Sponsored

TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Lost the horse at start up. I was playing around with engineering mode and i guess i selected the other picture where it shows the earth for navi and now my anorexia horse is gone.

BTW, i saw a video or was it a post that someone actually changed the start up picture. Cant find it anymore.

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
Lost the horse at start up. I was playing around with engineering mode and i guess i selected the other picture where it shows the earth for navi and now my anorexia horse is gone.

BTW, i saw a video or was it a post that someone actually changed the start up picture. Cant find it anymore.
No big deal man. You are going to need an USB and the pony image or any other image you want

Here are the steps on how to change your loading screen

1 - find an image that you like as long as it is 800x600 pixels and .BMP format. also try and keep it under 1.5 mb

2 - Get an usb drive (its better if you format it to FAT32) and move the image there.

3 - plug that usb into the additional USB port that the TOMTOP brought

4 - go to Settings | Engineering Mode | type in "888999" | turn on image settings

5 - select hard disk and find the new image you want... and done. turn it off and on to see your new iamge :clap2:

Sponsored

Troubleman313

Troubleman313
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 GT
New issue. Installed Wednesday. Worked fine all Thursday. Friday only getting Grey Screen with lines in it. Cant see anything on screen. Anyone know what this is? The Sync still works using the Mode button on Steering. But just a grey screen. Hoping to get money back.

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
New issue. Installed Wednesday. Worked fine all Thursday. Friday only getting Grey Screen with lines in it. Cant see anything on screen. Anyone know what this is? The Sync still works using the Mode button on Steering. But just a grey screen. Hoping to get money back.
When you get the grey screen, have you tried hitting the [M] button on the steering wheel? it might be stuck in one of the video screen that has no input. the {M} button might be able to take you out of it. Else disconnect the battery see if that lets the unit reset as well

Soliz53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I had the same issue on mine. Nothing worked and trust me I tried it all. So finally I contacted the seller and got a return label and a full refund. I just received a brand new unit and it works great. It has all the updates and most of the issues are fixed.

Dark-Alex

Alex
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Magnetic Metal
What issues are fixed?

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
here is a quick video on how to do it

Nice! Two questions:

1. If you unplug the USB, will the image still remain? Or does this only work when the USB is connected?
2. Were you able to upload the SDS card updates? I'm curious to see what was fixed/updated!

Thanks in advance, brother!

Sponsored

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
Nice! Two questions:

1. If you unplug the USB, will the image still remain? Or does this only work when the USB is connected?
2. Were you able to upload the SDS card updates? I'm curious to see what was fixed/updated!

Thanks in advance, brother!

1 - Once you load the image it saves to the TOMTOP hard drive. So you dont need to keep the USB in there.

2 - No luck yet. I am in talks with them on instructions / password on how to update the tomtop. But some progress is better than no progress.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
We are working on releasing a new version soon. It will have sync 3 display instead of 2! We decided to scratch the sync 2 system we were testing and go for a newer design.

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
We are working on releasing a new version soon. It will have sync 3 display instead of 2! We decided to scratch the sync 2 system we were testing and go for a newer design.
Any pics ? Or potential release dates

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'll try to post a pic later today of our test unit with this. Release date would be a few weeks away it looks like.

Troubleman313

Troubleman313
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 GT
Grey Screen

Data but no Screen. Cant see anything. Sync works, music plays, phone rings and plays. Back up Camera solid White Screen. Anyone seen this before?

Attached Images
attachment.jpg
Sponsored