Sponsored

The Great BIG CAI Thread

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
I'm hoping to get mine this week so I can install it over the weekend.
Sponsored

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange ecoboost
I orded a MAP as well. Quality is what sold me. Not big on the plastics kits either.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't believe there has a been more 3rd party dyno testing done then on our intake with proven gains over and over again.

A fender mounted filter will be louder no matter the brand, different strokes for different folks. :)

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and just bought my 1st Mustang so I'm a rookie when it comes to performance and modifications.

I'm confused with which CAI to go with, I've narrowed it down to Airaid or JLT?

any information would be appreciated.
It all boils down to looks, quality and preference.

When you hear "our average gains were 25hp etc... etc.. etc... you can believe they are pulling your leg. No CAI on these cars will give you that gain period and I should know more then anyone because I've tested 3 of them.

What you do get is gains that change the curve and give you power where you didnt have it before, plus you get the sound. Any of the selections with the open filter will give you that sound so the only thing left to decide is preference in looks....

Now for those that dont want the plastic inlet tubes thats fine but keep in mind when you go to metal ones you will increase your heat soak IAT1 temperatures, meaning that metal intake, be it aluminum or SS will heat soak and retain the under hood engine temperature. So imagine sitting at a stop light in 100* weather, under hood temps are smoking hot and your metal CAI inlet is just soaking up that heat. Its even worse if you have the one that bolts to the engine as that cylinder head temp is just transferring to that tube. Now leave that stop light and get on the gas.... Sure the IAT1 will come down to near ambient but it will take alot longer then it should and all the other temps will suffer. The lack of performance will be felt with a heat soaked metal CAI tube.

We have tested and like both the Airaid offerings because you get the best of both worlds. With the street version you get low IAT1 temps and a sealed box that serves a great purpose, it also yielded good dyno improvements over stock, then you get the Race only version (which can be run on the street IMHO) and you get the sound along with the performance and lower IAT1 temps due to the plastic inlet they are both made out of.

As these cars hit the track in the upcoming warmer months you will see a gap start to widen between the plastic inlet CAI's and the metal inlet CAI's, there is no doubt in my mind that the plastic ones will win out in the end.

Like I said, it all comes down to a few things and as long as you have all the correct information that is available to you then you can make a better educated decision. :cheers:

JJ

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'm pretty sure that the gains they're talking about would be under the curve gains and not peak gains.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I don't believe there has a been more 3rd party dyno testing done then on our intake with proven gains over and over again.

A fender mounted filter will be louder no matter the brand, different strokes for different folks. :)
I didn't mean my comment to sound like I was being negative towards the JLT. I was just agreeing and listing some benefits of the MAP. Some people like the louder intake sounds lol.

I'm currently running your intake and really like it. I've been very pleased with the quality and performance. I really like that I can reuse it for turbo upgrades, have the BPV cap to VTA, etc. Plus, the S&B filter is really nice.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I didn't mean my comment to sound like I was being negative towards the JLT. I was just agreeing and listing some benefits of the MAP. Some people like the louder intake sounds lol.

I'm currently running your intake and really like it. I've been very pleased with the quality and performance. I really like that I can reuse it for turbo upgrades, have the BPV cap to VTA, etc. Plus, the S&B filter is really nice.

No worries I didn't mean for that to sound like I was pointing that towards you.

The great thing is there are multiple companies making solid products for the EB, pushing things forward! Exciting time for EB owners.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
we are currently prototyping ours, and it will be quite a bit different than any other current system.

-we always use custom silicone in our kits as it has excellent ability to thwart heat soak
-we always use custom CNC velocity stacks that integrate with our oversize custom filter(in the case of the mustang the filter selected is good to 700hp)
-we always strive to maintain ambient temps to the turbo with the least restriction, in the case of the mustang we will be placing the filter on the passenger side of the car so it will have the shortest run to the turbo. as well as the least ability to absorb heat as it doesn't pass in front of the radiator...
I know this will make several people happy. Looking forward to seeing how the filter placement and everything works out. Seems like a lot of stuff blocking airflow on the passenger side.

MadKaw

Meat Puppet
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brand-X
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt Highland Green
I was trying to get my green filter from my ST to fit on the end of my MAP intake. I like that open ended filter design.

Sponsored

Frogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR IC JLT CAI ATP DP Meth INJ Cobb Tune FR ABs
Will my AM IC help my AM CAI have a more significant blow off? I'm thinking of the MMR intake combo sound clip. Me want.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Vid of the MAP intake I just installed, this thing sounds awesome. Using dashcam mic, so quality/volume isn't great.. But, it gives you a good idea.

[ame]

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Made a couple quick vids of the mishimoto intake while I was driving around today. Traffic was a little slow so I didnt really get to get on it

[ame]

[ame]

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
With this cold air design with the filter behind the front bumper, fender area, is it exposed to any direct airflow?
Sponsored