Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
guessing the film is just polarised to stop the refraction within the glass on the reflection. try turning it through either 90 or 180 see if it improves the outside look polarised is usually planar
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I love (proper) HUDs, they are great. Cant believe Chevy have been putting them in Camaros and Corvettes since about 2005 and Ford havent caught up yet.

Our new MINI Clubman will have one when it arrives next month :)

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
That's a trick little device. Back in the Japanese tuning days there was a company (Defi) who offered a HUD something like this from what I can remember it was very expensive and discontinued some time ago.

My dad also had this in his Corvette C6. When you used to boot it the display couldn't keep up and would just completely light up with 88! lol

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
My Mazda 3 has one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

OK this is a crap video, its hard to hold a phone in front of your eyes so you see what I say and well driving, particular in cold wet weather lol, still I tried:

[ame]

So with the film it is super sharp and clear, also rather bright, that is on auto and in dimmer setting. So its a bit distracting at first though you get used to. Though I feel even with the slightly ghosted image its better without the film as its just more transparent/dimmer.

I did as Manders suggested and taped over everything un-necessary which really cleans it up well, you could also dim it by using clear tape and then a black marker or just remove the film from windscreen.

For ÂŁ20 its a great buy, works well, revs are a bit laggy on our ECU it seems, Ford clearly guy our ECU a slow CPU, it seems fine on the BMW, super smooth.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Hi there

OK this is a crap video, its hard to hold a phone in front of your eyes so you see what I say and well driving, particular in cold wet weather lol, still I tried:

So with the film it is super sharp and clear, also rather bright, that is on auto and in dimmer setting. So its a bit distracting at first though you get used to. Though I feel even with the slightly ghosted image its better without the film as its just more transparent/dimmer.

I did as Manders suggested and taped over everything un-necessary which really cleans it up well, you could also dim it by using clear tape and then a black marker or just remove the film from windscreen.

For ÂŁ20 its a great buy, works well, revs are a bit laggy on our ECU it seems, Ford clearly guy our ECU a slow CPU, it seems fine on the BMW, super smooth.
you can get free ones which work off your phone screen, of course you need to have the phone flat by the window
or if you want rid of the film this does the job but is ÂŁ50
Nano Technology so no need of any film, and James T Kirk has one on the Enterprise :D
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product..._sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A31U6BEYGL8QTC&th=1

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you can get free ones which work off your phone screen, of course you need to have the phone flat by the window
or if you want rid of the film this does the job but is ÂŁ50
Nano Technology so no need of any film, and James T Kirk has one on the Enterprise :D
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product..._sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A31U6BEYGL8QTC&th=1

Mine is listed as nano technology, it still has a slight ghost without film but is not so bad, I will probably ditch the film because it looks pants from outside and driving at night it is bright with the film.

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
You used all your fuel on that run lol

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even in daylight was rather bright on auto, so defaulted it to the dimmer setting:

[ame]

When driving you do not see the box or anything, held phone rather high and closer to get a better video.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Even in daylight was rather bright on auto, so defaulted it to the dimmer setting:

When driving you do not see the box or anything, held phone rather high and closer to get a better video.

Nice one, did you see what [MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] said about the 'piece of paper' ;)

hinch said:
guessing the film is just polarised to stop the refraction within the glass on the reflection. try turning it through either 90 or 180 see if it improves the outside look polarised is usually planar

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice one, did you see what [MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] said about the 'piece of paper' ;)
Not yet, in the dark I could no longer see it in the windscreen.

To be honest I think I am going to remove the film anyway, it kind of makes the image to sharp/bold, a HUD is supposed to be a ghost type image, so you see it but you never focus on it if you get my drift. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not yet, in the dark I could no longer see it in the windscreen.

To be honest I think I am going to remove the film anyway, it kind of makes the image to sharp/bold, a HUD is supposed to be a ghost type image, so you see it but you never focus on it if you get my drift. :)
Yeha I getcha, still need to watch these videos to see it - glad the tape worked. if it's too bright, you could always tint it (or tape with a sharpie as you said lol)... Equally, for those interested, tape with a sharpie can make the image white/red/whatever colour sharpie u have ;)!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Mine is listed as nano technology, it still has a slight ghost without film but is not so bad, I will probably ditch the film because it looks pants from outside and driving at night it is bright with the film.
your one is a great price, but not really sure I need it to be honest
I have a voice that tells me if i am going over the speed limit on the free Tom Tom cameras which also gives me the Speed Cameras which the Sat Nav dont.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
your one is a great price, but not really sure I need it to be honest
I have a voice that tells me if i am going over the speed limit on the free Tom Tom cameras which also gives me the Speed Cameras which the Sat Nav dont.
I got it not because I needed it, just because I wanted it and love gadgets and geeky stuff.

That is why I love 2018 dash, for me the more buttons in a car the better. I like cool things, I might hardly ever use them but buttons, toggle switches, fancy looking dashes are damn cool.

People are saying the digital dash in a Mustang is too futuristic, I have never read so much bullshit in my live. It was true muscle cars going years back that had digital dashes, hell you only have to watch Knight Rider, haha, but so many muscle cars of the past had digital gauges and some still do, Ford are just trying to compete with GM and Dodge.

Shame they did not include a HUD. :(
Sponsored