Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Followed your tip. We set in a destination and hit the road. When the voice came on, I turned up the volume to a useable level. The radio volume in the background increased as well and was too loud. So, that tells me the adjustment affected both radio and Nav volume collectively. I ended up going into the radio settings (not Primo nav settings) and turned the navi voice off (very counter intuitive). Once that was done, the radio was silenced when the voice prompt came on, and you could hear the voice prompt clearly. When the voice prompt was over, the radio came back on. My wife actually likes it that way, so it's all good. Now, if I could only kill that @#$% BEEP when the unit powers on and off!!!
This is exactly what needs to be done, and yes...it's counter-intuitive. The option in the main settings (outside of navigation) for the "Navi Speaker" must be set to OFF. This means that the voice guidance will play through all of your car's speakers, and anytime the voice prompts occur...any radio/music/sync/media/bluetooth is muted briefly.

What I believe happens when you set the main setting for the "Navi Speaker" to ON is that the voice guidance is shifted to only the driver's side front speaker, and any radio/music/sync/media/bluetooth is not muted at all. I have to test this further.

I'm testing 4 different scenarios, and making videos for each. So far I've made two videos.
Sponsored

Reactions: thk

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Hate to keep beating a potentially dead horse, but has anyone figured out how to silence that annoying 'beeeeep' when the unit powers on and off?

leov826

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang V6
Installed the unit last night. Everything works well except for the date and time when I hit the volume power button. It shows the wrong time and date although it is correct when I am in the menu screen. Anybody know how to fix this?

OP
OP
Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mulestang said:
Hate to keep beating a potentially dead horse, but has anyone figured out how to silence that annoying 'beeeeep' when the unit powers on and off?
No one yet.

leov826 said:
Installed the unit last night. Everything works well except for the date and time when I hit the volume power button. It shows the wrong time and date although it is correct when I am in the menu screen. Anybody know how to fix this?
Also no one yet.

leov826

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang V6
Also I noticed last night that it will not display the number 12 on the clock. When it hits midnight or noon it shows 00:02 for example. I do have 12hr selected not 24hr

Sponsored

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
Android phone with Mhl cable works just fine . tested with note 4.
Beside , here is update : front camera works perfect ( connect to the second yellow cable, 1st one for screen mirror )
uploadfromtaptalk1452903449381.jpg

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Do you have a pic of the cables you used for mirroring?

In2deep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Just installed unit and the screen image was backwards tried to go throfh settings nothing, unplugged the main harness to the screen and then the screen turned white and nothing else came up.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

Just installed unit and the screen image was backwards tried to go throfh settings nothing, unplugged the main harness to the screen and then the screen turned white and nothing else came up.

That's a new one. On my unit, if you select 'AV In', the screen goes white because there's no actual input. I just power it off and back on to clear it.
I have heard a few say that the white connector that plugs to the back of the unit needs to be firmly seated or the screen won't work....more firmly than your normal connector. Good luck.
Edit: I remember seeing a 'reverse image', setting somewhere, but it was for video. Maybe for the back-up cam or AV input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you play videos on it? I converted a file to mp4 and put it on a thumb drive. I plugged it into the usb cable from the head unit, but it doesn't do anything when I select video.

Sponsored

xenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Racing Red Mustang
How do you play videos on it? I converted a file to mp4 and put it on a thumb drive. I plugged it into the usb cable from the head unit, but it doesn't do anything when I select video.
You need to plug the thumb drive in the tomtop usb cable and it needs to be plugged in before you turn on the unit if you plug in whe the unit is already on it won't read the thumb drive

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the video to work, but there is no audio. I checked the video on my laptop and it has audio there. Any ideas?

xenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Racing Red Mustang
I got the video to work, but there is no audio. I checked the video on my laptop and it has audio there. Any ideas?
Go to settings and then media player and check system volume level, also only sync line in should be on . I hope this can help you

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
I removed mine- if anyone wants to buy it off me.(sold)
I'll post it in the "for sale" thread. In car for 4 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using my Signature!!!! \m/

Last edited:

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I removed mine- if anyone wants to buy it off me.
I'll post it in the "for sale" thread. In car for 4 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using my Signature!!!! \m/

May I ask why you removed it? Prepping for the Raxiom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored