Sponsored

Thoughts in steeda intake?

2015GaTor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mag. PP 6sd
I am hoping that means they will start shipping out on Thursday????
Sponsored

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Ordered mine today. :ford:

Mustangtk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver
Ordered today! Any numbers without the restrictor yet?

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
This should help with the wait - dyno numbers!

The first run is when the car was bone stock - strong numbers for a stock car.

The second run is with our cold air intake and included restrictor installed - put down 402.56 rwhp and 370.48 ft lbs tq which is a gain of 10.09 rwhp and 8.79 ft lbs tq over stock!

The third run is with our cold air intake and included restrictor installed in addition to our stock tune calibration - put down 415.69 rwhp and 376.85 ft lbs tq which is a gain of 13.13 rwhp and 6.37 ft lbs tq from the second run!

With both the Steeda cold air intake with restrictor and our tune which is for a stock setup, the gains were 23.22 rwhp and 15.16 ft lbs tq over our stock pull! This is the equivalent of installing our induction pack.

We're really happy with our numbers and looking forward to all of you receiving and installing your kits!

Hello Dave,
I'm a staunch believer in the old-school adage to "question everything".

My first question: Did you perform your dyno runs with the hood of your test vehicle open?
If you achieved these dyno numbers with the vehicle hood closed then ignore the rest of my post and I'll go away....:headbonk:

I know I would be more accepting of these dyno results if you supply a video showing that these numbers were achieved with the hood of the vehicle SHUT while testing.
It should be obvious to you where I'm going with this.

So a vehicle "hood open" run makes me less inclined on buying into these claimed dyno numbers for the following reasons.

I do not know of any member that will ever drive their mustangs around with the hood open.
I believe that an open hood during testing benefits the Steeda CAI dyno numbers. (but to a lesser affect on factory intake)
To me testing with actual heat-soak/underhood temp numbers better simulates real world driving, and should be done by vendors when pushing dyno numbers to sell their CAI products.
I've seen a large fan or fans employed to simulate the ram air effect of diving the vehicle (and to cool the engine) during dyno runs.

I also say this because the Steeda air box doesn't appear to have a total underhood isolating seal, at least that's what I see from the website photos...but I could be wrong.

With that being said I really do like the physical air management aspects of the filter with the velocity stack design.:thumbsup:

Again, the name of this thread is "thoughts on Steeda intake".
These are just my thoughts. I'm not here to slam any product as I could be wrong in some my assumptions, thus this is directed to Dave for his thoughts on my questions.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Hello Dave,
I'm a staunch believer in the old-school adage to "question everything".

My first question: Did you perform your dyno runs with the hood of your test vehicle open?
If you achieved these dyno numbers with the vehicle hood closed then ignore the rest of my post and I'll go away....:headbonk:

I know I would be more accepting of these dyno results if you supply a video showing that these numbers were achieved with the hood of the vehicle SHUT while testing.
It should be obvious to you where I'm going with this.

So a vehicle "hood open" run makes me less inclined on buying into these claimed dyno numbers for the following reasons.

I do not know of any member that will ever drive their mustangs around with the hood open.
I believe that an open hood during testing benefits the Steeda CAI dyno numbers. (but to a lesser affect on factory intake)
To me testing with actual heat-soak/underhood temp numbers better simulates real world driving, and should be done by vendors when pushing dyno numbers to sell their CAI products.
I've seen a large fan or fans employed to simulate the ram air effect of diving the vehicle (and to cool the engine) during dyno runs.

I also say this because the Steeda air box doesn't appear to have a total underhood isolating seal, at least that's what I see from the website photos...but I could be wrong.

With that being said I really do like the physical air management aspects of the filter with the velocity stack design.:thumbsup:

Again, the name of this thread is "thoughts on Steeda intake".
These are just my thoughts. I'm not here to slam any product as I could be wrong in some my assumptions, thus this is directed to Dave for his thoughts on my questions.
:doh::doh::frusty::frusty::headbonk::headbonk:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
I always thought the standard was with the hood open. Every time I open the pages of MMFF or most any magazine I can think of they always show the car running on the dyno with the hood open.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I always thought the standard was with the hood open. Every time I open the pages of MMFF or most any magazine I can think of they always show the car running on the dyno with the hood open.
Yep, it is :). I have had my cars dynoed over the last 15yrs and each time, the hood was open.

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Yep, it is :). I have had my cars dynoed over the last 15yrs and each time, the hood was open.

I believe that is to allow heat to escape more easily, a car sitting still running at 130 mph is bound to head up the area under the hood quickly.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
No doubt, I completely understand the hood being open during dyno pulls and
my intent here was not to rehash anything that's been discussed here before.

I was questioning the test.
With this CAI design the hood more or less becomes the air box cover and with it left uncovered it will undoubtedly be pulling in most of its air through the open top (during testing).
Before I plunk $350.00 down I want to know how the CAI does when it's pulling more of it's air through the front duct opening.
Covering the top of the air box (simulating the hood covering it) during dyno testing I think it's more representative of actual driving conditions.
I would then be more inclined buy into the dyno numbers.
Sponsored