Sponsored

Trans Tuning

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Does anyone with sct understand why the actual convertor slip pid is all over the place even after the converter locks up.My desired slip goes to 0 as soon as 2nd gear is commanded and u would think convertor slip actual would the same or real close to 0.Ive seen this same thing on other cars with convertors so it's nothing wrong with mine.I just get why their is so much difference inbetween these 2 pids after the convertor locks up???
Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
You should join over at the HP forums and ask. I'm sure you'll get an answer there. Different software but they likely read the PIDs the same.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if slip desired is 0 and it's slipping alot, that means the converter is slipping...

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
if slip desired is 0 and it's slipping alot, that means the converter is slipping...
Yea well then their a whole lot of cars with convertors slipping,I have looked at multiple logs and desired slip and actual slip don't make sense,at least not on sct,couple of tuners said sct don't log actual.slip very accurate.But then again what is considered slipping alo t lol.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Jon Jr. said that SCT doesn't log converter slip correctly. Every SCT log I have seen the converter slip is all over the place and the one log I have from an Ngauge and SCT it looks correct. I submitted a ticket to SCT to see if they have a fix.
Sponsored