||| Tikbalang5.0 Build ||| A do everything style Build

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
After being inspired by another GT/CS owner post on here. So this will be the beginning of my build journal for my 2023 Mischievous Purple Mustang GT California Special with a 6 speed.

Some notes on the car in its current state:
It is stock aside from wheels/tires, and an RTR shift knob,
Current paint protection is via Avalonking Armorshield IX.
Summer Tires: Conti Extreme Contact Sport (285/35-19 Square)
Winter Tires: Conti VikingContact 7 (255/40-19 Square)

I special ordered this car back in 11/4/2022 (VIN received 11/10/2022, Built the week of 12/19/2022, build confirmed 12/24/22, picked up 1/12/2023) realizing that this might be the last yr I could get a purple mustang (I was pretty determined to get purple after seeing midnight purple r33 in person the second day I was in Japan).

The next section will outline my overall goal of the build.

Mental Build Notes:
Mental Build ListOEM+ Style Build (NA Motor, Focus on Handling & looks)
Fun to Drive (Corner Carver but dramatic in a straight line)
Closer to a sports car vs GT Car (Discount AMR Vantage Vibes)
Mid-Corner Steering is Balanced
Improved Steering Feel
Occasional Autox & HPDE Days
Elimination of excessive body roll, brake dive, and accel squat
LooksReference 4th gen cobra/cobra r
Clean Aesthetic (Embody discount AMR Vantage Philosphy)
Keep Aesthetics from the Cali Special Package
Handling MemoBuild Goal
PP1 < My Car = PP2 < Mach1 <?? GT350
Alignment
First Target GT350 Alignment (modify to either PP2 as needed)
Paint InfoFord Paint CodeP2
Ford Paint Code (Internal Part #)M7475
TimelinesPhase1 within 1-2 years (essentially start/finish when car is paid)
Phase2 1-2 year after Phase1
Phase3 2-4 years after Phase2

[Edits]
Perf Oriented Mods:

Phase 1
PP2 Style Front Splitter
California Pony Cars Mud Flaps
Ford Performance X-Pipe
K&N Air Filter
Steeda Shifter Bracket
BG Synchroshift II Trans Fluid + MGC Additive
Raceseng Slammer Shift Knob - White
Raceseng R Lock
MRT Hood Struts
Cervini's Cobra R Hood 2.5 in (18-23)
Hood Paint Match (Need MRT Quote)

Phase 2
BMR CB762 IRS Subframe Support Kit
BMR CB005 Cradle Lockout Kit
BMR SCB766 - Bushing Centering Kit
BMR CB007 Front Subframe Brace

Phase 3
Ford Performance GT350/R Radiator
Ford Performance Track Shock & Strut Kit
BMR Handling Springs - Front??
BMR Performance Springs - Rear??
Ford Performance Camber Plates
Eibach Progressive Front Bump Stops
Eibach Progressive Rear Bump Stops
Steeda Bumpsteer kit

Wheels:
Signature SV601 19x10 ET40 (Bronze)

Tires:
Winter: Contiwintercontact TS860S or TS850P (Sizing for 245/45-R19
Summer: TBD

Paint Protection Post getting a house and replacing the current Ceramic Coating:
Undecided (might go Avalonking ArmorShield Max or Gyeon Synchro/Pure).

Of course suggestions and recommendations are welcome. And as mentioned I'm really not going to be pushing any serious mods until after I pay off the car and get actual track time with it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
After being inspired by another GT/CS owner post on here. So this will be the beginning of my build journal for my 2023 Mischievous Purple Mustang GT California Special with a 6 speed.

Some notes on the car in its current state:
It is stock aside from wheels/tires, and an rtr shift knob,
Current paint protection is via Avalonking Armorshield IX.

I special ordered this car back in September/October of last year, realizing that this might be the last yr I could get a purple mustang (I was pretty determined to get purple after seeing midnight purple r33 in person the second day I was in Japan).

The next section will outline my overall goal of the build.

The Purpose: A backroad warrior car that can do the occasional track day, autocross, and rip on a touge/mountain road and still do groceries and the twice weekly drive into work.
Congrats on the car and build thread! Look forward to seeing what you do with it, especially as a fellow GT/CS owner 😉

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)

Video w/ the Topher for those that want to see the car in action in stock form on Michigan Roads.

More or less got the approval of the base bare bones setup so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Gorgeous! Tell me about the wheels and tires.
AVID.1 AV20's 19x9.5 w/ ET35
Wrapped with 285/35 Conti Extreme Contact Sports in all four corners.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
AVID.1 AV20's 19x9.5 w/ ET35
Wrapped with 285/35 Conti Extreme Contact Sports in all four corners.
The setup looks great! I'm a fellow GT/CS owner in Michigan. Looking forward to following your build journey!

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
20230730_073220 resize.jpg
20230730_072210 Resize.jpg

Latest Photo Edits from Mustang Day at High Octane Cafe. Editing Skills are coming together pretty nicely.

