Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Recessed Lug Nut Brush

I can’t quite remember where I got one of these, but it’s telling that none of the usual suspects (in Australia) carry these anymore, and that’s a good thing! They are however widely available through Amazon, AliExpress and Ebay. This item was not cheap and cheerful, rather a classic case of cheap & nasty!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ecessed+Lug+Nut+Wheel+Cleaning+Brush&_sacat=0
https://www.amazon.com.au/s?k=recessed+lug+nut+brush&i=automotive&crid=3EOJQ47HYFF81&sprefix=recessed+lug+nut+brush,automotive,233&ref=nb_sb_noss
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholes...+Brush+With+Handle&spm=a2g0o.detail.1000002.0

lnb102.jpg

These tools consist of a t-shaped handle with slim “fingers” and a recessed foam head. The central recess allows the brush to slide over the lug nut, cleaning both the nut and lug socket at the same time. These foam inserts were replaceable when needed. A great concept............but poorly executed.

lnb101.jpg

Within a short period of use, the foam insert would work itself away from the handle and would often be found floating in the wash bucket.

Another issue that needed careful management was the plastic fingers protruding beyond the foam insert, potentially scratching the hell out of the lug socket in the process.

IMG-1243.jpg

I got this thing before the advent of really informative detailing Youtube videos, in a way I was teaching myself via trial and error. This brush seemed like an ideal addition to my arsenal but ended up being a dud. At the very least, it was a gateway to bigger and better things. I think I still have this thing floating around at the bottom of my brush drawer…………………….not for much longer though!

For lugs, these days I’m using either a soft synthetic brush for soft/black finishes, or a boars hair brush for more resilient surfaces.

IMG-7692.jpg

IMG-4236.jpg
Autofanatic did a review of these and hated them too.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Reviving this thread for another addition..............

Carpro MetalliCut -

MetalliCut is Carpro's version of a metal polish, designed to be used on unpainted metals, including stainless steel, aluminum, and chrome.

CarPro MetalliCut – Waxit Car Care
CARPRO MetalliCut Metal Polish 150ml (5oz) - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

IMG-9341.jpg

Apparently, no expense was spared creating the unique formulation of MetalliCut, containing diamond abrasive powders to deliver a fast cut and high gloss finish.

Like most of these polishes, MetalliCut can be used on chrome/aluminum/stainless exhaust tips, chrome bumpers, Ute sport/roll bars, chrome side steps and chrome wheels. It can apparently be used safely on more delicate metal finishes.

cpmc.jpg

cpmc102.jpg

The majority of the Carpro line is exceptional, products such as Reset, Perl, Hydr02, ECH20 and InnerQD get regular use in my routine. So when I needed more metal polish, I had high expectations for MetalliCut. Sadly, the excellence found elsewhere in the range doesn't translate to MetalliCut.

This product is a somewhat runnier liquid compared to most metal polishes. That aspect is tolerable, although you would show some care when teaming MetalliCut with a powered polishing cone as it will fling quite badly. Used by hand, I found this product lacking in ability to cut through and revive like it says so on the bottle. As such, I would say MetalliCut is more of a maintenance polish, but even then, I found it lacking.

IMG-2846.jpg

In fact, I ended up going down to the auto-store and bought some good old Autosol and Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish. Both of those are a classic case of an old, cheap, tried and true product outperforming the expensive new kid on the block.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well, that was a disappointment, D. Considering it is a CarPro product, I expected a glowing conclusion but that was short-lived. Sorry you had to use some hard-earned gelt to get it only to be disappointed.

On the bright side, I LOVED the shot of it on the bike exhaust! Very clever my friend. :-)

As always, thanks for your contributions here, I KNOW this forum's readers appreciate them VERY much.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Well, that was a disappointment, D. Considering it is a CarPro product, I expected a glowing conclusion but that was short-lived. Sorry you had to use some hard-earned gelt to get it only to be disappointed.

On the bright side, I LOVED the shot of it on the bike exhaust! Very clever my friend. :-)

As always, thanks for your contributions here, I KNOW this forum's readers appreciate them VERY much.
I think I know what you are referring to.................?

As for the dud Carpro product, it happens. No company hits the bullseye with each and every product.

There is one redeeming factor I forgot to add to that review, the Carpro polish bottles are nice to use, especially compared to most other metal polish pastes.

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Just curious what you do with the stuff that doesn’t deliver? Use it up and not buy it again? Throw it away? Donate it to a young aspiring detailer? Most of these products aren’t cheap.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Just curious what you do with the stuff that doesn’t deliver? Use it up and not buy it again? Throw it away? Donate it to a young aspiring detailer? Most of these products aren’t cheap.
Most products are pretty good actually, so while I may not "love" them, they do get used in rotation over time.

