Sponsored

The Livernois HPFP upgrade ... a second and better high pressure fuel pump upgrade

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
It'd take some work. The pedestal adapter would have to be machined, fuel lines would have to be made, etc. Plus, these LT4 pumps aren't cheap. Chevy jacked the price to $800+ to mitigate people buying them up and swapping them over to LT1 cars. For the price Livernois is gonna offer it for, I can't imagine that it'd be easier or more economically feasible to try to fab up one yourself.
I read the article on Speed Academy and they said even the LT1 guys have to work for it to make it work.
Sponsored

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
And even after all the work, its still a plunger style cam driven HPFP, they are limited in flow now matter what you do. Its the exact reason all the BMW M3 cars come with dual pumps. They learned from their early mistakes.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I said this in a different post some time back but, someone needs to make a belt driven HPFP.

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
At this point combining all these threads and ideas it looks like you need the HPFP, LPFP and Injectors.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
I said this in a different post some time back but, someone needs to make a belt driven HPFP.
Maybe the company that pioneered the first and only belt driven HPFP upgrade on a certain BMW platform. Maybe they are about a week away from testing one. Not gonna name any names or anything....:thumbsup:

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
It'd take some work. The pedestal adapter would have to be machined, fuel lines would have to be made, etc. Plus, these LT4 pumps aren't cheap. Chevy jacked the price to $800+ to mitigate people buying them up and swapping them over to LT1 cars. For the price Livernois is gonna offer it for, I can't imagine that it'd be easier or more economically feasible to try to fab up one yourself.
That's what I think Livernois did lol. They bought LT4 HPFPs, swapped the pedestal to their own design, flipped the electrical connector 180 degrees, and called it a day. The actual driver of the pump though, I'm not sure what they did there. I imagine it'd need to be extended for the Ecoboost vs the LT4, so they might've switched the plunger and spring.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
That's what I think Livernois did lol. They bought LT4 HPFPs, swapped the pedestal to their own design, flipped the electrical connector 180 degrees, and called it a day. The actual driver of the pump though, I'm not sure what they did there. I imagine it'd need to be extended for the Ecoboost vs the LT4, so they might've switched the plunger and spring.
They might have, but even as such, it's gonna make for an awesome upgrade. The LT4 pump is a very capable pump and should prove to be quite an upgrade based on what I've seen from the C7Z cars. Now, only if they'd sale me one of them!!! :(

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
They might have, but even as such, it's gonna make for an awesome upgrade. The LT4 pump is a very capable pump and should prove to be quite an upgrade based on what I've seen from the C7Z cars. Now, only if they'd sale me one of them!!! :(
Agreed, I'm sure the lt4 hpfp flows quite a bit of fuel so it makes sense. I'm just curious haha.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
The limiting factor at this power level is going to be the fuel injectors, to deliver any more power, they are definitely going to need to be upgraded to be able to keep up with the demands of the engine. That's what we're testing at the moment. It would be safe to say though that the turbo's not to far behind the injectors for needing to be upgraded to get even more power.

We'll be sure to update you all on our findings :)
:bump: all i see are FP threads which is cool for the guys getting or are interested in that tune, but damn, any update on this? sorry I don't have facebook if any updates were given there

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
At this point it seems like you'll need to go upgraded LPFP, HPFP, and injectors. Looking at a pretty high cost if using the current options from what I've seen.

Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
That's like 3kish lol wouldn't it be better just to stick with an aux kit at that point.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
That's like 3kish lol wouldn't it be better just to stick with an aux kit at that point.
exactly lol if that is the case for me personally it would be best just to stick with an aux kit... i'll wait to see what livernois says

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
:bump: all i see are FP threads which is cool for the guys getting or are interested in that tune, but damn, any update on this? sorry I don't have facebook if any updates were given there
So much slow, lately. Until the price comes down, aux kits are still a good option. Not to mention, clean valves.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Some updates on our HPFP,

We have several pumps that are being tested on the 2.3L and 3.5L engine platforms as we speak. They are in the final stages of endurance and reliability testing. Our goal is to ensure proper functionality and performance gains before they are official released to the public. We have already successfully logged several hundred miles on these vehicles with no issues and will be continuing testing.

We are starting to produce pumps for the release to ensure quality so stay tuned!

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Some updates on our HPFP,

We have several pumps that are being tested on the 2.3L and 3.5L engine platforms as we speak. They are in the final stages of endurance and reliability testing. Our goal is to ensure proper functionality and performance gains before they are official released to the public. We have already successfully logged several hundred miles on these vehicles with no issues and will be continuing testing.

We are starting to produce pumps for the release to ensure quality so stay tuned!
[MENTION=11090]Livernois Motorsports[/MENTION] Any updates on this? Potential release date?
Sponsored