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Update as of 9/10/23

I wanted to provide a small verbal update as to what's going on.

Finally ended up finding a trustworthy shop to get work done at (thank you to The Topher for recommending MRT).
My current plan is to finish paying off the car early next year, and at that point or maybe shortly before I will sit down with the owner of MRT Performance, we'll workout timeline for the planned mod list that's described in Phase 1 & 2.
Pending upon when I can get car paid off and get the funds Phase 1 (100% dependent on tax return and Annual Bonus amount) will happen either Spring or fall of next year (primarily focusing on upgrading the primary weakness car the trans).

Phase 2 will be planned for the following year, with the goal being, getting as close to that GT350/R suspension feel as I can get. After confirming through reviews and posts that the Ford Performance Track Shock and Struts are the same as the Base GT350 Shock and Struts, I'm basically dead set on this plus a combo of springs from BMR or getting the Swift Spring SPEC-R's (granted I haven't seen anywhere I can get these online, small chance MRT might be able to help with this, but the BMR SP083 Front & Performance Lowering Rear is as close as I can get to the SPEC-R's).

I'll update as I go but all the Aesthetic mods will probably be sprinkled in intermittently through out Phase 1 & 2, but I'll be prioritizing getting Phase 1 & 2 done before doing the rest of the Aesthetic stuff (less the ceramic coating as I also may have found a shop to get it done professionally).

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Random updates as of 3/3/2024:

So lots of life updates more so than car updates. Been helping out at Chicago Assembly Plant for the most of the year thus far. Nice being able to spend time with the fam, but damn is I94 shit for cars (commute is generally 355 to 80 to 80/294 to 94 to get to the plant).

In terms of car stuff, I've gone ahead and restored the hp and torque lost from the Ford sticking the hydrocarbon filter in the intake cover. No codes thrown and the tabs are intact so if I ever needed to stick the filter back in I can. Depending on how things progress I might switch out for a steeda closed box intake or go full open CAI but not sure I even want to go that route yet.

Realigned my mod list and updated the timing of when I want to start doing things (essentially I'm not touching the car outside of cosmetic stuff until after it is paid off, about $6.8K left to go which is about the last 1/3rd of the remaining loan payment of a 72 month loan that I got for the car as of 1/12/23).

Also hit 10K miles about a week ago. Super hyped about that. Pretty much my only two complaints about the car is sometimes it doesn't feel like I'm in first gear when shifting into it from a dead stop (I sometimes do the neutral jerk-off before reinserting, and yes lots of bad innuendo's here because why not). The second being, well this is my preference in driving, and that is it feels very much like a gt car, where I want a sports car (suspension wise). Between some other helpful folks on the forum and @Järn for all the input and help. Still bouncing back and forth on springs but that is 4-5 years down the line most likely. The worst bug I got right now is looking at Cervini Cobra R hoods (2.5 inch variant), which has now made its way to my mod list.

All this to say that the list to transform the discount AMR Vantage is still on going but things are for sure on pause due to life, I'll also probably drop some good money down on some custom plates this year as well (or maybe I'll wait until next year). So in the meantime here are some spicy pics of the car to hopefully make everyone's day.

Photos taken with Sony a6400, final edits were made in darktable:

DSC01996.jpg
DSC02218.jpg
DSC02049.jpg
DSC02198.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Have you considered the FP Track Pack springs to go with the shocks and bars?

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Have you considered the FP Track Pack springs to go with the shocks and bars?
So I have considered the full track pack, but based on the research I've done thus far I haven't seen a need to move to bigger sway bars or the need to have some of the other components of the kit (as of yet).

My biggest thing as to why I have or have not made a decision regarding the fp track springs (y springs) is I cannot find info anywhere on what the spring rates for those springs are. Kind of annoying but outside of that I have considered nabbing a set of used GT350 Springs but again I keep on flipping back and forth.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Seems that the full set up would be a step closer to GT350 performance that you are targeting. I have not looked into it, but it would also include bar bushings.

My plan is to go to the Track Pack. I have PP1 now and the track pack will provide the minimum lowering that I want. And, all of it is designed to work together.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
All this to say that the list of to transform the discount AMR Vantage is still on going but things are for sure on pause due to life, I'll also probably drop some good money down on some custom plates this year as well (or maybe I'll wait until next year). So in the meantime here are some spicy pics of the car to hopefully make everyone's day.
Glad to know I wasn’t the only one going for the budget Aston angle. 😅

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
stumbled upon this thread, good to see a fellow Michigander! Congrats on the car, and nice pictures... I'm interested to see where you'll be going suspension wise. I went from a full FP track kit on my car for couple of years to changing FP springs to BMR SP083, front FP sway bar to BMR, rear FP sway bar to PP1. If you ever want to know how this combo handles, I'd be more than happy to let you take my car out for a spin. I believe I documented these changes in this thread

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/need-advice-on-my-suspension.140795/
Sponsored