The big Intercooler thread.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Stock tune. Never really payed close attention to boost.
Is it just 16 and newer that can display boost gauge on the console like that or how did you get it? I don't have that on my 15. Unless it's because mine is a PP and they figure I have a physical gauge already? The physical gauge is all the way in the center of the dash and the parallax error is pretty bad.
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
It is because it is a PP. I have a 15 PP and would prefer the boost gauge in the display verse the gauge in the center of the dash.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Is it just 16 and newer that can display boost gauge on the console like that or how did you get it? I don't have that on my 15. Unless it's because mine is a PP and they figure I have a physical gauge already? The physical gauge is all the way in the center of the dash and the parallax error is pretty bad.
Only the base models don't get it, you need track apps.

It is because it is a PP. I have a 15 PP and would prefer the boost gauge in the display verse the gauge in the center of the dash.
Premiums also have it, not just PP. I always have mine set on that gauge. PP just gets the snazzy real gauges haha.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It's nice to have the real gauge so I can have something else displayed in teh dash but when I want a more accurate, easy to read display, the digital in the cluster would be much better. I wonder if anyone has figured out a way to turn it on using ForScan?

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
No you're right, now that I think about it the base 15's I drove had it too. I was getting the boost gauge confused with the other track apps stuff. So jbailer should be able to get it too.
No, mine is a premium PP.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Base model apps
Reading about it the track apps are standard on all ecoboost and GT, just not the V6. I guess the base just doesn't get the driving modes? I really rather have the base for that anyways, I hate having to toggle the stupid thing every time I get in the car because it drives like butts in the default mode.

No, mine is a premium PP.
You should have it then. Dig through the menus, its there.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Can I ask a quick question? cp-e delta core or Mishimoto intercooler? Both are of very good quality, but the cp-e has a larger core. However I am concerned if that larger core leads to a pressure drop.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I just installed my CP-e unit tonight. Took about 4 hours in a cramped garage with the addition of deleting the shutters and swapping out the grilles for the GT+mesh that I made last week.

The grille swap was the hardest part, specifically to re-install the new grilles without warping/cracking the bumper cover, eventually I realized to hold it upright and put a hand on each side and clamp it shut and it was pretty quick after that. I found the fender bolts to be really easy, I have a plethora of 1/4 drive extensions and swivels from my last job and was able to get them out from the top in just a few seconds.

My one concern is the MAP sensor, on the CP-e it doesn't sit flush. Its in there really, really tight and it took a lot of wiggling and grease to get the gasket in so I think it will be ok.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
MAP sensor was also a major PITA for me to install. I haven't had any issues with it so far and resent check showed that it was still in there nice and tight.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
So.. I'm now looking to get an FMIC, I like the idea of getting a bigger core like the ETS but everyone keeps recommending the CPE and MAP smaller intercoolers.. I honestly don't know what to get..

The ETS seems ideal but is priced the same as the smaller IC's which leads me to think it's too good to be true and must have some drawbacks Lol, that may just be the skeptic in me. In any case, I'm looking to spend $500-$600, no tune, currently leaning CPE but I really like the larger IC's..

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
The cp-e is a great choice. Large enough to cool down charge air, but not large enough to lead to a preassure drop. Nice construction, made in the US. I was in favor of the ETS initially, which is also a great FMIC, but I ended up ordering the cp-e Delta Core. I also like the fact that it fits perfectly in the place of the stock intercooler.
Sponsored