Sponsored

The Livernois HPFP upgrade ... a second and better high pressure fuel pump upgrade

Bennington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot ecoboost
I sure hope the fuel pump is worth $1599 to you.LOL
Considering the ability to run straight e85 with a simple bolt on, and the fact that it's not much more expensive than the aux fuel kits being offered at the moment, I'd say it's worth $1599 to quite a few people. I'd just like to know its limits.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I sure hope the fuel pump is worth $1599 to you.LOL
I've said for a long time that I'd drop the coin for one immediately for anything under $2,000. It's very much worth it to me to have a factory style integrated solution that's under the PCM's control. This will get me to exactly where I want to be, both now and in the future, and I won't have to worry about a secondary controller flaking out on me and ruining a good engine. I've been waiting a lot time for this upgrade and I'm very excited to see them coming to market! :clap2:

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
SO is the only advantage of this to run e85? Can you still run 93? Would you also need a tune to run e85 with this?

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
So this seems great for those who wish to run special fuels like E85, etc but what about those who have no desire to run them? At what power level on pump gas does this become a must have :
300-400?
400-500?
500-600?

And what else fuel wise would be needed at that power level ?

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Considering the ability to run straight e85 with a simple bolt on, and the fact that it's not much more expensive than the aux fuel kits being offered at the moment, I'd say it's worth $1599 to quite a few people. I'd just like to know its limits.
Considering the capabilities of the Bosch pump that I'm understanding it uses, it should be a VERY capable pump. I would think 500+ on E85 would be doable, but I'm sure Livernois will chime in with more on that.

Can EB guys not redo the whole fuel system like us GT guys?
Unfortunately not. Our fueling systems are more like common rail systems found in diesel engines. The biggest bottleneck thus far has been the HPFP on the fuel rail. However, not that that's been solved, I'm sure we'll be looking at the injectors next. Adam has said that the LPFP is good to around 600-650 hp and I'm sure we'll see a lot more testing on upgrades across the entire system before too long.

So this seems great for those who wish to run special fuels like E85, etc but what about those who have no desire to run them? At what power level on pump gas does this become a must have :
300-400?
400-500?
500-600?

And what else fuel wise would be needed at that power level ?
You won't need this upgrade on pump gas because you'll be limited by octane and not fuel flow. The factory unit is completely adequate for pump gas tuning. As you mentioned, this pump will really shine with E85 and different race fuels. The safe limit with 93 seems to be around 325'ish whp with most tunes.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply, we have been getting hammered with inquiries on this (Not a complaint, trust us :) ).

So, what the graphs are showing is commanded fuel pressure versus actual. As you can see with the stock pump, the computer is requesting a fixed pressure value, that when stock, is more or less, easy to achieve. When tuned, it makes it more difficult to achieve that number as extra power requires extra fuel, and it can no longer deliver what is needed. Add in E85 (of any mixture) into the system, and it just becomes more and more difficult to achieve. In the case of these graphs here, at full E85, we actually had to run less power and boost just to be able to not have catastrophic failure with E85, but as soon as we put our pump on, it was able to keep up with demand, and put power back into it.

Now, we have found the limit of the injector, so we will be working on that next, so we can confirm that the pump can definitely out perform what the injector is capable of.

Now, as for purchasing these, we plan on being able to ship these out in the next 2-4 weeks.
Going to back this up as well, these pumps 100% out perform what the factory injectors are capable of. We as well found that the injectors cannot support the new pump volume.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
So one cannot use this alone?
Yes, you can. The pump just has the ability to even surpass the limits of the injectors. That's a good thing. It means there's plenty of room to grow.

DontoMelbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future EB Vert
Yes, you can. The pump just has the ability to even surpass the limits of the injectors. That's a good thing. It means there's plenty of room to grow.
And the injectors aren't that bad of a cost up compared to the pumps at ~$640.

I just saw this msn article that mentions the new HPFP's at SEMA and the already existing DeatschWerks HDEV1700 upgrade injectors.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Going to back this up as well, these pumps 100% out perform what the factory injectors are capable of. We as well found that the injectors cannot support the new pump volume.
So you have one of the new pumps and have started tuning with the new fuel pump?Looking forward to your results.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
So how much power can the pump actually support with the stock injectors?
With the stock injectors, our pump has performed up to around 380whp under ideal conditions with e85.

SO is the only advantage of this to run e85? Can you still run 93? Would you also need a tune to run e85 with this?
You can run either e85 or 93 but both will require a tune with this pump. The computer will not be able to read the increased fuel so you will need a tune.

We are currently testing that! we are pushing it to the absolute limit to find a true boundary line of what it can handle.

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would be all over this but finding e85 fuel in NYC is almost impossible
Sponsored