Sponsored

The proper GT lower grill

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
So in short, because a deployable bonnet is apparently 'Legal' in the UK, that changing the lower grille actually makes the car illegal (Unless modding the new grille to have the mounting points?)

On the point of lights, think a lot are 'Happy with them' but, have it in the back of their mind they may want to change them, which to me doesn't sound like that's been a successful implementation, same goes for the faux gas cap. I'll admit Euro lights look amazing on certain colours, but red, unless you have a CP - NEEDS those red tails, really transforms the rear!
Oddly, I think red works really well with clear lenses - as does black and blue. It's a contrast - which works for some, not for others. I see your point though.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly, I think red works really well with clear lenses - as does black and blue. It's a contrast - which works for some, not for others. I see your point though.
I disagree, but, that's the beauty of the car world!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I like my faux GT 'gas' cap, to me, more and more, it's just a badge :shrug:
I disagree, but, that's the beauty of the car world!
I think it depends how you view what you're looking at. If you look at the lights expecting them to be red then clear isn't going to look as good. I tried to keep an open mind from the start and the clear has grown on me. I wanted mine smoked rather than red however.

As for the gas cap, like LS I don't see it as a poor attempt at faking a gas cap. Just an emblem, that if I were to change it would be due to the size of the thing or to remove the chrome.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think it depends how you view what you're looking at. If you look at the lights expecting them to be red then clear isn't going to look as good. I tried to keep an open mind from the start and the clear has grown on me. I wanted mine smoked rather than red however.

As for the gas cap, like LS I don't see it as a poor attempt at faking a gas cap. Just an emblem, that if I were to change it would be due to the size of the thing or to remove the chrome.
Agreed, however, I looked at them as blank canvas, put red on, haven't looked back, I'd have been 'fine' with just clear ones.

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
Just to be clear, because we don't have ACC swapping out our Lower Grille for this one doesn't affect anything system wise?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just to be clear, because we don't have ACC swapping out our Lower Grille for this one doesn't affect anything system wise?
Based on earlier posts, it sounds like it may disable the pedestrian impact system if you don't do some extra work to relocate parts of that system. I don't know about liability in the UK but in the US, if you did something that disabled it and hit someone, the fact you disabled it would effect how your insurance handles a claim. But it sounds like its easy to keep it operational.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
As Bobsp12 pointed out, it's only the wiring that needs a slight relocation. The actual sensors are unaffected.
Yep, that's what I was referring to.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
[MENTION=14112]croyde[/MENTION] , the rest of the world got the crappy base model grille because of the deployable bonnet.
Thats why we dont get the decent grille....because it doesn't have five 1/4 inch holes moulded into it.:shrug:
spot on
I have the ACC and the "the rubbish grille" and it's never really bothered me. Only time I even look at it, is when I clean it
People have tried to change it in the US who have the ACC and it stops the radar working.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
So in short, because a deployable bonnet is apparently 'Legal' in the UK, that changing the lower grille actually makes the car illegal (Unless modding the new grille to have the mounting points?)

On the point of lights, think a lot are 'Happy with them' but, have it in the back of their mind they may want to change them, which to me doesn't sound like that's been a successful implementation, same goes for the faux gas cap. I'll admit Euro lights look amazing on certain colours, but red, unless you have a CP - NEEDS those red tails, really transforms the rear!
Some Yanks want the clear lights, so its swings and roundabouts, for me as had the Reds on the S197 and makes the car more American I love them, and now with the light system 100% like the US, like the Reds even more
But the whites were done to make the Euro Stang different.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Some Yanks want the clear lights, so its swings and roundabouts, for me as had the Reds on the S197 and makes the car more American I love them, and now with the light system 100% like the US, like the Reds even more
But the whites were done to make the Euro Stang different.
Unfortunately, I think human nature always leads us to some degree to covet what we don't have!

As you (and others) state, the white lights were done to make the Euro Stang different, as was the faux gas cap GT logo and other things... but at the end of the day (hate that saying but need to use it), I think all we wanted was an iconic American car in RHD... not another Euro styled car, which we've already got plenty of!
Sponsored