This is what happens to Mustangs sitting in Parking lots

OP
OP

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
Got the quote back from the dealer on repairs. $4,000 and they claim its going to be months before they get the parts in to fix it. After they get the parts, its a 5 day fix.

Besides that I am going through hell with the persons insurance company, just trying to get them to get me a rental car.
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Got the quote back from the dealer on repairs. $4,000 and they claim its going to be months before they get the parts in to fix it. After they get the parts, its a 5 day fix.

Besides that I am going through hell with the persons insurance company, just trying to get them to get me a rental car.
Thats funny, dont know how things are done in the USA, but here in Canada you only deal with your OWN insurance company. Your insurance company will do all the communication with the other insurance company.

Make sure you get a rental equivalent to the Mustang. V6+ or Rental Mustang.

SkapeGote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150
Hmmm...4 times in 2 months? How do you know it was due to a cellphone? Is she provoking it like slamming the brakes because she notices them not paying attention to the road? Using cellphones while driving is illegal in most if not all places so I doubt the drivers are just going to flat out admit that.

You can blame the other people all day but when it's occurring that often you might need to look at yourself.

Also, not sure what she does but a $600 dollar beater to drive clients around. That doesn't sound very professional. I would be a concerned client if that thing broke down or is somehow getting rear ended often.
Wow,

For three of these I was in the car. Just waiting at a stop sign or traffic light. My girlfriend could probably out drive most people on this forum, and that isn't even a joke.

As for driving clients around, the car was in near perfect condition and the are mental health clients. You do not put a schizophrenic person in a $40,000 car when they are having an episode. Some of these people do not wash for weeks or smell of cigs.

Your definition of professional is flawed. If you base it on the car someone drives, that is pretty petty. And for the record, everyone of these people admitted to the Police they were on the phone. I am not sure how it works where you live but I would admit it. Maybe it is a Canadian thing.

Skape

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Wow,

For three of these I was in the car. Just waiting at a stop sign or traffic light. My girlfriend could probably out drive most people on this forum, and that isn't even a joke.

As for driving clients around, the car was in near perfect condition and the are mental health clients. You do not put a schizophrenic person in a $40,000 car when they are having an episode. Some of these people do not wash for weeks or smell of cigs.

Your definition of professional is flawed. If you base it on the car someone drives, that is pretty petty. And for the record, everyone of these people admitted to the Police they were on the phone. I am not sure how it works where you live but I would admit it. Maybe it is a Canadian thing.

Skape
Yes, WOW. Your GF got hit 4 times in 2 months. That is WOW! Sorry if this hurt your feelings...Thanks for clarifying with the details because yes maybe I too would not want a schizo in my 40k car. Thats why they say details matter!

But wait...That's where you are not getting it...Who said it had to be a 40k car? Not me! I said a professional shouldn't drive clients around in a beater. You can be a professional driving clients in a 15k corolla, dude.

You will not change my perception of professionals that drive clients around should not be driving a beater. You can argue the car has 40k miles, is 13 years old, and costs $600 bucks but to me that is a beater and I think it does say a little bit. For your GF's situation this makes sense. For many other professional jobs out there it might not as much.

Just waiting at a stoplight huh. So this person would have ran a red light not paying attention or hit the gas too soon because when the light turned green you were still on the brake. Which one is it? Details matter!

SkapeGote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150
Yes, WOW. Your GF got hit 4 times in 2 months. That is WOW! Sorry if this hurt your feelings...Thanks for clarifying with the details because yes maybe I too would not want a schizo in my 40k car. Thats why they say details matter!

But wait...That's where you are not getting it...Who said it had to be a 40k car? Not me! I said a professional shouldn't drive clients around in a beater. You can be a professional driving clients in a 15k corolla, dude.

You will not change my perception of professionals that drive clients around should not be driving a beater. You can argue the car has 40k miles, is 13 years old, and costs $600 bucks but to me that is a beater and I think it does say a little bit. For your GF's situation this makes sense. For many other professional jobs out there it might not as much.
LOL. We couldn't afford a 15k car. Jesus, I drive a 1997 f150 myself. We both work in mental health. It is a job about passion, not money. It pays terrible. I would with abused children and she houses homeless people. Gets them supports and hopefully work. Crappy pay but rewarding. Like I said in another thread I will never be able to afford a car like a Mustang. The only reason I am on this forums is because of how much i love this car. I like the pictures and stories.

