Sponsored

The new GT500 will have some serious competition...

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
Google trap speed and tell me how far you have to go down to find it used outside of drag racing. :lol: I even googled trap speeds for Nurburgring and couldn't find anything.

Also I've never heard that track called "Gring", but I have heard it called "The Ring". Are you just making up stuff?
While I agree with you about the term "trap speed" and it's common usage, I can see where the OP to go with it. As far as using the pet name "Gring", I've read that numerous times in the past, mostly back in 2008 or '09 when guys were talking about the Gen5 Camaro and how the restyled mustang needed to measure up. Also, it was usually typed as " 'gring."
Either way, just let it go. :cheers:
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would rather Ford wait half a year or more and see how the competition measures up and then get to work on a Mustang that will outrun the Hellcat Demon and all Camaros.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I would rather Ford wait half a year or more and see how the competition measures up and then get to work on a Mustang that will outrun the Hellcat Demon and all Camaros.

for that matter I'd wait a whole year till they add track coolers in the following year model,..not making the same GT350 mistake by buying first model year lol

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I'm starting to think Ford doesn't have a GT500 to unveil to begin with... Or anything else new for that matter. Seems like GM and Dodge are putting a lot of thought and effort into the performance market and Ford is going more towards the Hybrid market. I really hope they are seeing that I prefer a Ford Performance vehicle over a GM even though I own both. I will however never own a Dodge product no matter how many HP it has or how nice it looks. I worked for Chrysler and have owned many of their vehicles and have been bit by each and every one of them. The Hellcat looks OK but every time I see one I can't help compare it to a boat. It looks like it weighs 6k lbs!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Of course ford doesn't have a GT500 yet. No way they could keep it quiet this long.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
BAMF doesn't equal THE BAMF. If it's not gonna be THE ass kicker. Keeper under wraps until it is.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think Ford has seen the trend set by GM and FC toward 6.2 liter high performance engines and is evaluating options to counter those with a larger displacement engine. Ford probably is waiting for production to start on an aluminum version of the 6.2 liter Raptor V8 block. In the mean time, we will have to be content with power increases to the Voodoo V8.

Sponsored

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
I am starting to strongly doubt that their will be a gt500. I think fords next performance model will be the upcoming hybrid mustang. If they were going to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the gt500 they missed it. The cars should be in show rooms already. It's like ford has gone back to their late 90s performance mentality that they don't care if they aren't the fastest or most powerful as long as they sell.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
What's ford performance?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You would think there would be some sort of announcement of what they are? Would Ford hate to think of the middle class person who saves up his/her money for a car they really want to buy.

So you think 6 are coming right at 2020? I'd think they would bring 3 every 2 years until then, in which case there should have been some sort of announcements made. Zero came...we're not getting any younger here.
Sponsored