Sponsored

The proper GT lower grill

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Mine is a fender emblem; so they come in left and right hand versions.
Did u have to get a new deck lid or did it cover up the holes from removing the stock badge ?

On that note. The stock grill. The pony - does it sit on a dock that removable ? I.e can I remove the pony and put the tribar pony on? Or do I need a whole new grill

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Did u have to get a new deck lid or did it cover up the holes from removing the stock badge ?

On that note. The stock grill. The pony - does it sit on a dock that removable ? I.e can I remove the pony and put the tribar pony on? Or do I need a whole new grill
The grille has a cutout for the pony. You'll need a different grille with no pony cut out to change it like centurion did

Slowhand has his tribar ponies on his fenders where 5.0 emblems go.

Sponsored

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
The grille has a cutout for the pony. You'll need a different grille with no pony cut out to change it like centurion did

Slowhand has his tribar ponies on his fenders where 5.0 emblems go.
Ah yes

Ballix!

What about the one with the tribar on the back then ? Is that a new deck lid or does the pony cover the holes

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Ah yes

Ballix!

What about the one with the tribar on the back then ? Is that a new deck lid or does the pony cover the holes
Hmm, I'm not so sure [MENTION=18349]Slowhand[/MENTION] has his on the fenders. That is his on the decklid so unless he has both...?
I think I'm correct in saying you need either a blank decklid, a NewTakeOff V6 decklid or to fill and paint your own due to the position of the holes for the faux gas cap emblems...

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Ah yes

Ballix!

New deck lid. The holes from the original badge are too far apart. I also wanted to keep the stock one in case.

I have the 5.0 badges on my fenders. I'd like something different but again limited by the old holes left behind. My favourite was the old Ford V8 badge but that doesn't cover anything.
V8.jpg

Last edited:

JB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback
Why the F it was never fitted as standard, we'll never know. Strut brace for RHD is available on that site too, a smidge under ÂŁ400.

So if it can be fitted why was it omitted?
Strut brace - EU pedestrian protection rules.
Grille - our cars come standard with the Performance Pack. US cars don't, but if you look at US PP cars, they have the same lower grille as ours. The different grille must have something to do with cooling efficiency.

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
This is a US GT PP Grill. I opened the lower outer fang openings, they are normally closed off. I was looking at all the other pictures in this thread and none looked right, maybe shots from early production media cars?
FB_IMG_1476954588010.jpg

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
wasn't there something about bonnet lift too much air getting in from the open yank grill that's why they went with the more enclosed one for europe? can't remember exactly but think it was a thread on here from about 4-5 months ago.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
They are US-GT lower grilles, being sold under the ford performance banner.

Chap on facebook who's in one of the groups is also an employee at ford (not sure what as), he's also confirmed Powerpacks will be coming but they're jumping around the red tape at the moment. He also hinted at a Ford performance supercharger (WTF?)
Sponsored