouchable in that "part throttle" range.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
I know right . Surprised this thread isn't locked yet . I love mustangs

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I know right . Surprised this thread isn't locked yet . I love mustangs
Half of your posts here are in these ridiculous threads about EB part throttle jokes...
Don't you have anything better to do with your time?:thumbsup:

Some people have fun with it (like me) and some get all butt hurt about it. Man, I don't care what someone drives. I really don't, but threads like these make the forum interesting and really bring out the personalities. I think it is good that it hasn't been locked yet. I would imagine that it has been policed a few times by now and will likely have to be for some time, but this thread is drawing traffic to the forum. Which is why it will not get locked unless something drastic happens. I take it light hearted and try to have fun with it. We are all just passengers on this big spinning rock that we will eventually leave some day.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Half of your posts here are in these ridiculous threads about EB part throttle jokes...
Don't you have anything better to do with your time?:thumbsup:

Some people have fun with it (like me) and some get all butt hurt about it. Man, I don't care what someone drives. I really don't, but threads like these make the forum interesting and really bring out the personalities. I think it is good that it hasn't been locked yet. I would imagine that it has been policed a few times by now and will likely have to be for some time, but this thread is drawing traffic to the forum. Which is why it will not get locked unless something drastic happens. I take it light hearted and try to have fun with it. We are all just passengers on this big spinning rock that we will eventually leave some day.
While it can be fun in small doses, it can get out of hand pretty easily. I know in the 2018 thread Twin Turbo posted from Jarstang
From Jartstang, site owner:

"Since the 2018 was first leaked, we (the Admin Team) have allowed everyone to freely express their opinions about the refresh (even harshly negative ones that have bordered on trolling). However, as we get closer to launch date and many members have begun to plan and discuss their 2018 orders, Mustang6G moderators and staff will be removing (and warning users) for repeated bashing/trolling regarding the 2018 refresh. We expect everyone to follow Forum Rule #3 (against inter model bashing) and to extend the same courtesy and respect that was given to 2015-17 Mustang owners so that we can all enjoy the forums"

Once the Order Books open and orders are placed, we'll be policing the above :)
It is against the forum rules. And it wouldn't surprise me if all of it gets policed a bit more heavily especially with the V6 going away.
Sponsored