RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
stumbled upon this thread, good to see a fellow Michigander! Congrats on the car, and nice pictures... I'm interested to see where you'll be going suspension wise. I went from a full FP track kit on my car for couple of years to changing FP springs to BMR SP083, front FP sway bar to BMR, rear FP sway bar to PP1. If you ever want to know how this combo handles, I'd be more than happy to let you take my car out for a spin. I believe I documented these changes in this thread

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/need-advice-on-my-suspension.140795/
This is definitely a rabbit hole I needed. I've honestly gone back and forth on it quite a bit (literally adding it and deleting the kit from my google build sheet about 4 or 5 times). I'll give it a read when I'm stuck in my hotel room later this week. Since F1 be on the the otherside of the world at the moment so everything content wise is happening in the morning, while I'm at work lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
So small life update. Alot of things on hold right now. Mostly due to working temporarily in Chicago. Primary issue post winter season deep clean is that, well, my avalonking armorshield ix is definitely dead. But on the brightside, I'll be able to get away with doing a light hand paint correction before re-coating. Currently I'm looking at diving into the Kamikaze Collection lineup using Miyabi as my primary coat, full review to come ahead of memorial day weekend (probably).

Personal life wise been doing a lot of photography and dabbling with video making. Upgraded my Sony a6400 to an a6700, Below are my favorite photos taken with my sigma 30mm f1.4 lens. The quality is phenomenal 👌 of course the discount AMR Vantage in discount midnight purple ii makes life easy to take photos (no real bad angles). Plan is still to get into mrt to do the shifter and h-pipe by the end of the year.

SCE00156.jpg

SCE00266.jpg

SCE00352.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That sucks about your coating. I use the Ethos Graphene V2.0. Been through 2 Chicago winters so far and it’s held up well. If you’re looking for suggestions.

https://ethoscarcare.com/products/graphene-coating

The Adams coating is really good too

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
That sucks about your coating. I use the Ethos Graphene V2.0. Been through 2 Chicago winters so far and it’s held up well. If you’re looking for suggestions.

https://ethoscarcare.com/products/graphene-coating

The Adams coating is really good too
To be fair to the avalonking folks, I did only do one layer of ArmorShieldIX so there was probably a 25% chance or less it could've survived the winter up here 😆 i've been eyeing the Kamikaze Collection for awhile now (plus being able to read some Japanese helped fill in some lost in translation parts of what they have on the site lol). I will for sure be putting up a full review but I can't get around to doing the coating until after I'm back in metro Detroit

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
AVID.1 AV20's 19x9.5 w/ ET35
Wrapped with 285/35 Conti Extreme Contact Sports in all four corners.
How does the car ride and handle with 285/35's on 9.5-inch rims? I'm running 275/35's on 9.5's and due to noticeably increased fender gaps I'm pondering 285/35's or 275/40's next time. Thanks!

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
How does the car ride and handle with 285/35's on 9.5-inch rims? I'm running 275/35's on 9.5's and due to noticeably increased fender gaps I'm pondering 285/35's or 275/40's next time. Thanks!
So I've never tried 275/40 before but 285/35 definitely fine for a daily. There is a decent amount of tire poke/bulge due to the 9.5 width (something I plan to rectify later after I get a house). I enjoy the ride overall as I get decent feedback as I turn onto on/off ramps, wheel weighting up nicely and is very linear through this combo.

In 90% of daily driving scenarios if you are breaking loose on 285 section width tires you either got very cheap tires or your doing very illegal speeds so no qualms there.
Sponsored