Track Decals on car - To do or not to do, that is the question

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
Maybe a bit silly but wonder what some may think? I ordered all the track map decals as it's a 'thing' to stick these on the car to show off what tracks you have been on. Why I don't know. I have visited 6 tracks so far. (Yes I know, if I get to visit 10, then it may be ridiculous). I have I am still undecided whether to do this or not. But my question is this: I did the Ford Performance School at Charlotte but in their Mach 1's. Not mine. So do I NOT stick the Charlotte decal on, as my Mach 1 has physically Not been to Charlotte? So only the decals to where the car has been? That's my thought. I bet there will be responses about whether to not stick on any decals at all. Note, I mainly track my car. Not daily drive. But also use it for my long pleasure cruises.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I think what counts is that you have been to the tracks, and drove some car. The driver and the skills count. mtc

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
This would be up to you. Personally I don't like to draw attention to the fact I race my car.
As to the Charlotte sticker, you were there and drove a car, so I think it is fine to paste it on.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I put them on the back of my helmet.

It’s a personal choice, and if you like them do it and F’ whatever people think. When others make the payment on your car, they can call the shots, until then it doesn’t matter what others think.

And I agree with the other posts, if you drove the track, it counts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IanKar

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
I put them on the back of my helmet.

It’s a personal choice, and if you like them do it and F’ whatever people think. When others make the payment on your car, they can call the shots, until then it doesn’t matter what others think.

And I agree with the other posts, if you drove the track, it counts.
We think alike. I also purchased the smaller 2" ones and stuck them on my helmet.

IMG_6663.jpg

IMG_6664.jpg

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Funny, I did this on our delivery trip home from Granger Motors in Iowa to CA. We hit 10 states total, I have since removed them. It was fun for the trip and a conversation starter, not that I really needed another one of those, driving a brand new Eruption Green Mach1 cross country.
IMG_4023.JPG

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If I was your track friend, I would make fun of you for adding the Charlotte sticker. But only because that is what friends are supposed to do. You know, be hyper critical on super insignificant things. :wink:

Do what you want, I wouldn't worry about it. I like seeing cars with track stickers on them personally.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I've never visited a track, but now I may put the decals on.

65CrownV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/PP1
Buy a piece of Plexi (color of your choice) and pot the decals on that. Display inside your window if desired, BUT, if you're ever in an accident, make it disappear quickly, before any photos are taken. You already have the Mustang going against you when determining fault.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IanKar

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Buy a piece of Plexi (color of your choice) and pot the decals on that. Display inside your window if desired, BUT, if you're ever in an accident, make it disappear quickly, before any photos are taken. You already have the Mustang going against you when determining fault.
Problem is I have the Watson roll bar in with harnesses attached. I think that would be the giveaway. So I'm already screwed.

OP
OP
IanKar

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)

Roady68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
23 Mach 1 Eruption Green, 6 spd, '69 Road Runner
I was on the fence to add the Track Attach track sticker to mine. In the end, I did. I will probably see two or three other tracks so not worried about the number of stickers. I can't wait to add Watkins Glen. Then probably Mosport in Ontario Canada. Next year most likely.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
i hope thats a joke
Sponsored