Sponsored

TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

DuhKodak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if its possible to hack into the TomTop unit to resolve some of the issues with it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if its possible to hack into the TomTop unit to resolve some of the issues with it?
Possible...yes.

Has it been done yet...no.

Is anyone doing it...yes, Andrewmd5 is currently working on this.

DuhKodak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What about your temperature? My unit has yet to ship. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time for it.

Sponsored

derekhtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base
Temperature is still in Celsius. I just disabled that. Mine somehow got to me in 2 days after ordering.

DuhKodak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have you tried changing the temperature settings through the screen in the instrument cluster?

derekhtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base
I haven't tried the instrument cluster setting. I'll look into it today maybe. What beep? When it turns on and off?

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
I didn't think that beep could possibly be that bad until I installed mine. Good lord it's so loud!

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Has anyone loaded the android OS onto there's?

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
Just installed mine...

My Clock works and stays working after I shut off and then on again. I set my time zone Eastern. Temp is still C.
Anyone know how to set the date? I ask because with car on and I hit the power button for the radio (center of Vol knob) to power off, It shows the time and date.
Date is set at Jan 1st. Also that clock is 1 hour faster than the clock when the unit is on. Go figure that one.
We need the code to get into the system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got around to installing mine a couple days ago, I made a video showing full functionality that I can upload, however that's probably better suited to the other thread, as this thread is mainly for issues.

My clock is NOT functioning properly, however I was one of the earliest people to order one of these units, and it looks like I missed the fix by ONE build version...

My build version is "Oct 30 2015", and my clock is fast forwarding by 14 hours to mainland China time. Every single person who has bought a later unit with a build version of "Nov 30 2015" (or later) has reported having a working clock. So the point is...everyone ordering NOW should receive a unit with a working clock.

My temp is also in C only. This isn't too distracting really as I just add 32 in my head to convert to F. However if a hack or program change allowed F to display...I'd want it.

A couple other things I've observed...

Mine turns on when I open my door, just as a few others have mentioned. The unit itself takes about 10 seconds to power up, and opening my door powers it up fully. Now this isn't a problem if my intention is actually getting into the car to drive, but if I'm just opening the door to grab something, then the unit is now powered on. I haven't actually sat there yet to see how long it stays on.

If you turn on the radio...I can't see a way to turn JUST the radio off, other than to select a different media input (such as CD or SYNC). You can power the whole unti off and it will also turn the radio off, but if you power it back on...the radio also comes back on and goes right back to the last station you were listening to. This is annoying if you're like me...and listen to Sports Radio like it's a religion...but if you want to quickly switch into Navigation to hear the voice prompts...there's no simple toggle to turn the radio off.

The navigation app...is PHENOMINAL, hands down the best I've ever used.

Otherwise my only other gripe right would be that the screen itself is a bit too glass-like, and it reflects a ton of stuff. Not an issue at night, but during the day...the light coming in through your back window is easily reflected into the screen and you can see everything as you're driving along (sky, clouds, trees). Really just a minor thing, but something worth mentioning.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I got around to installing mine a couple days ago, I made a video showing full functionality that I can upload, however that's probably better suited to the other thread, as this thread is mainly for issues.

My clock is NOT functioning properly, however I was one of the earliest people to order one of these units, and it looks like I missed the fix by ONE build version...

My build version is "Oct 30 2015", and my clock is fast forwarding by 14 hours to mainland China time. Every single person who has bought a later unit with a build version of "Nov 30 2015" (or later) has reported having a working clock. So the point is...everyone ordering NOW should receive a unit with a working clock.

My temp is also in C only. This isn't too distracting really as I just add 32 in my head to convert to F. However if a hack or program change allowed F to display...I'd want it.

A couple other things I've observed...

Mine turns on when I open my door, just as a few others have mentioned. The unit itself takes about 10 seconds to power up, and opening my door powers it up fully. Now this isn't a problem if my intention is actually getting into the car to drive, but if I'm just opening the door to grab something, then the unit is now powered on. I haven't actually sat there yet to see how long it stays on.

If you turn on the radio...I can't see a way to turn JUST the radio off, other than to select a different media input (such as CD or SYNC). You can power the whole unti off and it will also turn the radio off, but if you power it back on...the radio also comes back on and goes right back to the last station you were listening to. This is annoying if you're like me...and listen to Sports Radio like it's a religion...but if you want to quickly switch into Navigation to hear the voice prompts...there's no simple toggle to turn the radio off.

The navigation app...is PHENOMINAL, hands down the best I've ever used.

Otherwise my only other gripe right would be that the screen itself is a bit too glass-like, and it reflects a ton of stuff. Not an issue at night, but during the day...the light coming in through your back window is easily reflected into the screen and you can see everything as you're driving along (sky, clouds, trees). Really just a minor thing, but something worth mentioning.

Do you think a matte screen protector would help with the reflectivity/glare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do you think a matte screen protector would help with the reflectivity/glare?
Possibly, I've never used one before so I'm really not sure about their effectiveness.
Sponsored