Sponsored

The Face of the 2015 Mustang!

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
I dont understand how people say it looks too much like a fusion. The only fusion styling i see is the shape of the grille. Its time for the mustang to change, it needs a new, more stylish look to increase sales, especially overseas. When we see the whole car i bet people will start to like the front end as well. For all we know this might not even be the production front end. Ford is also gunning for a younger generation, im 17 and i love this, it seems like an evolution of new edge with some s197 and evos cues.
Sponsored

bbtrick

Threads
Reaction score
sorry, just don't see it. while it is not a bad looking design, it just looks like everything else out there, absolutely nothing about this even remotely says mustang ... well, other than the emblem. Ford could just as easily have put the mustang emblem on an f150 and been as close to a mustang as this is.as for sinister or mean anything along those lines, its not. its just ... well blah. looking at it is just looking at a Ford. Not that that is a bad thing if you want your car so be a Ford, however its just a Ford, not a mustang. From the front is could just as easily be a fusion or edge or fiesta or any other Ford. Unfortunately, the design followed all the typical pattern for everyone else. Make a generic car, the same car everyone else is making, and stick a few mustang cues on it and call it a mustang, rather than actually put the effort into developing the mustang. All that does is make it ... well ... blah.This is what the designers a month ago were raving about? This is what they were calling "stunning"? Sorry, its just not. Park it in a mall lot and it will just be one of all the others that look like this.

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
bbtrick, this has NO mustang cues and might as well be a F150 with a pony on it? A little dramatic?

This could easily be stunning once they finish it. Your looking at a totally unfinished product. I find it hard to believe that the Fusion grill and slimmer head lights turns people off so much that you think this is "blah" looking. I think a lot of us agree the front view looks very mean and very Mustang. Just my 2c.

jimmythepage666

zoom zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
The front end also reminds me of an e90 3 series! With the exception of the grille areas of course.
BMW-M3_2010_1024x768_wallpaper_03.jpg
stng2.jpg

aortiz10

Threads
Reaction score
I just hope it beats out the Camaro in sales and it pulls in the Generation Y group.

Sponsored

Vickstang

This is what they were calling "stunning"? Sorry, its just not. Park it in a mall lot and it will just be one of all the others that look like this.
I call what we saw today stunning, considering what stage of prototype we're looking at. We're looking at a taped-over cut-up, track-weathered and unpainted front fascia what else did you expect? Once you see this in final form with glistening paint, HID headlights, complete grille, and glossy (or CF) front lip, it'll look even more stunning.

That it even looks this good at this stage tells us we're in for a treat once the production model is revealed under the bright lights at an auto show. :headbang::ford:

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
I guess I'm too much of a cynic, but I think we're still being duped. It looks like a fiberglass nose that's been strapped on. Rough edges, weird seams. The bottom corner looks like someone's already run it into a curb.

Maybe I'm giving Ford too much credit, but that's what I'd do. Classic misdirection. Put a nose on it that people expect in order draw their attention. Kind of like the Air Force encouraging UFO rumors to misdirect attention from spy plane testing. (ooh, that will jack the tread...)

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Conspiracy BS.
This IS the car... the shape is entirely what we've been seeing in the camo all these months.

Mustangz

Threads
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking I should have waited now,that grille is great,and if the rest of the car is as good...well dang. I'll still wait and see the rest of it before my final judgement,but I like it.

If I do decide to get it,I'll wait a year or 2,the 1st model of nearly anything has problems...ahem,2011 Mustang getrang manual transmission... But I'd definitely get a V8.

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
If you can wait a year or two, you'll probably also save some money. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of dealer gouging for a while.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm that patient. :)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I think they probably wanted to start leaning more towards the Fusion styling especially once they saw how big of a hit the Fusion was. I bet they're trying to keep the Mustang crowd happy while also trying to reel in people that want a 2 door Fusion. That way they can cash in on Fusion success and the fact that it's a new Mustang.

GTsquid

I think they probably wanted to start leaning more towards the Fusion styling especially once they saw how big of a hit the Fusion was. I bet they're trying to keep the Mustang crowd happy while also trying to reel in people that want a 2 door Fusion. That way they can cash in on Fusion success and the fact that it's a new Mustang.
But Ford would have had no idea how successful the Fusion would be by the time the design for this was locked in. It's years in the making, they didn't just wait for the '13 Fusion to succeed then decide to create a Mustang with some of the same design features. As others have said here it is even possible that the Mustang design came first.

Im thinking that the success of the Fusion really made them confident in the design tho. They have been acting like it ever since. No concept, very little info released, and up until now very few spy photos that show anything.... that's all signs of a company that knows it has a hit on its hands and isnt that interested in getting a ton of buyer feedback.

GTsquid

Hot dang that looks good.

Some serious potential once they put some makeup on this thing.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The driver in the S550 looks a lot bigger than the one in the GT500 proportional to the car. Maybe the 2015 is a lot smaller.
Sponsored