Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Has anyone ever contacted Mountune re getting a Roush front end over here?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
HI there

OK so this is essentially the final round of modifications, of course knowing me I will do other bits and bobs during my next six months ownership but I cannot resist and until the new one arrives this is still the baby.

So after several recommendations from other Mustang owners I paid a visit today at Evolve Automotive in Derby, I've being discussing my requirements with Richard on Facebook previous, so today I arrived at 10am as agreed and met with Richard letting him and his colleague to get on with my car.

In short I booked the car for the following:
- Hexis gloss black roof
- Hexis gloss red tint for rear lights
- Hexis satin black window trim (de-chrome)
- Best colour match to brakes to turn red dots to green
- They quoted 3.5hrs work with it costing upto ÂŁ350

I've always generally being happy with the clear rears, chrome trim, but the moment I went dark wheels, black mirrors, it kind of started to look a bit odd.

Anyway below is before and after photos:

Chrome trim turning to satin black

We were both pretty gobsmacked at this, the transformation was nothing short of superb, it took them 20-30 minutes to do both sides.

The red dots of hell, now the acid green dots, OH LOOK AT DEM SOCKS!

Its a very subtle modification, one generally not spotted until pointed out but to me it makes sense and ties it in with the brakes, the car will not be getting any more green, subtle and it really works so well with the magnetic. Not just those fancy Porsche's that can get away with a big of luminous green. :D :D :D

Time taken, 10 minutes!

Clear lights, finally become red tinted

I absolutely love the outcome, they have no output on the light output at all, even to the point that amber still shows amber at the end, so still legal for the do gooders out there with nothing better to do on their hands. The quality of the workmanship is simply superb, the cut lines are smooth and precise and not as matt as many of the kits out there.

Time to complete 40 minutes and they will offer this to other Mustangs for ÂŁ80 done as the reaction to me putting this on Instagram and Facebook was big with people wanting to ditch their current tints to have these done simply due to the better quality fitment and the fact they have no impact on the light output meaning people can see you indicating, braking etc.

Hexis gloss black roof wrap!

The orange peel you see will fade once the car has being in direct sunlight for a couple of days and had a polish/wash. Other Mustang owners had the same result, but a few days later it turned like glass, which will make me glad when it does as the paint on my car is superb, so don't want an orange peel style roof.

This is 50/50 for me, when the car is polished, sun out, the sparkle/glitter in the paint is amazing at this point it becomes 50/50.

All other times I prefer the black roof, it ties in the black accents on the car so well, I feel the car has now really come together and visually that it the car is finished.

I also firmly believe come selling time, my car will move easily being one of the very popular colours but an easy colour as not in your face and the styling, lowering, stance, bodykit will simply make it more appealing, it certainly stands out.

The roof took around 30 minutes and they charge ÂŁ120-ÂŁ140 depending on model year. You can see the cut line is perfectly straight and smooth, no zaggies! Again fantastic quality work!

Better Photos!

I am absolutely over the moon and because they had it completed in roughly two hours they charged me ÂŁ310 for the job which I think is a relative bargain, yes am sure there are cheaper places but I wanted quality materials with lifetime warranty and the job done right.

Many hear told me to de-chrome the car and tint the lights in the early days, yet I was stubborn and kept as is, do I regret not doing this sooner? Well maybe but hey it means I just get to enjoy the car even more.

Shall have to see if cars behind and joe public on the street are still pulling out their cameras as often and taking photos and videos, which really does still happen several times a week. Something I thought by now would no longer happening considering how many are on UK roads, but even in old man magnetic people are always taking photos and asking me questions.

Anyway really happy and can't recommend Evolve Automotive in Derby enough if you need any wrapping or tinting services doing.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Looking good mate:thumbsup:......a suggestion if I may:)

Tint the orange reflectors at the front;)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking good mate:thumbsup:......a suggestion if I may:)

Tint the orange reflectors at the front;)
Yeah have contemplated those.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good!!! As said on FB, tempted to go and get mine redone by them with that vinyl, as mine just don't show amber at all, especially as i drive with my sidelights on...:yawn: off we go.

Joys of one mod leading to another ay!

How's the "Orange peel" effect on the roof? i've just treated mine and seems to have pretty much gone now, first proper wash since putting it on.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking good!!! As said on FB, tempted to go and get mine redone by them with that vinyl, as mine just don't show amber at all, especially as i drive with my sidelights on...:yawn: off we go.

Joys of one mod leading to another ay!

How's the "Orange peel" effect on the roof? i've just treated mine and seems to have pretty much gone now, first proper wash since putting it on.
They said it needs 48hr before washing and try to park in sunlight which will cure most of it. They said then do a wash, seal and polish should bring it up like glass.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
They said it needs 48hr before washing and try to park in sunlight which will cure most of it. They said then do a wash, seal and polish should bring it up like glass.
Yep, haven't polished mine yet.

Just washed, waxed and sealed it. :lol: I was told 48hrs before wet, 5 days before jetwashing :eyebulge:

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
It looks good like the roof. When I first got mine I liked the clear lights. Beginning to think they look a bit naff :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Love it :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing it for the first time on your second Highland rampage in a couple of weeks ;)

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]! Nice work mate. I will be booking in for red lights with them now I've seen how well yours came out.
Sponsored