Sponsored

This is what happens to Mustangs sitting in Parking lots

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
You park your nice car in one of the other 100 available spots in the back of the lot. Unless the lot is full, I don't see a reason to ever park right next to another car that's in the back of a parking lot.
If it's a nice car I often park next to it in the back of a parking lot. I do this because I assume they care about their car as much as I do. This way we each have a side of our cars covered by someone who gives a rip and won't ding the doors. If you park all by your lonesome, you never know who will park next to you. But if you choose a car to park next to, you're increasing your chances of a non-issue.
Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
There are no places where I am where there are empty parking lots with faraway spaces, unless you really go searching them out. So if you are parked in one, it means that you drove around for an hour looking specifically for a secluded parking spot, and people normally only do that if they have a good reason.

People here don't really worry about parking next to other cars since nobody cares about door dings. Here's a picture from my parking garage where my car is currently parked; I took this picture last night, trying to get the license plate, which unfortunately washed out in the flash (it says "BABYLMBO"). It's a Gallardo parked next to a CLS63 AMG, and parked next to that out of frame were, in order and right next to each other, a Maserati Gran Turismo, an Aston Martin DB9, a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (easily the ugliest Ferrari, in my opinion), and then my Mustang. Everybody always parks next to each other. So yeah, if I saw an Aventador parked way out in the middle of nowhere in an empty parking lot, I'd assume it was somebody either do drugs or having sex in it.

20150122_064820-1.jpg

Wow, I didn't know there was an S550 in this lot! That's my hood in the foreground.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Lambo owner needs to pick the leaves out of the intake grilles. Looks trashy. ;)

How'd they even get in there in that concrete jungle anyway. Poor car probably slugs along at 25 mph in traffic and never sees the top side of 3K revs. :(

They should loan it to me and I'll stretch its legs. :D

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
20150122_064820-1.jpg

Wow, I didn't know there was an S550 in this lot! That's my hood in the foreground.
Hah! Yeah, I'm usually on the 4th or 5th Floor, Deep Impact Blue GT currently running snow tires on no-name TireRack wheels.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If it's a nice car I often park next to it in the back of a parking lot. I do this because I assume they care about their car as much as I do. This way we each have a side of our cars covered by someone who gives a rip and won't ding the doors. If you park all by your lonesome, you never know who will park next to you. But if you choose a car to park next to, you're increasing your chances of a non-issue.
I have to agree I've done this before; especially with C7s or Ferraris- more expensive cars than my $40k Mustang.

Now not right next to the other car parallel obviously (Im not a dick) but head to head parked if that makes sense, or if only side by side spots, at least 1 spot away; usually on the line so no one can park/fit in the spot between us. It's the way back of the lot so who cares.

I know he definitely wont scratch me though with a nicer car.

I HATE people who park their beaters next to me when I purposely parked farther back away from everybody and there are 10 spots closer to the business door to take.

Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
ya doing good huh ,real good
If you ever want to see REALLY nice cars, that garage is the place to be, in Battery Park City. There's a Rolls-Royce Phantom more or less permanently parked in front of the entrance, and a McLaren MP4-12C that sometimes also parks on the ground floor. Go through the whole garage (it's seven stories, including the roof deck) and you'll basically see every single exotic you can imagine -- all manner of Porsches and Ferraris and Bentleys and Aston Martins and Maseratis and you name it. Parked alongside Honda CR-V's and Transit Connects and seemingly every single 3 Series ever made. I haven't seen any S550's aside from mine, though. But somebody has a SWEET grey 2013 Rousch there.

When they do the 9/11 light pillar tributes every year, it's from the roof of that garage, couple blocks from the World Trade Center.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
If you ever want to see REALLY nice cars, that garage is the place to be, in Battery Park City. There's a Rolls-Royce Phantom more or less permanently parked in front of the entrance, and a McLaren MP4-12C that sometimes also parks on the ground floor. Go through the whole garage (it's seven stories, including the roof deck) and you'll basically see every single exotic you can imagine -- all manner of Porsches and Ferraris and Bentleys and Aston Martins and Maseratis and you name it. Parked alongside Honda CR-V's and Transit Connects and seemingly every single 3 Series ever made. I haven't seen any S550's aside from mine, though. But somebody has a SWEET grey 2013 Rousch there.

When they do the 9/11 light pillar tributes every year, it's from the roof of that garage, couple blocks from the World Trade Center.
I used to work in the area but never frequented that garage. A few people did mention to me that there's never a shortage of nice cars in there. It's self-park, right?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i couldn't image living where you would park lambos and ferraris in a shared parking garage. blows my mind. hell even the mustang!

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I Park my s550 on 6th? (Black level on the elev buttons) i usually do rooftop special with the construction workers. I havent seen a single s550 in the wild except mine. when i had my blue genesis coupe i used to park there all the time, but ive only driven down three times since i got my ecoboost. But because i only need to go to work 14 days in february, i may drive down instead of my usual metro north from westchester.

You are right though, the grage is like a showroom of exotic and ultra luxury cars.
There were s197 roush and shelby in that lot over a year ago, but dont see em anymore.

I get there 6:30am and leave 3:00pm. If i see your car, maybe ill leave you a note with a hello. I am excited to see another s550.

Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
i couldn't image living where you would park lambos and ferraris in a shared parking garage. blows my mind. hell even the mustang!
Welcome to the jungle better known as New York City, particularly Manhattan.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to work in the area but never frequented that garage. A few people did mention to me that there's never a shortage of nice cars in there. It's self-park, right?
Yes, and rooftop is $19 for 12hrs, but spots are kinda narrow on the roof, albeit most construction workers seem to respect other vehicles, as i did not get a single door ding or scratch up there.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Yes, and rooftop is $19 for 12hrs, but spots are kinda narrow on the roof, albeit most construction workers seem to respect other vehicles, as i did not get a single door ding or scratch up there.
Is that an early bird special? Seems kinda cheap, even for the area. I would park by WFC and most of the garages were $25-$30 for 12 hours (early bird pricing).

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i park very early, with empty spaces around me. When i came back at 3pm, there was an M4 and a 911 parked next to me, along with utility trucks and other average cars. It really is a weird lot.

You know you love your mustang when i didnt even bother to look inside the M4 and just drove off, happy as a clam knowing that i will be stuck in trafic or an hour inside my mustang...

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Hah! Yeah, I'm usually on the 4th or 5th Floor, Deep Impact Blue GT currently running snow tires on no-name TireRack wheels.
GIVE ME YOUR CAR!!!:D
Sponsored