To wing or not to wing

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The picture is 34400x1440 it's a wallpaper I use. Anyone, get it and use it if you want.
Awesome I may just use that for my home computer 👍😎
Sponsored

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT with Recaro bucket seat option.
There you go! That's what I'm talking about. I use it on mine, hence I posted it. Old Mustangs never die.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
If I had a "lip" on the trunk like that Boss 429 in the pic, I would not be thinking about getting a spoiler. I saw a carbon fiber trunk with a "lip" but the price was high, then painting and matching the car.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
No spoiler.
Once I retire the car from commuting I'll get another decklid and an obnoxiously large wing for track duty. Until then it makes no sense for the use case

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If I had a "lip" on the trunk like that Boss 429 in the pic, I would not be thinking about getting a spoiler. I saw a carbon fiber trunk with a "lip" but the price was high, then painting and matching the car.
Maybe check out the Roush spoiler if you want to consider more of a lip type spoiler. Also flows well the the S550 lines. It mounts differently than most of the other spoilers though so you really have to like it before you drill holes. They won’t get reused or covered by most other spoilers out there

Sponsored

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
Maybe check out the Roush spoiler if you want to consider more of a lip type spoiler. Also flows well the the S550 lines. It mounts differently than most of the other spoilers though so you really have to like it before you drill holes. They won’t get reused or covered by most other spoilers out there
I'll look at it. Thank you.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
I live in Texas. I think Roush is too. Shipping would be easy I would think.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
That's not bad! I might be able to get it painted to match the car reasonable too. People would think it came with the car.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
That's badass looking. Thanks for the advice. I put it in my Mustang folder. I'll get as soon as get the money.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That's badass looking. Thanks for the advice. I put it in my Mustang folder. I'll get as soon as get the money.
Cool! Can’t wait to see some pics on the car

Sponsored

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
Cool! Can’t wait to see some pics on the car
It will take me awhile to get the money. I looked up painting and install. I read some post said 150 to 225 and others up 450 for paint and install. I'll call around and check. I looked a the black one and it is nice, but I would like to have it painted that way it blends in and it looks more like part of the car. The black one is 430 and the primed one is 380, then shipping of course. Yes, I will post pics and let you know and see it. Really would look sharp on the car painted and flowing with the lines. I saw some Roush Mustangs with the Roush Performance packages. Black would not be bad, but to me it gives that "Stuck on look". Maybe just me but my opinion is, if you are going to do something to the looks of a car, do it right. GTO Judge in 68 had a painted spoiler. Looked sharp too.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It will take me awhile to get the money. I looked up painting and install. I read some post said 150 to 225 and others up 450 for paint and install. I'll call around and check. I looked a the black one and it is nice, but I would like to have it painted that way it blends in and it looks more like part of the car. The black one is 430 and the primed one is 380, then shipping of course. Yes, I will post pics and let you know and see it. Really would look sharp on the car painted and flowing with the lines. I saw some Roush Mustangs with the Roush Performance packages. Black would not be bad, but to me it gives that "Stuck on look". Maybe just me but my opinion is, if you are going to do something to the looks of a car, do it right. GTO Judge in 68 had a painted spoiler. Looked sharp too.
I think black or body color would both look good. Do whatever makes you happy with it! Some shops might charge extra since it’s a smaller job and some might not. Hopefully you can find a good shop at a decent price

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
I think black or body color would both look good. Do whatever makes you happy with it! Some shops might charge extra since it’s a smaller job and some might not. Hopefully you can find a good shop at a decent price
If it was a small pedestal mount like the 69 Boss 302 then black would look good to me. Yeah, I'm weird. I'll think about it while I'm saving. I will say, Boss 302 had the black stripe on the lip of the truck, then black at the gas lid. Everything blended together. Thanks for the chat.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I like that. I like the convertibles. I got a deal on mine and bought used with 1965 miles on it. No one wanted a standard here in the small town I'm in. I wanted to go back to shifting gears. I traded a 2020 Camry XSE straight across, then payments for GT. Dealership had the car for 8 months, then I came along. My Camry was basically brand new too. A little over 7,000 mile. Nice car. Black wing does blend in due to the center and the taillights.
Sponsored