Sponsored

Traded in my GT for a C7, I'm missing the GT..

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm pretty sure you're in the minority.
I agree. Loved my 06 C6 and the 2013 i have now. The C7's scared me with with all the A8 problems and TC problems. So i saved 30k and bought a used 2013 C6.
Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
The only other car I remember of my childhood other than my dad's mopars was a 70's era Stingray in silver with gray interior. A silver Stingray now is like kryptonite to me.

If money and whatever little practicality the mustang provides was not a factor, I'd be jocking a C7 Grand sport. I can't do a basic C7 even though it is already a beast on track compared to the Mustang. I need the look to go with the Vroom. I'll need a new car in 4 years. I may have to find a slightly used Grand sport then.

OP....give it a few months. You'll come around and appreciate what you have. I was in shock too when I bought my stang. I'm 3 months into ownership and I finally feel like I belong in it long term. I don't see myself going to a larger vehicle anymore, unless I rent one.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Oh man, I woulda taken that red interior off your hands!

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Hey Aaron, don’t fret about your decision. Your car is gorgeous!!! I am pretty sure I wouldn’t trade my Mustang for one. BUT come 2021 when the next generation Mustang appears, I will decide then if I buy another mustang or buy a vette

But if I buy a vette, it will be white like yours. White with black trim is so classy. And a targa roof is the look I want:headbang:

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Vettes are alright but never been my thing, either. I really dislike that batmobile styling they did to the taillights in the latest models, too. More fitting for a Camaro than the Vette, IMO. The round lenses were classic.

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You can buy left over 2017 C7's new for cheaper than a GT as prices have dropped big time. 43k is not bad.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Two seaters are no good if you have a dog, unless on your lonesome you only have a dog, then they are great fun. Especially with the top down.
I don't even have a dog.

Ed2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Lots of corvette bashing here... but I guess that's to be expected on a mustang forum.

I love both cars and almost bought the C7. It's definitely a better car. Although they tend to have overheating issues when pushed hard.

What sold me on the mustang was the fact that I drove both and couldn't justify the extra $10-15k for the C7. It wasn't that much more exciting to drive. The mustang is also cheaper to own (cheaper parts) and people don't get as jealous over the mustang compared to the corvette.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I really like the C7, and came pretty close to getting one, but while I was waiting for all the options to become available (specifically the competition seats and the data recorder), the rumors of the GT350 started circling and I decided to get one of those instead.

Many things about the C7 were excellent, but I didn't love the engine and there are a few details about the styling that bothered me. I actually liked the tail lights, but the Alice Cooper dripping mascara vents around them bother me. Also the angle of the side vents behind the front wheel is too slanted. And the hood vent doesn't integrate well. The interior layout never worked for me, but is high quality and I found it very nice to be in.

Still, the car overall looks very good, it handles great, gets good gas mileage if you drive with a little care, and performs very well.

I am looking forward to the next generation to see if GM has changed some of the things that bothered me about the C7. Overall though, it is a great car and big congratulations to the OP. I think you will love the Vette, but will probably always miss the Mustang. It, too, is an excellent vehicle.

-T

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
It's definitely a better car.
Not sure you can state this without qualifying it.

It is a non starter for many due to its limitations.

Sponsored

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
The mustang is nice and all, but the C7 stingray is beautiful in my opinion. Jelly.
Would love your C7 but the price of the mustang was the better fit at the moment.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
If I could afford it, I'd get a Grand Sport Z07 Pack car all day. But $82K...:doh:
My dad just bought a new Vette, MSRP of $62k for $48k OTD.

Employee pricing for all, plus like $7k in incentives.

I highly recommend taking a look around.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Congrats to the OP, I'm sure it's a ton of fun to drive.

Lots of bagging on the C7 here, but I dunno... A C7 2LT w/6MT, Z51 Performance Package and MRC would be just about perfect for me. I'm a Mustang guy and I do love my GT350, but the only reason I'm not driving a C7 right now is that my wife says Corvettes are for really old guys and I'm not that old so I can't have one. lol

It’s true. I’m 58 and may get one soon if Ford doesn’t shake a better carrot in front of me. It’s all optics. Old guys look ridiculous driving down the road in a Mustang with the loud exhaust and bright 5.0 badges - let alone that new spoiler (did that when I was 28). With the V6 an old guy can drive without to many fish eyes thrown his way. But when I got an SCT tuner just to remove the speed governor guys I worked with asked “Aren’t you a little old for that?” You get the idea.

A GT500 or a C7 for the weekend raises no eyeballs when your old. It’s being lumped in with the kids getting their first fast cars that must be it. The Corvette is out of their range so it’s a well healed old man’s car. That’s just the way it is...

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
We took the mustang down to a Chevy dealer. Thought about trading it for a Vette. After a test drive. We decided to keep the stang. Our problem wasn’t with the styling or the performance. It was just fitting in the damn thing. At 6.4 and 270. I wasn’t comfortable sitting in the Vette. It was a gymnastic event getting in and out. Me and my wife are in our 50s. I don’t know how so many old guys are drawn to these cars.
something something midlife crisis
Sponsored