Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Agree with everything but minivans. Minivans spell kids and distracted parents. The front doors are enough. Avoid like the plague.
LOL Fair enough. I guess my Irish luck has shielded me from those demonic soccer moms.

And a sidebar conditional rule: adult drivers having to secure or remove their children from those safety seats. They tend to forget how their doors come uncomfortably close to their vehicular neighbors. :rant:
Sponsored

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Might be an odd request, but could you take more pictures of the inside of the tail light? I'm curious how they have the LED arrays set up.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Condolences bro. Just logged in and saw Oppo go through similar shit (in his case the front end) - terrible stuff. Hang in their, the luck of the draw although all of us have some battle stories to share I'm sure.

I'm hoping my TY paint will make it hard to miss. We'll see.
Meanwhile, I'll avoid retyping what I was sharing with Oppo and copy paste some of my comments below from that thread! Coming from a fellow enthusiast who LOVES his cars and loves driving and tried to minimize loss, I can relate. It's esp hard when it happens to a spanking new ride.

As folks mentioned, its a random world and other than minimizing the odds of these kind of things (from door dings, rock chips, maintain distance, accidents, keying etc) occurring there is not much we can do and shit still happens - the primary mission is to enjoy our rides and you were doing that (esp judging from your posts on driving with ESP/TC off ;-) ). I lost a car (Acura Integra -R) while it was PARKED on the street outside a condo I used to live in (I was lazy ONE day in my entire 7 years there and came upstairs for an afternoon nap). When I returned a few hours later is was WRAPPED AROUND A TREE - it was such a strong impact my sunglasses inside were cracked and the bottle of cologne I had burst open. Apparently someone has smashed it with a truck or Boeing 747 - the insurance company at first was suspicious (thought I had hit it somewhere and claimed hit and run) until they say the damage at the scene and their jaw dropped. Another incident - I came back from a roadtrip and was super tired and left a bag in my car. I never do that and it was in the trunk (this time an Audi TT) - that day someone decided to break in to my car. I lost a lot of expensive stuff, not to mention my rear seats were torn up. I felt 'violated'.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Ugh. I'm sorry to see this. At least you caught the guy. Hopefully you'll get taken care of.

In 97 I got a brand new Probe GT. I was driving down a one way street and mid-block, I passed a car facing the wrong way with its hazards on. I ease past the car and stop at the light. Seconds later, this car is backing down this one way street and backs right into me at the light. Big scratch in my bumper. He tells me it's not that bad. I tell him it's a brand new car and that, if it wasn't for him, there wouldn't be a scratch at all. A witness comes by and gives me his card. The driver finally gives me his info. Days later I get a $700 quote to fix the scratch and the guy goes nuts. I remind him that he hit me going backwards down a one way street. He hands over the check and I drive to the bank to deposit.

There are no shortage of stupid, negligent, oblivious or otherwise dopey people out there.

OP
OP

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
I finally got the persons insurance to get me a rental. They stuck me in this giant POS Chevy impala. The incredible part is the car only has 37k miles on it and it feels like its falling apart. The CV shafts are clunking, the automatic transmission slips and feels sloppy. The interior is a hilarious joke. It looks similar to my very first car, a 1984 Oldsmobile Firenza.

99% of my cars have either been Honda's or Fords. Is this what Chevy quality is all about?

Sponsored

OP
OP

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
So.. Parking away from people is the worst thing you can do for your car. I saw so many cars getting broken into and damaged in the back of the lot during my very brief stint at Walmart that I will never park far from the store front.
Another reason I don't go to Walmart.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I Park my s550 on 6th? (Black level on the elev buttons) i usually do rooftop special with the construction workers. I havent seen a single s550 in the wild except mine. when i had my blue genesis coupe i used to park there all the time, but ive only driven down three times since i got my ecoboost. But because i only need to go to work 14 days in february, i may drive down instead of my usual metro north from westchester.

You are right though, the grage is like a showroom of exotic and ultra luxury cars.
There were s197 roush and shelby in that lot over a year ago, but dont see em anymore.

I get there 6:30am and leave 3:00pm. If i see your car, maybe ill leave you a note with a hello. I am excited to see another s550.
Hey man, are you parked on the 5th floor there today? Because I saw an Ingot Silver S550 there this morning as I was walking to work; it's the first S550 I've seen (other than my own) ever!

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Hey man, are you parked on the 5th floor there today? Because I saw an Ingot Silver S550 there this morning as I was walking to work; it's the first S550 I've seen (other than my own) ever!
Sponsored