Sponsored

Top Gear GT350R vs M2

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
love how this story isn't front page on bimmer post. They love to post up comparo's when they win them :clap2:

arrogance aside, the M2 is still a great car I know most of us are partial to mustangs but I think it was a step in the right direction for BMW
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
For most cars this would be considered a great review, for the GT350 I found it under-whelming. Car is a lot more intense than they described. Then again they got maybe an hour with the car, i've been testing it for almost 4 months on and off the track.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Wish they wouldnt advertise some of the roads that they drive...

Dont need any more traffic on the 33 than there already is. Especially on weekends.

Hint, go on a weekday. Just watch out for moronic bicyclists, road debris, and idiots around every blind corner.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For most cars this would be considered a great review, for the GT350 I found it under-whelming. Car is a lot more intense than they described. Then again they got maybe an hour with the car, i've been testing it for almost 4 months on and off the track.
I wouldn't agree with that characterization of their review. They said the GT350R was so intense that in the afternoon they wanted to drive the M2 as a break.

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
BMW has indeed nearly forgotten the driving enthusiast while chasing the profits but the M2 is a step back to what made BMW special. Don't like the too cool for the rest of us BMW crowd but like the M2 a lot. Could be my next car in a couple of years to go along with my mustang.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
BMW has indeed nearly forgotten the driving enthusiast while chasing the profits but the M2 is a step back to what made BMW special. Don't like the too cool for the rest of us BMW crowd but like the M2 a lot. Could be my next car in a couple of years to go along with my mustang.
Yah the reviews on the M2 are very nice...have a friend who has owned many BMW's and he's recommending the M2

ghostrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mclaren
Wish they wouldnt advertise some of the roads that they drive...

Dont need any more traffic on the 33 than there already is. Especially on weekends.

Hint, go on a weekday. Just watch out for moronic bicyclists, road debris, and idiots around every blind corner.

I am avid cyclists as well. And i can tell you there are some roads that bicycles should NOT be on. Its safer for every one< but I am in the minority, so i drive on roads that cyclists are not on and cycle on streets that are not canyon roads. But again I am in the minority.

OP
OP
rahtid

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I drove the M2 this past weekend. Active Autowerke has one and its a pretty sweet car. However, I think what they did was a bad comparison. They should have done a M2 vs GT350 instead of the R. But oh well, the more reviews on the R the better for me :)

macinehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
avalanche gray gt 350
So if you buy one will that make YOU too cool for the rest of us? That's like saying I don't like the mullet wearing, redneck mustang crowd. Believe it or not there are guys that drive BMWs (and mustangs) because they're great cars. And yes, I drive a BMW and have owned mustangs. And have one on order.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
I am avid cyclists as well. And i can tell you there are some roads that bicycles should NOT be on. Its safer for every one< but I am in the minority, so i drive on roads that cyclists are not on and cycle on streets that are not canyon roads. But again I am in the minority.
I would buy you a beer.

I subscribe to the British Top Gear view of bicycles...

But this is after growing up as a kid and riding HARD everywhere and being stupid about it. I have been 52mph down hill on a mountain bike with traffic... no helmet... in shorts...

Completely brainless. I had some bad wrecks as a kid and even got hit by 2 cars and a golf cart as a kid. In every instance it was because my dumb ass was in a spot where a car wanted to be AND HAD A RIGHT to be there. I basically learned to not tempt fate/darwinism and that right of way means getting out of the way of faster moving things.

First it was for self preservation but now I look back on it as not needing to be a punk and impose myself on others. See Prius drivers going slower than flow of traffic in the fast lane.

The roads I drive could just as likely have a cow around the next corner as much as a lame biker pedaling up a hill at what might as well be a stand still. So driving responsibly on approach to a blind corner is wise.

But there are those idiot bikers who think they own the damn road and take a victim mentality when a vehicle goes around them rather than patiently wait behind them as if the car is expected to admire the view of the biker's ass. See Seattle and the bike lock throwing idiots who tempt fate.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The e92 m3 is also great imo
I'm not quite sure why its so loved. Its 2011 5.0 GT mustang fast on a road course despite on paper looking like it should destroy the mustang. Worse the "competition" package was universally hated by everyone not paid to talk it up. Barely faster at the track, much worse everywhere else. Also its looks didn't age well when it was 5min old, much less 5 years. Just boring. F30 and its decendants are massively better looking.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I'm not quite sure why its so loved. Its 2011 5.0 GT mustang fast on a road course despite on paper looking like it should destroy the mustang. Worse the "competition" package was universally hated by everyone not paid to talk it up. Barely faster at the track, much worse everywhere else. Also its looks didn't age well when it was 5min old, much less 5 years. Just boring. F30 and its decendants are massively better looking.
8400 RPM V8 is a good reason.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
:crazy:

E9X M3 (especially in sedan form) has a beauty that the later generations could only hope to capture.

Engine might not have the torque, but it has revs and gearing that make it pretty exhilarating (at least from the outside). Also, the power seems to be very well balanced with the capabilities of the chassis. I think it is one of my favorite M3's actually, even though it is a bit heavy (but hey, we drive Mustangs, which are somewhat heavy in their own right).

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one.

(But you're still :crazy:) :D

-T

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
:crazy:

E9X M3 (especially in sedan form) has a beauty that the later generations could only hope to capture.

-T
The coupe looks like an old bar of ivory soap with some dirt on it. Its almost completely formless.
Sponsored