However, the ones that are truly crap generally sit at the back of the cabinet for a while before I give or throw them away. Sometimes, I repurpose the product, glass cleaners generally end up used for household cleaning, soaps are used to clean out the bin after being emptied.

IMG-6797.jpg

An yes, a lot of money gets spent on this...............probably wasted. But it's all about trying different things and finding that WOW product.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
This product represents a first for me. While the products featured in this thread are disappointing from a performance or preference perspective, none have actually caused damage from their usage on any of my cars. This product, well, I can’t say that’s the case.

Last year I decided to try a brand that had been popping up in my social media feeds, as well as seeing it being used by a few members here. The Mirch brand had been around for a while but had recently gone through a refresh with new bottles and labels to make the brand appear more professional and presentable. The bottles are very Gyeon-esq, the product range substantial and keenly priced, they also cater to the detailer market by offering bulk quantity bottles and drums. The website is largely easy to navigate, the shipping excellent.

I bought a selection of products, ones that I typically use often. The positives end here though.

IMG-8844.jpg

The soaps smell like commercial toilet cleaners. The tire dressing is nothing special, the ceramic detailer and interior detailer were fine, but nothing more. The biggest black mark against the brand was the Grime Off Wheel & Tire Cleaner damaging the finish on a set of wheels.

IMG-8920.jpg

IMG-0397.jpg

That is chemical etching after using the product, something that basically ruined the finish. Polishing a test spot yielded no improvement.

In no way was this from user error, I have used many similar products without issues. However, Grime Off etched into the wheel finish and left them permanently stained. Polish and other cleaning attempts did not correct the problem, so the wheels are basically destroyed...........or finished off. Top cap it off, the product then leached from the spray head and stained a wooden worktop surface.

I will never buy products advertised on social media ever again. Sure, the bottles look nice, and the brand is well presented, but this is typical of the "Facebook Brands". In that I mean a company set up by an individual to sell catalogue products from a local blender, then advertised on social media and most likely "warehoused" in someone's backyard shed. And because these companies don't make or have any clue what's in the products, they and you have no recourse.

I have not reached out to MIRCH, they would likely point to user error. In no way was the product used improperly, such as on hot wheels or in hot direct sun. It was used in a spray, agitate and rinse fashion. And I've used various similar products without issue for many years.

Website for reference only!

High Performance Car Care Products Australia | MIRCH

All I can say is, buyer beware!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Polishing a test spot yielded no improvement.
Damn the bad luck, D, I would have thought that would remove it.

I will never buy products advertised on social media ever again.
Excellent tip, and good to know the outfits to avoid due to poor or even damaging performance, thanks brother.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Most products are pretty good actually, so while I may not "love" them, they do get used in rotation over time.

However, the ones that are truly crap generally sit at the back of the cabinet for a while before I give or throw them away. Sometimes, I repurpose the product, glass cleaners generally end up used for household cleaning, soaps are used to clean out the bin after being emptied.

IMG-6797.jpg

An yes, a lot of money gets spent on this...............probably wasted. But it's all about trying different things and finding that WOW product.
I agree on that one ^^^. I don't even clean the trash can with it LOL. Definitley wasn't my favorite .

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
This product represents a first for me. While the products featured in this thread are disappointing from a performance or preference perspective, none have actually caused damage from their usage on any of my cars. This product, well, I can’t say that’s the case.

Last year I decided to try a brand that had been popping up in my social media feeds, as well as seeing it being used by a few members here. The Mirch brand had been around for a while but had recently gone through a refresh with new bottles and labels to make the brand appear more professional and presentable. The bottles are very Gyeon-esq, the product range substantial and keenly priced, they also cater to the detailer market by offering bulk quantity bottles and drums. The website is largely easy to navigate, the shipping excellent.

I bought a selection of products, ones that I typically use often. The positives end here though.

IMG-8844.jpg

The soaps smell like commercial toilet cleaners. The tire dressing is nothing special, the ceramic detailer and interior detailer were fine, but nothing more. The biggest black mark against the brand was the Grime Off Wheel & Tire Cleaner damaging the finish on a set of wheels.

IMG-8920.jpg

IMG-0397.jpg

That is chemical etching after using the product, something that basically ruined the finish. Polishing a test spot yielded no improvement.

In no way was this from user error, I have used many similar products without issues. However, Grime Off etched into the wheel finish and left them permanently stained. Polish and other cleaning attempts did not correct the problem, so the wheels are basically destroyed...........or finished off. Top cap it off, the product then leached from the spray head and stained a wooden worktop surface.

