Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Mine is very similar to the UR exhaust. Its a custom thinwall stainless 3" with a short 8" Vibrant straight through resonator.

I used to be one of those BMW's and it felt rough to get passed by cars/drivers that I used to destroy a few years ago when I was in those run groups. I downgraded to that group to "check the car out". I probably would have done OK, in black, a group above that.

Also, I used to eat DTC 60's on my old race car, but they were so linear, relatively inexpensive, and predictable, that I usually went right back to them.
Sponsored

GGG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Oxford White 6MT, E36 BMW M3
Coincidentally I do have a track car right now- E36 M3 with a single 3" exhaust, vibrant 8" straight through muffler in place of cat :)
I did run DTC 60 before but went with PFC due to longer life. DTC 60 didnt last that long.
Ecoboost will be my daily driver with boltons. Probably no track time but who knows :)

Mine is very similar to the UR exhaust. Its a custom thinwall stainless 3" with a short 8" Vibrant straight through resonator.

I used to be one of those BMW's and it felt rough to get passed by cars/drivers that I used to destroy a few years ago when I was in those run groups. I downgraded to that group to "check the car out". I probably would have done OK, in black, a group above that.

Also, I used to eat DTC 60's on my old race car, but they were so linear, relatively inexpensive, and predictable, that I usually went right back to them.

OP
OP

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Coincidentally I do have a track car right now- E36 M3 with a single 3" exhaust, vibrant 8" straight through muffler in place of cat :)
I did run DTC 60 before but went with PFC due to longer life. DTC 60 didnt last that long.
Ecoboost will be my daily driver with boltons. Probably no track time but who knows :)
I had the brembo 850 calipers up front, so the PFC's were like ~600 before my discounts, but still too much when the DTC 60's were 240 or so. I had a single 3" on that as well, but two vibrant resonators, and on the euro 3.2. Go to my youtube page for the awesome sound.

Ponykix

2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
2:21 is a great run with the few mods you have. 2:21 is the best I could manage with my 2012 GT with suspension, brakes, tune and 200 treadwear tires. It is good to know my Eco with a few mods is at least capable of comparable times even if I am not. My goal has always been to at least get a 2:19.xxx . Hopefully in the future the Eco will get me there.

I topped out on the straights at 140 in the GT. What did you top out at in the Eco?
I would think the Eco will be faster in the transitions but slower in the straights yielding a similar overall lap time to my old GT. Would you agree with this assessment?

OP
OP

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I didn't push it all the way in the straights, but 130 was most I saw on the GPS. Speedo can't be trusted.
Eco PP with the pirelli's was almost as fast as my old DOT-R's in the curvy parts.

Sponsored

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Wow wow wow! :cheers:
I could have sworn you had a tune! You were flying!
Good job out there. Exhaust sounds mean too.
I would think your pads were overheating from all that braking. More upgrades yeah?

Finally

Old Fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto Prem Conv
Great job! It's always a pleasure to watch someone who knows what he's doing ;)

BTW... what happened to the oak tree in the last turn before the start/finish line? It's been a few years since I was at VIR, but I seem to remember a great old oak down there.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Nice job :) The EBM continues to impress me.

If you're interested in our Steeda sways or any of the IRS components, let us know! Would love to get your feedback on the same course with our additional IRS goodies.

dhardison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Great job! It's always a pleasure to watch someone who knows what he's doing ;)

BTW... what happened to the oak tree in the last turn before the start/finish line? It's been a few years since I was at VIR, but I seem to remember a great old oak down there.
If I remember correctly it broke at the base and fell, but they were trying to sell cloned seedlings of it.

Sponsored

Ponykix

2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
If I remember correctly it broke at the base and fell, but they were trying to sell cloned seedlings of it.

There was talk of cloning but I don't think it happened, least not yet. There were some seeds that a former track personnel had planted at his house that had started growing and one tree was relocated back at Oak Tree turn, however not in the same location. It is located away from the runoff areas now.

My wife had a picture framed of my 2012 GT coming around the turn under the old oak tree the last year it was standing with the track worker waving the checkered flag all in one shot. Below the picture is a wood piece of the original oak tree cut like a coin with the VIR Oak Tree logo and fall date. (July 2 2013) The wooden "coins" were sold/given out after it fell at the track. Best fathers day present ever.

OP
OP

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Nice job :) The EBM continues to impress me.

If you're interested in our Steeda sways or any of the IRS components, let us know! Would love to get your feedback on the same course with our additional IRS goodies.
Car doesn't need sways after you upgrade the springs. Next limiting factor will be tires, after I fix the brakes. I will probably be looking at a few bushings from you guys, but stock did fairly well compared to what I was expecting from some peoples reviews on here. I WILL be getting some motor mounts to stiffen that up a bit.

Yea, VIR kinda helped knock it down "shh" don't tell anyone. Some of the bigger race series were concerned with wrecking into it, as coming off turn ten it is a possibility when speeds get up there a bit. It has been cloned, and will be replanted outside the track near south paddock. Took awhile to get used to the change though.

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Great video man, I need to make a lap out there!

Ponykix

2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP