Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
I've been trying to gather some info regarding the standard traction lok and torsen differentials, especially for HPDE use (currently still a novice). Right now I'm running a 2015 mustang GT and currently have the traction lok diff with 3.31 gears. I'm interested in changing to 3.55 gears but I'm also debating swapping the entire diff out for a torsen instead. I THINK it'd be worth it, but curious on others opinions, especially those who may have done such a swap.

I know the traction lok can wear out the clutch packs inside - what's the typical longevity of these under HPDE use? Does that wear item alone make it worth it to swap to the torsen?

Also, from my understanding the auto PP cars from 18+ have 3.55 gears with the torsen diff - so that sounds like what I'd be after. Does this sound right? Any compatibility issues?
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
This may not be apples to apples but I autocrossed a car (with far less hp than a Mustang) and went through a set of posi clutch plates every season. If you are planning on track events my vote is for the Torsen.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase