OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Well everyone screams that the lt4 is a huge fail yet it seems to be more of a packaging issue in the vette and not the caddy. Even though the GT is using a engine that's been out its still using different parts and at much higher boost levels. It's simple its a new car so it'll have a problem. That can be from any Brand.
In all honesty, less CTS-V's are used as intended. The Corvette is just more active.

There is very little CTS-V activity as of now... In fact, very few people bought them. The CTS in general has nearly flopped in sales vs. the last Gen. Even less people are buying a V.

Not only was a Supercharged engine a mistake for the z06, the increased wheelbase and laughable wheelbase:track ratio has turned any real drivers off.

I'm sure even some CTS-V's will be found broken as they start popping up.
Sponsored

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
Also talks about wiper motor recall they will provide rental car in tell part comes in. I wouldn't want GM car for rental :doh:
i wouldnt want anything from the Gigantic Mistake either.only fools buy from them.:lol:
:cheers:

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
Oh man...

This is exactly WHY an LT4 equipped z06 is important to potential LT4 Camaro buyers.

347 blown LT4 z06 engines out of how many sold? Less than 500? Less than 1500?

It's bad...
bad indeed.what do you think is gonna happen when they put that junk motor in a zl1 or something?ha ha ha.the last z28 didnt sell well,i wonder if they even have enough money tied up in R&D for another z28.they also have that big fine to pay.hell,they might not have enough money to keep them from falling apart.:lol::lol::lol::cheers::D

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Pretty sure there are a few other threads that might as well be "Official Pill threads". Did we really need another one? :doh:

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
The sad thing is that this car probably didn't 'need' a supercharger to get the accolades it's been receiving. Outside of power delivery, every other performance aspect of these cars seems to be highly praised, and the overall build quality inside and out is certainly improved.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
bad indeed.what do you think is gonna happen when they put that junk motor in a zl1 or something?ha ha ha.the last z28 didnt sell well,i wonder if they even have enough money tied up in R&D for another z28.they also have that big fine to pay.hell,they might not have enough money to keep them from falling apart.:lol::lol::lol::cheers::D
They'll just find another way to pick your pocket to pay for it like they did before!!!

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
so seeing how popular the caddys are getting makes me wonder how long till a turbo v6 makes it into a vette?
It must be in the back of the mind of at least one person at gm...

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
so seeing how popular the caddys are getting makes me wonder how long till a turbo v6 makes it into a vette?
It must be in the back of the mind of at least one person at gm...
I watched a vlog about this car, where it was inferred that Chevy feels that the Z06 is about as far as they can take the current platform. My not-so-radical guess is that the next gen will be mid engine. Hopefully not a FI-V6, but who knows.

It'd also be nice if Ford brought the GT into production as something other than the ultra rare, pointlessly unobtainable car that it's going to be, and give the Corvette some direct competition.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
The 2017 Mustang has JUST got the green light for R&D maybe in September. Unless the GT500 is built in Germany, we will see it at Bremerhaven.

The z06 issue is a big one and it will have a direct effect on the LT4 Camaro. The mistake was merging the z06 with the ZR1 because the LT7 failed emissions. The same exact issue is quickly approaching the Camaro. The LS7 was built for a Corvette, just as the LT4 was built for a CTS-V. Any time a vehicle adopts an engine at GM, there are always issues...

I don't usually assault the Corvette BUT, this is actually a preemptive strike against a Camaro that doesn't officially exist yet...

Maybe they should have stuck with the ls7 and got Volkswagen to do the emissions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I attend a Ferrari sponsored car show in Naples FL every Feb.

Every exotic you could think of is there, I first saw the C7Z there, it seriously looked like someone bought a $50k base Vette, dialed up JC Whitney and ordered 50# of black plastic and stuck it all over the place to create down force, really disappointed with it in person.

Oh and I don't care what the magazines say, there's NO Lambo/Ferrari/Mclaren/FGT ect owner that would swap their car out for a $100K Vette....That'd be like showing up to the golf course in a Pinto
I *seriously* doubt that. In fact, I would say that all those owners probably *do* have a Z06 that they use as their daily driver. The best "mod" for someone who can afford a $400K Ferrari is a Z06 next to it. Their Ferrari's only come out for shows to help minimize that $10K in maint they have to have every few thousand miles.

Sponsored

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
I *seriously* doubt that. In fact, I would say that all those owners probably *do* have a Z06 that they use as their daily driver. The best "mod" for someone who can afford a $400K Ferrari is a Z06 next to it. Their Ferrari's only come out for shows to help minimize that $10K in maint they have to have every few thousand miles.
Um, no. It's more about image at that level. A $400K car is like a normal person buying a $400 beater, $10k is like a dinner out.

Wareaglea5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wk2 jeep
I watched a vlog about this car, where it was inferred that Chevy feels that the Z06 is about as far as they can take the current platform. My not-so-radical guess is that the next gen will be mid engine. Hopefully not a FI-V6, but who knows.

It'd also be nice if Ford brought the GT into production as something other than the ultra rare, pointlessly unobtainable car that it's going to be, and give the Corvette some direct competition.
This is correct according to GM's lead corvette engineer. The front mid engine design is done, the engine is as low as possible and it was pushed as far back as possible, two inches further than a c6. It's hard to say on what will happen to big v8s for the big three because the next generation of AFM is here and it's already delivering 20% better FE compared to the current version that improves FE by 7%. It will be in production in a few years. Even though Ford is pushing the turbo route I'm sure they will have some kind of V8 like they do with the trucks.
I have to agree with the pill that the c7 is junk in every trim level. GM admitted from the beginning they were limited by the bankruptcy. I don't know why anyone would want to pay top dollar for that. It was the best they could do with a limited budget, and it's starting to show. The next one is going to be the one to watch, with three times the development money.

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Um, no. It's more about image at that level. A $400K car is like a normal person buying a $400 beater, $10k is like a dinner out.
It's not as much about the image, as it is about what I want to drive. If i got millions, then why not buy a Corvette to sit along with my McLaren, Lambo, Rolls, Bentley, and whatever else is in my garage? People like this do what they want, and if they feel like driving a Vette they will get one. Many rich people also don't care to show off their money. So for example, the owner of the whole Ikea company drives an old square-style Volvo wagon and there are many more examples. Like they say, clothes do not make the man. When you're at one of those exotic car meets ask some of the owners what they think about the new Corvette, and you will be surprised.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Wow, I surely didn't think the first attempt at a z06 would have been all they can muster. Sounds like deliberate misinformation to me.

Maybe as far as weight savings go or, perhaps another area such as balance or cooling but not overall. The C7's platform is by every definition, advanced...

I have serious doubts that this is it...

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
It's not as much about the image, as it is about what I want to drive. If i got millions, then why not buy a Corvette to sit along with my McLaren, Lambo, Rolls, Bentley, and whatever else is in my garage? People like this do what they want, and if they feel like driving a Vette they will get one. Many rich people also don't care to show off their money. So for example, the owner of the whole Ikea company drives an old square-style Volvo wagon and there are many more examples. Like they say, clothes do not make the man. When you're at one of those exotic car meets ask some of the owners what they think about the new Corvette, and you will be surprised.
I have, they kinda snicker, my folks live in a very affluent golf resort down there.

Sure there's exceptions to the norm, but wealthy car guys could careless about a Vette for the most part, unless it's some collectible.

They don't want something someone that makes $60K a year could finance.

I'll be back down there for the next one in Feb, I'll do some interviews if you want LOL
Sponsored