I will never buy products advertised on social media ever again. Sure, the bottles look nice, and the brand is well presented, but this is typical of the "Facebook Brands". In that I mean a company set up by an individual to sell catalogue products from a local blender, then advertised on social media and most likely "warehoused" in someone's backyard shed. And because these companies don't make or have any clue what's in the products, they and you have no recourse.

I have not reached out to MIRCH, they would likely point to user error. In no way was the product used improperly, such as on hot wheels or in hot direct sun. It was used in a spray, agitate and rinse fashion. And I've used various similar products without issue for many years.

Wow, good to know. I never heard of that brand . Glad I didn't. I feel the same about another brand that is highly marketed by a retailer here in the US based out of Scandinavia.. Only 1 of their products I have kept, the others have been pretty much discarded. An expensive learning exercise. But I like you love to try out new products, I have learned to get the smallest size unless I am really confident I will like it.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

IMG-8844.jpg

IMG-8920.jpg

IMG-0397.jpg

Can you coat the wheels so they at least all chemically etch the entire surface? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

IMG-8844.jpg

IMG-8920.jpg

IMG-0397.jpg

Who needs spending time calling or doing some hokey online review, just send them a glitter bomb in the mail…. “Poof” millions of colorful glitter bits floating around their office…. <sarcasm>:devil:

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
P&S Dream Maker

From the outset, I really wanted to like this product. Dream Maker was hyped beyond belief in the lead up to it’s launch, much of which came from The Rag Company. As such, I was keen to give it a try.

p-sdm100.jpg

P&S Dream Maker is a pure gloss enhancer and offers no protection at all. It’s designed to provide an instant boost in gloss and can be used on all exterior surfaces, including paint, glass and trim. Dream Maker is also compatible with ceramic coatings, waxes and sealants. The distinctive pink colour and sweet watermelon scent add to the attraction.

IMG-3918.jpg

Dream Maker was an addition to Paint Gloss and Bead Maker in the P&S range. Paint Gloss is a quick detailer, boosting gloss and offering lubrication for drying or when using a clay bar. Paint Gloss also has some minor cleaning ability. Bead Maker is a spray sealant with an element of Si02 in its formula, also offering gloss enhancement and can be used as a standalone sealant or as a topper to other coatings and waxes.

In theory, Dream Maker was the answer to the overuse of spray sealants as toppers and drying aids, which in turn can lead to streaky finishes and harder application. With Dream Maker having no protection, it can be used as often as you like without those potential issues. The big drawcard is the extreme gloss and slickness, along with an easy application process.

So, Dream Maker is a very compelling proposition, a product that ticked a lot of boxes for me. I even bought the specific pink towel The Rag Company designed especially for it. Except, something just didn’t gel………………..

IMG-1169.jpg

My first use of Dream Maker was as a drying aid on the deep, dark burgundy paint on the Jaguar. Immediately, I enjoyed the scent. And immediately I began to hate it. The product was very streaky and extremely hard to level down. The final result was indeed very glossy, the difficult application I put down to user error.

IMG-1442.jpg

IMG-1448.jpg

IMG-1444.jpg

Over subsequent uses, I experimented with different application methods. I tried using more. I tried using less. I tried applying directly to the paint. I tried applying directly to the towel. Nothing really improved the experience. This is baffling to me as the key selling point is the “easy application”.

I actually gave Dream Maker another try today, applying two or three sprays into the towel as I wiped over each panel. This improved the result, but it just felt like I was using nothing at all and lacked the lubrication I typically like when drying.

So where have I gone wrong? From what I can tell, less is more with Dream Maker. Apply minimally and directly to the towel and have a separate towel to level properly. This method doesn't really suit my drying style, where I prefer to have product on the paint for lubrication. Using so little of Dream Maker just doesn't feel right.

IMG-1437.jpg

Overall, I’m so confused about this product, mainly because many seem to rave about it and are not having the application issues I have experienced. Combine that with the hype generated during the launch period, Dream Maker just doesn’t achieve what I was expecting. In fact, I think Bead Maker offers more gloss and slickness, and Paint Gloss offers an easier application while also creating a glossy finish.

feb21163.jpg

IMG-2080.jpg

Overall, a product I won't be reordering, and one that I never recommend.
Have you ever done the 10/1 Beadmaker to Dream Maker mixture so many online talk about? I haven't yet as I'm waiting to get through with most of the bottle of Dream Maker I have, because like you, I found it disappointing on its own.
Sponsored