Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Totally correct
Papinist got his euro lights done by [MENTION=9174]caniggia[/MENTION], but [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] tinted his lights red
I know he tinted his lights to start with but is that the same pair he had converted to sequential or did he buy a pair of US ones?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know I wasn't happy with the EU lights when the spec was confirmed but TBH I've come around to the clear lenses, although I have got a red tint kit to go on when I have my stripes done, so for me, that just leaves the sequential operation which isn't worth the several hundred quid it would cost to get converted.

If anyone has a friendly autoelectrician nearby, it may be worth mentioning this to them as a little sideline since I'm pretty sure the time investment would prove to be worthwhile.

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 GT Custom Pack
I know I wasn't happy with the EU lights when the spec was confirmed but TBH I've come around to the clear lenses, although I have got a red tint kit to go on when I have my stripes done, so for me, that just leaves the sequential operation which isn't worth the several hundred quid it would cost to get converted.

If anyone has a friendly autoelectrician nearby, it may be worth mentioning this to them as a little sideline since I'm pretty sure the time investment would prove to be worthwhile.
It's probably actually quite simple to do with an arduino board in a small enclosure to take over the indicator signal and switch the LED's to amber in sequence... presuming that the LED's are in fact all RGB and not just the outer ones that act as indicators... need to see inside one to be sure

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

If the Time investment can net the guy around £300 to convert them, why the hell not, i'll give any electrician up and down the country £300 to convert my white Euro lights to Sequential Amber lights :lol:

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
If the Time investment can net the guy around £300 to convert them, why the hell not, i'll give any electrician up and down the country £300 to convert my white Euro lights to Sequential Amber lights :lol:
I was once upon a time an electronics engineer in the RAF, I'm going to pull mine apart and have a look at what can be done.

If he has to replace all the LED's with RGB ones then I can understand 300 quid but if there are all already RGB's then it should be fairly trivial to hookup a micro controller to do it... in theory

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
that USA car that has EU rear lights, look at video, only outside ones are orange when he puts sequential indicators on, so looks like only outside light has orange led's

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
I don't suppose anybody knows how much Ford want for a pair of mustang rear lights?

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
that USA car that has EU rear lights, look at video, only outside ones are orange when he puts sequential indicators on, so looks like only outside light has orange led's
Which would make sense really, Ford wouldn't put them in the other 2 sections if they aren't needed

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I was once upon a time an electronics engineer in the RAF, I'm going to pull mine apart and have a look at what can be done.

If he has to replace all the LED's with RGB ones then I can understand 300 quid but if there are all already RGB's then it should be fairly trivial to hookup a micro controller to do it... in theory
Whichever it is, i'll bring my car down to you if you can do it for £300 :lol::thumbsup:
Sponsored