Sponsored

TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Anyone have any idea why my gps signal wouldn't be working? Nav is one of the big reasons I bought this and now that it isn't working I'm getting frustrated.
I had the same issue where I live. I went to a friends house about 20 mins away and it started working, when I got back home, it was working.
Sponsored

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Anyone have any idea why my gps signal wouldn't be working? Nav is one of the big reasons I bought this and now that it isn't working I'm getting frustrated.

Go through all your settings.
You will see one for Nav. Make sure Primo- is selected- then in the Nav- go to settings make sure it's set to ALL. For some reason it shows tomtom NavQ and some other GPS off brands.

Sent from my iPhone using my Signature!!!! \m/

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
I played with my unit yesterday but still have 2 problems:
- Can not play video files from usb ( connected through unit's usb port)
- Can not enable navigation voice guide/speed warning..( i remembered i heard sound when i first installed it )
The connector for my unit got loose that why i couldn't hear voice guide. However, after i plugged it correctly, the voice is distorted. :doh:

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
[MENTION=13665]V8Venom[/MENTION]

DBiggles654

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Deep Impact Blue M/T
My gps signal works now after driving it for like 10 minutes. Great unit for the money. Haven't been able to play with it much yet but my clock is staying correct for me so far. Temperature said it was 87 degrees out but it was only like 30 degrees out so idk about that one at all.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I know it's early in the life of this product, but for those that have installed and dealt with issues, what are your initial thoughts on the life expectancy/durability of this product? Is there any kind of warranty on it? $300 seem to be good value if the quality is on par.

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I know it's early in the life of this product, but for those that have installed and dealt with issues, what are your initial thoughts on the life expectancy/durability of this product? Is there any kind of warranty on it? $300 seem to be good value if the quality is on par.
You have to look at all the clues in this case...
1) Its from China (known for sub-par quality, I speak from experience due to working with China companies on a daily basis in the Automotive world)
2) It's a product early in it's life cycle and only from 1 manufacture.
3) A product that has been shipped with no install or operating instructions. (1 recently has been posted here)
4) A product that does not have it's company name on any labels and not in the recently posted Operation manual.

Those all pretty much add up to a crap shoot for what you are asking. I think 1 would play hell trying to get this thing fixed or replaced a month from now.

But the $300 price is a risk most are willing to take (including me) when compared to the cost of alternatives available right now.

GeoffyH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Conv. Magnetic 051A Group Leather Seats
Can u ask her for the
engineering code or direct you to who will have it?
Here is Lisa's reply: :shrug: :shrug:

hi customer

sorry, currectly we only have a mannual
is it possible for you to find a video about this at youtube ?
or is it possible for you to consult local car repair shop?

regards
lisa

Geoff

Sponsored

derekhtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base
Got mine installed and working all correctly. Time is good, sync is in English. Somehow mine got here incredibly fast also. Ordered Sunday evening, first delivery attempt was Tuesday morning.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
For $300 it is an amazing upgrade. Well worth the cost. Even if it only lasts a year I wouldn't feel regret about the purchase. The software seems to work fine and people are currently cracking it so once that happens, even if something were to get glitched out, there will be a work around.

I know I have specifically tried tripping the system up by switching between screens multiple times back and forth and pressing different options and it holds up very nicely, so under light use and just changing radio station, playing USB/bluetooth music, etc I have a feeling it will last a long time. I haven't really used the navigation too much yet, only because it hasn't been necessary but for the bit of time I have played with it, seems to work well. When I actually do go to use it to go to an unfamiliar place, I am going to also use google maps on my phone and compare routes, times, etc.

sarcean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Not sure where to ask this but has anyone installed this on a 2016 yet? I just received mine today and want to make sure that its 2016 compatible