Sponsored

This is what happens to Mustangs sitting in Parking lots

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Is that an early bird special? Seems kinda cheap, even for the area. I would park by WFC and most of the garages were $25-$30 for 12 hours (early bird pricing).
Nirmally $26/12h. It is the earlybird "rooftop" special (you HAVE to park on rooftop and get your ticket punched). Need to get in before 7 or 8am

Winter is good as rooftop is closed but you can go to ticket counter and say the seret phrase, "roofop", and they charge you $20. I love it beause it's a "you park it" lot and don't have to worry about valets smashing your bumpers into cement walls
Sponsored

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
This was a company vehicle that belong to a landscape company that hit my car. I have now spent the entire day trying to get them to contact the insurance company just to take their statement so that they could issue me a rental.

They have now all left for the day and not a single person called the insurance the company. My claims adjuster called 4 different people and left voicemails twice, still no response.
Maybe threatening the landscape business with a lawsuit would be enough incentive for them to make their insurance company deal with this problem. You might also tell them you would not want to leave bad reviews with BBB and Yelp.com. This isn't something I would want dragging out. Nip that landscape business in the bud. :paddle:

BrotherJack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Color Kono Blue Black Rag Top
Nope, Get your car fixed at Ford properly so there is no issues and hope there is no carfax that lowers the value later. If so, I would push your insurance to force their company to pay you for the lost value. The driver will most likely get tossed after all the bills arrive.Oh, I would also send pics. to the driver's CEO of the damage and also the empty parking lot Just so he personally understands why he is spending his money. :) Revenge is best served cold!

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I'm very sorry that your car got damaged. I've been there and it feels awful. I've had a hit and run driver leave a sizable dent in the door of my '96 GT. I had to repair it on my own dime and I never learned who the perpetrator was.

One thing that's been preying on my mind lately is my decision to get a Magnetic Gray car. It's inherent stealthiness is giving me pause. I am in no way diminishing what happened to your car, and it may have been an act of overt jealousy or indifference, but it also may not have been.

Case in point: I went to a Mopar show a few years ago and a guy had a PRISTINE '69 Dodge Charger hit while parked in a lot. Someone was turning their car around and simply did not see it. Was it careless or reckless? Probably. But it was also completely innocent. There's a good chance that he didn't notice the Charger because it was black and it happened at a cruise meet at night. Is there a chance that the driver that hit your car didn't notice your car because it blended in with the surrounding asphalt? I'm just curious. It may have not been the case, but darker colored cars may not be perceived as easily as their lighter counterparts.

Again, I feel sickened by what has happened to your car, but I do have to wonder if the color of the car played a part in this situation. That's assuming of course, that it was an "innocent mistake." If it was a malicious act, no amount of reasoning or speculating, would excuse it, naturally. I hope the damage is repaired quickly and to your complete satisfaction.

Dragen

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBPP
i couldn't image living where you would park lambos and ferraris in a shared parking garage. blows my mind. hell even the mustang!
It's like that in the building next to mine; a Mclaren, several Astons, umpteen Bentleys, Ferraris, you name it. Sounds like the Indy 500 all day as they come and go.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I used to work in the area but never frequented that garage. A few people did mention to me that there's never a shortage of nice cars in there. It's self-park, right?
Self-park, which is great because it makes the parking effectively cheaper since there's no valet to tip, you don't have to worry about clumsy valets crunching bumpers, and you're free to walk around and drool at all the awesome cars. The circular ramps are pretty narrow, though, so a lot of the construction guys with trucks have to take it slow.

And it's only $20 on weekends, and the rooftop special as Pyro said. $40 for 24 hours during the week, which I take advantage of during snow storms so I don't get plowed in street parking at home.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I purposely park 100's of feet away from every single car in the parking lot at work. Today there isn't a single car anywhere near my car but still some idiot driving a big box truck, working for the landscape company, decided to bash into the back end of my car. There is probably 50 open spots in the parking lot but he had to park right by my car for some reason.

So.. Parking away from people is the worst thing you can do for your car. I saw so many cars getting broken into and damaged in the back of the lot during my very brief stint at Walmart that I will never park far from the store front.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
It doesn't matter. I once had a 97 red Thunderbird (in 97) and was at a restaurant parked between 2 friend's red Corvette and a red Mustang. The server came over and said "someone's red car got hit in the parking lot". Sure enough, some kid had gunned it in a lightly snow cover lot and managed to clip my rear in between the other cars.
Moral of the story: it just happens. We live in a random, chaotic universe and everyday we roll the bones. And when it happens, it sucks.
Sorry for your loss dude. Glad you're ok though.

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
So.. Parking away from people is the worst thing you can do for your car. I saw so many cars getting broken into and damaged in the back of the lot during my very brief stint at Walmart that I will never park far from the store front.
I avoid Walmart at all costs so its not an issue for me :p

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Timing is everything

I think I can relate to this incident in several ways. Not only was I once a victim of a hit-and-run, but I also had a brand new car damaged literally days after taking delivery. It felt even worse because the car was brand new! It wasn't a big ding, but I noticed it every time I walked past the car, and I didn't want a blemish on an otherwise perfect vehicle. So, I had a paintless dent repair guy come to where I worked at the time and fix my car. In no time, he massaged the dent out without having to resort to recommend a body shop for my 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek.

Granted, your car will require more than paintless dent repair, but I can definitely empathize with you in regard to the timing of this incident. We all just want our new cars to look brand spanking new for as long as possible!
IMG_5122 small.jpg
IMG_5152 small.jpg
IMG_5157 small.jpg

Sponsored

wjones14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE; Sold: 2005 Mustang GT
FWIW, I typically split the difference and park in the middle of the lot but try to find end spaces where at least one side of the car is somewhat protected and where I can cheat to the side of the space and try to leave extra room to the space beside. Still have a bunch of dings on my Z though.

-T
^ This

I park in end spots almost exclusively. It's not as obvious as parking in a deserted section of the parking lot, and you eliminate any possibility of getting dings on one side. You cheat toward the edge of the spot as far away from the next spot as possible, and you can avoid the dings. After 10 years with my S197, there's not a single parking lot nick on it because of this.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Funny...the same exact thing happened to me yesterday during lunch. I honestly think some people are just more comfortable parking next to other cars rather than in an isolate spot on their own.
I think those are the same people who choose to piss or shit right next to you when you are in a public restroom, ignoring the fact that there are plenty of other empty stalls/urinals.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I think those are the same people who choose to piss or shit right next to you when you are in a public restroom, ignoring the fact that there are plenty of other empty stalls/urinals.
LOL. Hopefully your thought or reasoning is not the same as my thought that people just park close to get a closer look. Yikes!

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Whenever I enter a parking lot, I try to find a spot on its own, away from other cars and/or traffic congestion spots. I have found that it's always better to park beside cars of equal or greater dollar value, or next to cars with more doors. Think about it, coupe doors are generally longer, and often swing wider to allow drivers and passengers greater ingress/egress, whereas sedans generally have smaller doors and don't swing as wide (due in part to their width), so odds are they will not ding cars parked beside them. And nowadays, most minivans have sliding rear doors, so they're practically non-threatening (providing the driver doesn't swing their door wide open). Just a working theory I have, but it's worked out for me so far…

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Agree with everything but minivans. Minivans spell kids and distracted parents. The front doors are enough. Avoid like the plague.
Sponsored