Sponsored

TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
ok guys.. finally got around to installing the update, it was a scary process to say the least..

Whats fixed
+ temperature is now in Fahrenheit +- 3 degrees
+ some spelling has been fixed. (timezone, pause/play, etc)

not a major update but it did prove very useful i now know how the file interface works and how to update it so i will be making / working my own fixes and changes in. ill post a video on my progress as i go
Sponsored

GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
How did ya do it. Did you get the update password? I tried to get the password from the seller on eBay but wouldn't give it to me. Instead they wanted to send me $7 for my troubles. I don't think they get it, we just want a system that functions properly for us.

That being said, I am a little nervous about doing that update as my unit is the November build and I don't want to screw up a good working unit just because I'm too lazy to convert to Fahrenheit in my head :shrug:

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
My ebay seller has been very cool about everything. They take forever because they didn't develop the product but they do get me answers.

There is a new password (12345688) )but again. this is at your own risk. this process can easily wipe out your boot drive if you select the wrong options. I will write a process review on how i did it if anyone wants to try it.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
My ebay seller has been very cool about everything. They take forever because they didn't develop the product but they do get me answers.

There is a new password (12345688) )but again. this is at your own risk. this process can easily wipe out your boot drive if you select the wrong options. I will write a process review on how i did it if anyone wants to try it.
Please do. I might get a TomTop, if I can update it.

SULSIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Lost the horse at start up. I was playing around with engineering mode and i guess i selected the other picture where it shows the earth for navi and now my anorexia horse is gone.

BTW, i saw a video or was it a post that someone actually changed the start up picture. Cant find it anymore.
Yes it was my video that I had up a few weeks ago on here. I took it off because I was talking to tomtop about some of the problems I was having with this unit evers sinec I bought it and I started to make them a video and I didnt wanted them to see that I messed around it with before hand.

If you need the pony picture I have it saved , I can email it to you if you send me your email.

Sponsored

GeoffyH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Conv. Magnetic 051A Group Leather Seats
Tried that & still haven't got my navi voices working trie other stuff suggested on this site so wondered if I should do the update from Drdomo's link. though would it b possible to get those instructions as I don't want to brick it??
Please & thx
Geoff

DuhKodak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Do you think there as any way to disable that annoying beep when the radio turns on/off?

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
The touch on mine is all screwed up. It was working fine and then yesterday it just quit. No matter where I touch the screen, it only works in one spot. I can't even click the menu to try and configure it since it thinks I am clicking the top right corner. I emailed the seller, but it's been 4 months since I bought it, so I doubt they will do anything.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The touch on mine is all screwed up. It was working fine and then yesterday it just quit. No matter where I touch the screen, it only works in one spot. I can't even click the menu to try and configure it since it thinks I am clicking the top right corner. I emailed the seller, but it's been 4 months since I bought it, so I doubt they will do anything.
Did you try the touch screen calibration?

Sponsored

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
I can't get to it. No matter where I click it thinks I'm touching the top right corner.

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
I might give this update a shot. Is the whole update in Chinese?

No. you literately plug in an SD card with the update files and it does everything automatically. But getting it to read the SD card is the tricky part.

in a nutshell these are the instructions on how i got it to work for me

1 - turn on car. (car must be fully running) not just powered on else if the tom top doesn't complete the update and the battery turns off it will run it. that what almost happened to me.

2 - wait for tomtop to load up

3 - remove navi sd card and insert update sd card

4 - go to setting / settings / system update / 12345688

5 - select "mustang sync" option and press 'ok'

6 - it will give you a timer on the top left corner and the unit will restart.

7 - it will bring up a DOS boot loader interface. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! just let it run and do its thing. this will take about 2 minutes or more

8 - You will get the screen calibration thing.

9 - Done!

SULSIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
No. you literately plug in an SD card with the update files and it does everything automatically. But getting it to read the SD card is the tricky part.

in a nutshell these are the instructions on how i got it to work for me

1 - turn on car. (car must be fully running) not just powered on else if the tom top doesn't complete the update and the battery turns off it will run it. that what almost happened to me.

2 - wait for tomtop to load up

3 - remove navi sd card and insert update sd card

4 - go to setting / settings / system update / 12345688

5 - select "mustang sync" option and press 'ok'

6 - it will give you a timer on the top left corner and the unit will restart.

7 - it will bring up a DOS boot loader interface. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! just let it run and do its thing. this will take about 2 minutes or more

8 - You will get the screen calibration thing.

9 - Done!

Thanks. Already did the update on it. The temp is off by 2-3 but it's better than nothing.

I got all happy when it was letting me actually dial a number but it didn't work. At least it have me a dial pad now.

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
Thanks. Already did the update on it. The temp is off by 2-3 but it's better than nothing.

I got all happy when it was letting me actually dial a number but it didn't work. At least it have me a dial pad now.
if you go to the system update and change from mustang sync to mustang bt i think the dial pad works

make sure you remove the install SD card before doing it though.
Sponsored