Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Yes it's the red and white that are incorrectly crossed. Here is a blurred photo I took when I installed mine. I think its after the swap. Actually it might have been before I swapped them. Anyhow just swap red and white.

20170525_094915.jpg
Thanks again Peter. I guess I could just connect the white to sidelight and the red to DRL? Did DD tell you the DRL should be brighter than the sidelight setting? I'm super sensitive about burning them out as 1.) they cost a lot and 2.) They're a nightmare to change!!
But then.. you said you swapped yours around five years ago and they're still fine, so that's as good a recommendation as I'm gonna get.
Sponsored

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Yes you can just T tap to the opposite wires. Remember solder is better. Swapping the red and white in the pigtail plug is a bit cleaner IMO. Your DRLs need to be bright when your headlights (and parking lights are off) That's their objective. for safety. LEDs shouldn't burn out and they don't burn out in America where they are standard for the 2015 to 2017 series. You will be fine. This is actually a legal requirement in OZ (dimming drls when Headlights are on). I would assume this is the case in UK and Europe.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes you can just T tap to the opposite wires. Remember solder is better. Swapping the red and white in the pigtail plug is a bit cleaner IMO. Your DRLs need to be bright when your headlights (and parking lights are off) That's their objective. for safety. LEDs shouldn't burn out and they don't burn out in America where they are standard for the 2015 to 2017 series. You will be fine.
Check out my video on YouTube. “Nigels Mustang Channel” I even gave you a shout out Peter.

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Cool Video Nigel. Thanks for the reference.
DD should have supplied you with the replacement parking light globes. This was an after thought by them to eliminate the fast ticking on the dash. I'm assuming you did not receive them in your kit. Or did you get an earlier kit?

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Video Nigel. Thanks for the reference.
DD should have supplied you with the replacement parking light globes. This was an after thought by them to eliminate the fast ticking on the dash. I'm assuming you did not receive them in your kit. Or did you get an earlier kit?
I bought my kit from JWR back in 2020, so maybe I should have had them but JWR had old stock?

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well guys, they are all fitted and working now. Boy oh boy, what a difference it makes to the appearance of the front of the car!!

Now.. where did I put those Pedder's????
Sponsored