Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Since you're a very experienced driver (both on and off the track), I would like your opinion.

In your opinion, with stock PP suspension, stock wheel size (just changing tires to something a little stickier) and some light performance mods (CAI, mild tune, intercooler, exhaust) do you think it could be a stout performer on the track?

I'm asking because I would like to do those small upgrades ( don't really want to lower the car, I like the stock height as it is) to have a nice street car. May try an HPDE track experience one day but that's in the future.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
You said stickier tire? The stock Pirelli's are good enough. Only stuff sticker is either $$$$$$ or Dot-r's.
Go to an HPDE as is, or maybe upgrade the intercooler and throw an oil cooler on there, and learn how to drive it. When you can out-drive the stock brake pads, then get a set of track pads for just that. Car is fast enough as is other than that. I do think the steeda springs were a good idea, as the stockers were a bit bouncy and made me a bit uncomfortable.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
You said stickier tire? The stock Pirelli's are good enough. Only stuff sticker is either $$$$$$ or Dot-r's.
Go to an HPDE as is, or maybe upgrade the intercooler and throw an oil cooler on there, and learn how to drive it. When you can out-drive the stock brake pads, then get a set of track pads for just that. Car is fast enough as is other than that. I do think the steeda springs were a good idea, as the stockers were a bit bouncy and made me a bit uncomfortable.

Ah okay, I'll just stick with the stock Pirellis then. I'll probably just do an intercooler and tune and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored