wanted33

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Its the expose wire cluster / loom next to the right trunk hinge, you can't miss it. Just look for any signs of fraying, separation, or damage for starters. Its like a 95% chance that this is your problem tho.

I guess its possible that a wire inside could be pulled, I don't know for sure if damage will be visible from the outside. If your car is out of warranty, I'd probably still take it to a decent Ford service department and pay them fix it for you. They'll certainly know what to do.

Thanks brother, I'll check it out. I need to pay attention now that we're home. As mentioned the doors may have been locked the time it messed up. It's hell getting old. :)
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
As stated the trunk release button under the rear bumper is "working/not working" occasionally. All other options to open the trunk are operating properly. Does anyone have any suggestions, or experienced this little problem. I know full well if I take it to the dealer it will work. So if there's something I could easily do, that would be much more gooder than sparring with the Service Writer :) Thank you in advance for any help.
Did you ever figure this out?

The button on the rear bumper is no longer working for me. It's not intermittent, it just quit. Everything else works.

InPursuit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Reopening this thread with @TexasRebel as my trunk button stopped working. The key fob opens the trunk (and I need to test the push button inside).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As stated the trunk release button under the rear bumper is "working/not working" occasionally. All other options to open the trunk are operating properly. Does anyone have any suggestions, or experienced this little problem. I know full well if I take it to the dealer it will work. So if there's something I could easily do, that would be much more gooder than sparring with the Service Writer :) Thank you in advance for any help.

The rear trunk popper is tied into the same harness as the rear cam harness (and with a convertible the antenna).

Point being, that specific harness is problematic because of the constant bending from opening/closing of the trunk lid. If the harness didn’t have enough slack from the factory, it’s prone to damage.

You can’t tell visually from looking at that harness, the break occurs within the conduit - so it means you have to peel back the outer layer to find the wire breaks.

Pop the trunk lid and look for the harness attached to it. There are a few wires within that bundle. Peel the conduit off and look for any damaged wires or even broken wires. Examine the length of that harness, not just the part closest to the back (taillight panel) of the car, trace back further when looking for damages.

This thread shows how to do the DIY harness repair if you find breaks:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...op-working-heres-the-fix.117245/#post-2462302
Sponsored