Skape

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
LOL. We couldn't afford a 15k car. Jesus, I drive a 1997 f150 myself. We both work in mental health. It is a job about passion, not money. It pays terrible. I would with abused children and she houses homeless people. Gets them supports and hopefully work. Crappy pay but rewarding. Like I said in another thread I will never be able to afford a car like a Mustang. The only reason I am on this forums is because of how much i love this car. I like the pictures and stories.

Skape
You sound like a stand-up kind of guy. I respect your passion. One day you will be rewarded with all your hard work and be able to get a car of your dreams.

KArob486

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (Ruby Red)
I hate to hear/see that S550_Magnetic. I know I was upset when a piece of flying debris from 2 lanes over put a quarter sized ding and scratch in my hood the first day I drove it. I also tend to park in the back of the parking lot to avoid these things - I would have been pissed too (I was pissed when someone scraped my year old Fusion at work).

Part of the reason I love the Mustang is it's a very nice car and great bang for the buck - but I don't consider it to be a fancy, snobby car (it is by far the nicest one I've ever owned, however), and not one that screams "key me," even if parked away from others. Not saying it doesn't happen (there are awful people that would key a minivan in the back of a lot, I know from it happening to our family car years ago). Crappy people are just crappy people - doesn't even have to matter what the car is. There's not much respect for anyone's personal property these days

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
40 days and waiting on parts,

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ok, so if you see an Aventador in the back of a mall parking lot you assume the owner is in it hitting a crack pipe or having sex? Either way, I still wouldn't understand parking next to it.
There are no places where I am where there are empty parking lots with faraway spaces, unless you really go searching them out. So if you are parked in one, it means that you drove around for an hour looking specifically for a secluded parking spot, and people normally only do that if they have a good reason.

People here don't really worry about parking next to other cars since nobody cares about door dings. Here's a picture from my parking garage where my car is currently parked; I took this picture last night, trying to get the license plate, which unfortunately washed out in the flash (it says "BABYLMBO"). It's a Gallardo parked next to a CLS63 AMG, and parked next to that out of frame were, in order and right next to each other, a Maserati Gran Turismo, an Aston Martin DB9, a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (easily the ugliest Ferrari, in my opinion), and then my Mustang. Everybody always parks next to each other. So yeah, if I saw an Aventador parked way out in the middle of nowhere in an empty parking lot, I'd assume it was somebody either do drugs or having sex in it.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Oh no! That sucks, man, I'm so sorry!

Sponsored
OP
OP

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
This was a company vehicle that belong to a landscape company that hit my car. I have now spent the entire day trying to get them to contact the insurance company just to take their statement so that they could issue me a rental.

They have now all left for the day and not a single person called the insurance the company. My claims adjuster called 4 different people and left voicemails twice, still no response.

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
If the company will not call thier insurance company (fear of rate increase, loss of insurance, or plain doesn't want to) then it is time to start looking for a lawyer. Sorry to say that, but most will not fess up to thier mastakes or take responsability for them. You most likely will have to go through the legal system. Now you are into a he said/she said thing. But the supervisors observation should help. Make sure you get reimbursed for diminished value also.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
People here don't really worry about parking next to other cars since nobody cares about door dings.
Again you have described car Hell for me. I'm not sure there is enough money in the world to get me to live in large metro areas. If I ever come to visit I won't be driving. ;) Poor cars. ;) Take care my city friend. :)

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It comes down to needing the car alarm companies to start offering front, rear and side cameras, IR/motion activated, facing out, recording when any thing/person gets near your car. :paddle:
Though it might scare the heck out of you, people do the most screwed up things when they don't think anyone is watching.:crazy:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Years ago, some guy in LA bought and retrofitted a British Saracen Armored Car (Large Rubber Wheels), to be street legal. He was tired of being rear-ended/side-swiped, etc.
He said that repairs were 'just a quick spray of Army Grey Drab".
Sponsored